Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: PvP vs PvE

Default I just WANT...

I just want my PvP, PvE, RP and high server population back!

I have had an account and played since this MMO came online. I just can't get back into it because I can't have it all in one place, because low pop under any server rules SUCKS!

I was never a GREAT PvPer, but I am a great Howard fan and the open world PvP was the initial draw for me. So exciting.

Good suggestions all. Holding my breath and turning BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by Boadicea66 View Post
    New rare item?

Needs to be grabbed fast or it will be IN box
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

An alternative to flagging yourself in PvP/PvE mode option would be a complete revamp of the consequence system that has just never been working on AoC. Currently the criminality system only discouraged high levels from ganking lowbies. I'd love to see a consequence systeme where your reputation actually has an impact. And this at the individual level but also at guild level. Host mostly players acting like ruffians and see the IA law enforcement act diffrently towards your guild. I'd also like to see diffrences between how the zones are handled criminality system wise, like for example common district should have a much lighter law enforcement system than say Kopshef or Ardashir.

For example i really liked what they did with guards in Mortal Online. Basicly players would have a color grey or red. Red being the sign of a criminal, grey being normal. It's a discret feature that you can only see if you target the dude. So you could be a criminal and still roam around hubs but... if someone spotted you they would only have to type /guard (obviously you can macro keybind it) and a guard would appear and one shot the reds around. So basicly, your grey, you get attacked, your attacker turns red you type /guard they die instantly.

That's the problem with open-world these days, there is no consequence system and acting like a prick doesn't change anything.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Boadicea66 View Post
    I just want my PvP, PvE, RP and high server population back!

I have had an account and played since this MMO came online. I just can't get back into it because I can't have it all in one place, because low pop under any server rules SUCKS!

I was never a GREAT PvPer, but I am a great Howard fan and the open world PvP was the initial draw for me. So exciting.

And you know what? You're not the only one holding their breath for this. I know so many people who can't play their mains because they are on Rage or basically anyone that plays late during US time on either server. The PVP daily's and the PVP events in general are such a great part of the game and currently the guys/gals on Crom can't even access them. The solution is very simple, it doesn't negatively effect anyone, and it easy to implement.

Let me list the pro's and cons of a server merge:

Pro's:

1. Combined Populations for a more enjoyable PVE and PVP experiences
    2. Rage Players are able to play their characters again
    3. Crom Players are able to access the PVP daily's and the PVP events around Hyboria not just the border kingdoms
    4. Fury Players are able to access widespread PUG PVE again
    5. Player hosted events like the Premade Tournament can reach a larger more consolidated audience
    6. Leveling zones are much more plentiful, so newer players don't instantly quit when they see the game is empty (especially if they roll on Rage these days)
    7. Having only one server means less physical hardware is required on Funcom's side leading to lower sustained operating costs
    8. One server means less workload having to span different employee moderators over different servers
    9. Consolidated player base grants easier access to server-wide events and news
    10. An easy rule-set solution for the merge is already out there in which ALL parties benefit, eliminating nearly all the work needed for this
    11. With select-able zones people can tailor the type of game they play based on their mood. Want to hunt down some fellow players? Choose a PVP zone. Want to relax and level with ease and the help of friends? Choose a PVE zone. Easy. Simple.
    12. Increases server competition with less Battle-keeps available for more guilds

Con's:

1. Less money from server transfers (A rebuttal to this would be a single person that is able to resubscribe and play their characters again for one month would completely make up for the loss of a single $20 transaction)
    2. Some thought required to figure out how to deal with the Rage server multiplied items (100 Gold cap, no raid items or shards)

Take that for what you will be the choice seems easy for funcom. Id love some Funcom response to this, not the "we're working on it BS" @Nusquam @CirithGorgor
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234