Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Good morning all...general discussion on classes, etc.

With you in game, one more than without you.

The game is what everyone makes of it. People waiting for things to happen will leave before people that are making things happen.

Populations are much the same as 1-2 years ago, with increased activity now due to the achievements and world bosses. T5 raids has woken up the big guilds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    With you in game, one more than without you.

The game is what everyone makes of it. People waiting for things to happen will leave before people that are making things happen.

Populations are much the same as 1-2 years ago, with increased activity now due to the achievements and world bosses. T5 raids has woken up the big guilds too.
    That's good to know. I am certain that FunCom isn't about to drop the game. If they were going to have done that they would not continue to add content, as well as the moderators would be mostly non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by imkain View Post
    That's good to know. I am certain that FunCom isn't about to drop the game. If they were going to have done that they would not continue to add content, as well as the moderators would be mostly non-existent.
    Cats, dogs and unicorns are still around. Much to the chagrin of some
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post
    Cats, dogs and unicorns are still around. Much to the chagrin of some
    Haha...nice to see you there. Good to know that support is still here.

playing guardian is a very good starting class to learn pve, it does need stance dance for solo but not perma def like dt.
    And it is the best class to learn aggro swap, positioning big grp of mobs with polearm. Your mitigation is your only tool to stay alive, you also need to learn how to flat out your defensive tools to maintain high level of mitigation overtime.
    If you can handle guardian well, then you can really play well as a healer since you know when the tank is taking big hit and when to use your AA tools at best timing.
    Moreover, playing guardian can let you understand hate meter alot better than dt/conq, so you can do well as a dps cos you know the capacities of the tank and not out dpsing and get aggro.
    Kiting is a big lesson for guard after 80, learning how to perma kiting an boss while maintaining aggro and stay alive using out of combat regen are more advanced topic.
    Henryx Guardian
    Henryau Pom
    Henryz Barb
    Henryuki Hox
    Henryn Necro
    Crom
    - Henryx Age of Conan Youtube -
    - Henryx Age of Conan Blog -

Thanks for that information Henry. I definitely understood how to tank with my Guardian. I believe I did my first dungeon ever in Conan almost a year ago. I did well and held on to the hate/aggro well, but I understand what you mean by understanding tanking mechanics you can migrate into a PoM without hesitation.

What guild were you in, Kain? Your name sounds familiar.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    What guild were you in, Kain? Your name sounds familiar.
    I actually cannot remember. It was so long ago that I don't remember.

My characters are all on Crom:

Dulanoor - (Haven't decided if I want to be ToS or PoM)
    Lohhaith - 44 Guardian

Question on classes. How is the Bear Shaman as a solo class/healer? Is it a main healer, group support, back up healer?

Quote Originally Posted by imkain View Post
    Question on classes. How is the Bear Shaman as a solo class/healer? Is it a main healer, group support, back up healer?
    Bear Shamans are great for solo play - with Medium armour, Strength and Constitution as your main stats, and self-heals you are nearly as sturdy as a tank.

For healing all the priest classes are about equal. Any and all of them can act as main healer.
    Bear shamans have one slight disadvantage compared to PoM's and ToS's in that they need to be in melee to get their green heals going - this means that they tend to take a bit more damage than those who can work at range. On the other hand they can take more damage so that tends to event out.
    They also have a fair number of support abilities that can enhance the group's performance.

A good, solid, class in my opinion.
    Only real drawback is that they require quite a bit of micromanagement to perform really well - but some people might view that as a good thing.

(The above is all for PvE. I do not have enough experience with PvP to say how well they perform there.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast