Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lookin for people to play with

Default Lookin for people to play with

Im a level 21 barb and questing is startin to get a little boring with how dead everything is pure dps class not really looking to join a guild just wondering if anyone wanted to team up and kill stuff

You seems a little bit like Casper Friendly Ghost to me.

Don't give up. You will eventually find some friends.

Edit by Melcom: not needed.
    Last edited by Melcom; 25th February 2015 at 00:07.

I was in the same place. I had a barb and I was fed up with running along alone and I got my ass kicked really hard. I did a bit of research on how to put my skilltree together, I put some gold into equipment stacking strength and combat rating. I managed to get to around mid level 50s, when I got my head bashed in again, because of questmobs with 5 to 7 adds around them.

I was in my knees in global and NPH, with no one reacting. When asking why ever one is doing solo I got outlandish answers like 'I want to play in groups just not right now', 'I would like to but I am busy', 'Now is a bad time for goupquesting', 'I don't know what your problem is, I can always find a group'.

I even rerolled a tank only to find no one in globalchat to to dungeons with me.

Nobody wants to team up! Nobody wants to do quests in a group!

If you came into this MMO to actually play with others, you are abnormal and strange.

Sorry for the harsh words, but that is my experience here. I have been trying several times, I have been to several guild only to be the only online member which is not lv80 and to get the same answers as I have written above. I know everyone else is such a superhero and the can tackle every quest in this game on their own, but I simply cant, because I am not such a hotshot. I came back today, and after half an hour of being ignored in the channel I was fed the same crap, which is utterly frustrating and makes me leave this game again!

So cohnahn, good luck with that, but its not as easy as you might think.

Apart from a handful of exceptions quests are balanced to be tackled solo. Try opening a topic in the class forums of the class you are playing to ask for advice on how to feat and what abilities/combos to use. In a old game like Age of Conan the majority of activity is bound to happen at level 80. There are a few big guilds that ninja-invite people from tortage and have a lot of low levels in them. They are a bit impersonal but you should be able to find people in the same level range as yourself to play with in those. If you are in a guild where you are the only one that is not level 80, you have joined the wrong guild for your progression in game.

Group quests mostly take you to dungeons which, since the addition of purist achievements, are fairly easy to find groups for at the appropriate level. There are low level group dungeons all the way from level 30-80 and I see groups for them forming every day.

Look in global chat for people forming groups with the word 'purist' in it.

Never understood where people even need gear at low level, you can easily get level 80 just by wearing tortage gear. There is no class where mobs are problem even if you are not wearing any gear
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Group quests mostly take you to dungeons which, since the addition of purist achievements, are fairly easy to find groups for at the appropriate level. There are low level group dungeons all the way from level 30-80 and I see groups for them forming every day.

Look in global chat for people forming groups with the word 'purist' in it.
    You see people asking about them in the chat but how many of them are actually formed? Besides I am not only talking about dungeons. I would like to play with others because:

1. I like to play with others, to advance with other players and socialize.
    2. I am having a hard time at some points which grinds my progression to a halt.

And then some hotshot comes along and tells m

Quote Originally Posted by Derled
    Never understood where people even need gear at low level, you can easily get level 80 just by wearing tortage gear. There is no class where mobs are problem even if you are not wearing any gear
    So in translation: God you SUCK! You can not take on 4 mobs 3level above your characterlevel naked? Than you are to stupid to play this game, I can handle everthing on my own because I am so cool and if you can not, than stop whining and get out of my game.

I am SURE, that Derled does not intend his comment that way, but that is how it feels, being told things like that as a causal or intermediate player.

It is one of the really odd design choices that Funcom made. The simply truth is that there is no bonus or advantage to grouping for leveling. Other MMO's you get an experience bonus for grouping.

Subscribers also get 1 free lvl every 4 days on their account. Most of the veterans use them to skip low lvl questing and just stop at certain levels to do group dungeons for Purist achievement. Other veterans know the game so well that they are able to finish lvling by questing within a few days - so no point to group up with sby slowing them.
    Best advice was told already: join a casual guild with low lvl and/or new players.

*I think I would just start to lvl up 2-3 characters keeping them at different levels to join as much groups as possible and meet many ppl. There are many low lvl dungeon groups in the weekends.
    Last edited by pekka; 20th September 2015 at 15:26.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast