Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good morning all...general discussion on classes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    A good, solid, class in my opinion.
    Only real drawback is that they require quite a bit of micromanagement to perform really well - but some people might view that as a good thing.

(The above is all for PvE. I do not have enough experience with PvP to say how well they perform there.)
    I am not usually interested in PvP gameplay, but your information and advice is appreciated. I figured the Bear Shaman was considered to be one of those "Oh crap the healer is about to die, so I am going to heal the main healer." That is my understanding.

Could you define the micromanaging aspect of the Bear Shaman? Does this mean there are more skills, button presses that you would be performing?

Quote Originally Posted by imkain View Post
    I am not usually interested in PvP gameplay, but your information and advice is appreciated. I figured the Bear Shaman was considered to be one of those "Oh crap the healer is about to die, so I am going to heal the main healer." That is my understanding.

Could you define the micromanaging aspect of the Bear Shaman? Does this mean there are more skills, button presses that you would be performing?
    Means that if you want to perform well you need to keep an eye on several buffs, and renew them when they run out, or start another buff if the first one is on cooldown.
    There are also attacks that perform better if certain buffs are active, so you should try to time your skills so that you can use them together.
    That kind of stuff. All classes have it to some extent, but the BS more than the others.

The three classes you should play are hox, bear and templar in that order. Because they're the coolest and most entertaining. They also have most buttons.

Guard is very good for being a good player but you should prioritize entertainment over learning.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    The three classes you should play are hox, bear and templar in that order. Because they're the coolest and most entertaining. They also have most buttons.

Guard is very good for being a good player but you should prioritize entertainment over learning.
    I agree. Also requires keybinds on most spells and abilities. The most fun i had in AoC's solo play was levelling up my HoX. For a new player it might be hard to master though. These days with the achievement points going on, I am tempted to roll a new hox, but would have to buy a new slot for that character.

Default BS / Ranger

I think BS is one of the best classes - a favorite of mine for solo play - but I also quite like my ranger. There's a tutorial on playing the ranger that I put in the ranger forum (newbie forum thread too). I'd link it, but don't want to spam. :P

As for DT - they are a wicked class - but like others have said, no doubt they will get some form of a class balance /reduction in the near future.

Oh yeah - love my HOX too - even though it is not as well balanced (I think) as it could be. The overall 'difference' between a HOX and any other class is what appeals to me.
    I'll show you roads overgrown and paved with promises long since forgotten, but what you take away will be as much about you as it is me. https://hjbuell.com/about-me/

Thank you for all of the great feedback and information. I rolled a female ToS and have already made it to level 16 with ease. However, my thought process is that I am going to need to respec and go down the Lightning Tree instead of the Thunder tree for leveling up. This is my opinion and your mileage may vary. I feel that going down the DPS tree would be best to clear out groups of mobs to further enhance my leveling for the time being. Just my thought process. Any thoughts? Also is there a way to respec while you are in Tortage?

I did create a Bear Shaman and they are very good at keeping their health up...so I may continue rolling with that toon.

All info has been helpful and I am glad that this community has been very supportive and informative.

-Kain

Thank you for all of the great feedback and information. I rolled a female ToS and have already made it to level 16 with ease. However, my thought process is that I am going to need to respec and go down the Lightning Tree instead of the Thunder tree for leveling up.
    You are right, but you can't respec before you quit Tortage to Khemi.

At level 16 you can use the smuggler to get off Tortage. Click on the note thats on the back wall on a house near the entrance to White Sands. You can respec in every city hub. To go back to Tortage again, talk to the smuggler in the hub where your race comes from. As ToS that would be the Khemi smuggler, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    At level 16 you can use the smuggler to get off Tortage. Click on the note thats on the back wall on a house near the entrance to White Sands. You can respec in every city hub. To go back to Tortage again, talk to the smuggler in the hub where your race comes from. As ToS that would be the Khemi smuggler, I guess.
    Thanks so much for this information. I did not know about this smuggler.

Thanks so much for this information. I did not know about this smuggler.
    You're welcome. You have to go back to finish the destiny quest though. Not many quests are available at level 16 in the hubs or zones.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast