Thread: Where is the RP now?

Default Where is the RP now?

I used to RP heavily a few years back. I was on Wiccana last time I RPed, so it was a while ago. RP was everywhere back then; I remember the weekly RP events that were hosted in Tesso and the Sailor's Den. I was just curious if anyone could shed light on what the current state of RP is, on Crom?

Is there still RP in at least the SHI? What about RP guilds (or at least guilds with a serious group of RPers)?

Further, would there be any interest in a RP gathering (provided there aren't already some)?

Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyja View Post
    I used to RP heavily a few years back. I was on Wiccana last time I RPed, so it was a while ago. RP was everywhere back then; I remember the weekly RP events that were hosted in Tesso and the Sailor's Den. I was just curious if anyone could shed light on what the current state of RP is, on Crom?

Is there still RP in at least the SHI? What about RP guilds (or at least guilds with a serious group of RPers)?

Further, would there be any interest in a RP gathering (provided there aren't already some)?

If you want some random pick-up RP, the place to go to is SHI. You can often (but not always) find some RP there. No guarantees given as to the quality of said RP.
    There are some RP guilds around, but I am not sure which ones are actually active.

In short, there is RP happening on Crom, but not nearly as much or as often as one could hope for.

There are currently no recurring RP events happening that I know of. Having one could be fun, but it might be difficult to find a good time for any such though - people tend to be spread out over many different timezones.

SHI is now and always really has been the hub. best place to start looking.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    SHI is now and always really has been the hub. best place to start looking.
    Yep, best chances are to start there. Don't expect much to happen before EU evening times, then the US take over. Besides this it can very empty.
    Oh, and don't be to shy to speak with people and make the first step! Often I see single persons coming in, sitting alone on a table and leaving again. If you say hello you hopefully will be invited to join the table.
    Set for president! Why vote for the lesser evil?

Red face Occasional RP - But what's SHI?

Never been huge into RP - other than some in character stuff - or playing the character as he is or would be - but I've had some fun times at various points with friends who were more into it than me. The thing is - while I might be interested in stopping over to say hi and see how things are, I have no idea where or even what SHI is - and I expect there are a lot of very new players who also have no clue as to what it is.

So - please let those of us who are in the dark know what SHI is.

Thanks
    I'll show you roads overgrown and paved with promises long since forgotten, but what you take away will be as much about you as it is me. https://hjbuell.com/about-me/

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    I have no idea where or even what SHI is - and I expect there are a lot of very new players who also have no clue as to what it is.

So - please let those of us who are in the dark know what SHI is.
    Serpents Head Inn - located in Khemi
    Set for president! Why vote for the lesser evil?

There does seem to be a bit of RP going on there, I was there yesterday and only one "G.I.R.L" tried picking my character up. Everyone else was pretty nice, willing to just talk and interact.

Is there any particular day or time that is best to look for open RP in the SHI?