Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PvP vs PvE

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    He's just saying that there is no need to mention the daily pvp instance
    Yes there is... It is a massively important feature that the biggest server with the most population has zero idea about. It's not "just" another PVP zone, it is the place to be for PVPers that day. It is our Khemi, and it needs to be talked about for those who have no idea what it was (cough cough a few people in this thread). So yes, there was a point to it being said... Glad it took a page and a half to prove that simple point.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    ... because it destroys the immersion i use to have on PvP servers. I simply loved questing and having to watch my surrounding, plan exit strategies if i where to get attacked while in a bad situation, killing mobs near places you could brake LoS easily while keeping an eye on your CDs to deal with occasionnal gankers. I enjoyed the cohesion it encouraged in guilds to play together and help each other when roaming in open-world. I loved the conflicts this induced. You'll tell me that being able to flag yourself in PvE or PvP mode won't change a thing but it does, it reduces the impact open-world has on the environement. Roaming in AoC won't be an adventure anymore if you have an easy way out of hairy situations. And even if you decide you'll never tap out... having people who can and will is a turn off....
    This is so well and eloquently said, especially the "Roaming in AoC won't be an adventure anymore if you have an easy way out of hairy situations".

This is almost exactly how I feel and the core reason why I cannot play on a PvE-only server. I just cannot accept playing on a server where there is no danger from other players. This would not fit the brutal world of Conan! And open-world PvP is just so fun and immersive.

But your words kinda make me sad for ye old PvP-RP server.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

PVP vs PVE is not an issue anymore.

But PVP community have to endure way more problems han pve. PvE community has only 2 issues it latency and content.
    PvP community has many issues and i can only list the main issues which are:
    1)Latency
    2)Split community (pvp community is much less in numbers than pve, so server merge and instance choice should be implemented asap) this leads to 3rd issue-
    3)Big gap between old and new pvpers in minigames so if the community was healthy in numbers it would be great to split que by lvl brackets.
    4)being unable to pvp with your friends.Tournament que would only work for better rewards but it must be exploit free which is hard to make. so spliting the lvl brackets with the return of old que mechanic would be best solution.
    5)cheaters not being punished
    6)Guild pvp is completly unrewarding which leads to 0 guild vs guild pvp (thats a whole chunk of content waisted really)
    7)PVP AA's are much harder to obtain than PVE (killing the interest in the game for newcomers)

I can bet anything that if Funcom will sort these 7 issues there will be a huge comeback of old players + a bit of spot on marketing will boost the numbers of newcomers and we will be with healthy numbers in AoC for greater competition.
    Untill that is done this game will be in this ongoing melancholical state and no matter what content is brought up the community will still be unhappy.

NO PEOPLE-NO FUN.
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

Lightbulb Different view on the PvE/PvP conundrum

For me(!) the way out of the PvE/PvP-server problem would be PvE/PvP-CHARACTERS.

Now you have to decide if you want to play you toon on a PvP enabled/disabled server.
    With PvE/PvP-toons you would have to make the same decision, but it wouldn't affect which server you play on.
    All current PvP zone's would still be PvP enabled for PvP toons.
    My PvE toon would not be attackable and i would not be able to attack other toons.
    And changing state would be similar to character transfer, FunCom would still make money off that.

In my mind this means: Move all characters to "Fury", all characters from Crom will have their PvP-flag set to NO.
    I am afraid we would lose the Blood and Gore instances. (a.k.a. Rage).

But i am afraid this won't happen ... the initial expense would be to high I guess.
    It would have been nice to finally be playing in (on) Hyboria

(For those wondering why I as a PvE-player care: Maybe we gain a few raiders KUMBAYAH )
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Yes there is... It is a massively important feature that the biggest server with the most population has zero idea about. It's not "just" another PVP zone, it is the place to be for PVPers that day. It is our Khemi, and it needs to be talked about for those who have no idea what it was (cough cough a few people in this thread). So yes, there was a point to it being said... Glad it took a page and a half to prove that simple point.
    I understand how important this feature is for you guys, nevertheless it is just a part of the pvp server. Just like Khemi is a part of all servers.

Hence the "no need to mention", it will be there anyway if there is a server merge. That's all I'm saying

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    I understand how important this feature is for you guys, nevertheless it is just a part of the pvp server. Just like Khemi is a part of all servers.

Hence the "no need to mention", it will be there anyway if there is a server merge. That's all I'm saying
    No worries, It's important to be clear when conveying messages. Which is why I included every part in my plan for the server merge. Just because you think it is not important to mention, there are many people from crom that don't know about the daily pvp zone. They may get confused into thinking it would force that whole zone to pvp instead of being able to select which is literally what happened in page one...
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    which is literally what happened in page one...
    Not really. The aim of my message was to make you understand that mentioning it could lead to confusion. But explaining the obvious was never my strong point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    Not really. The aim of my message was to make you understand that mentioning it could lead to confusion. But explaining the obvious was never my strong point.
    Clearly I, and several others disagree. Again it is extremely important to be clear and precise when starting a plan. Again the majority of Crom guys have no idea what the daily PVP zone is.

Is having "flaggable" pvp just not an option at this stage in the game?

Think they have it in Rift & countless others, If I feel like some open world pvp I just flick the switch an hey presto im good to go & bump into any other like minded individuals.
    With a nice little cooldown involved for any cowardly custards it works wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyxx View Post
    Is having "flaggable" pvp just not an option at this stage in the game?

Think they have it in Rift & countless others, If I feel like some open world pvp I just flick the switch an hey presto im good to go & bump into any other like minded individuals.
    With a nice little cooldown involved for any cowardly custards it works wonders.
    Take a look at Vehl's post in page 1. I think he articulates better than anyone else has been able to that the flagging system is not the right way to do it. It is a lazy way out when there is another simple solution that will work better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast