Thread: The Origin of Species

Default The Origin of Species

The Origin of Species is the last quest that I’m missing in Dragon’s Spine (yes DS, not Celestial Necropolis). I talked to every NPC, did all other quests, including those repeatable ones, but still I’m missing The Origin of Species.

Me and my friends asked about it in global but got no useful info. We even petitioned it. One GM said that it may be bugged, while the other said that he doesn’t have any idea if it works correctly.

Did you guys complete it? Who gave you the quest and do you know if it's even obtainable?

Thanks for the info
    ::: HoX :::

Quote Originally Posted by Tjaza View Post
    The Origin of Species is the last quest that I’m missing in Dragon’s Spine (yes DS, not Celestial Necropolis). I talked to every NPC, did all other quests, including those repeatable ones, but still I’m missing The Origin of Species.

Me and my friends asked about it in global but got no useful info. We even petitioned it. One GM said that it may be bugged, while the other said that he doesn’t have any idea if it works correctly.

Did you guys complete it? Who gave you the quest and do you know if it's even obtainable?

Thanks for the info
    I have been trying to complete this as well, but no luck. I suspect it might be that quest you can pick up from Alanza which isn't obtainable atm. You can speak to her about what to do now that you let Yig into this world and the conversation goes on for a bit but then it ends abruptly and you don't get a quest in your journal.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 11th February 2015 at 18:15.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Funcom

Unfortunately this achievement was intended to be set to invisible status, because as you have eluded too, it is not yet obtainable.
    The intended quest should have been the Snakes that Walk, this change should be part of the next data update and at that point will be redeemable through the Chronicler of Deeds if you have already completed it.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Unfortunately this achievement was intended to be set to invisible status, because as you have eluded too, it is not yet obtainable.
    The intended quest should have been the Snakes that Walk, this change should be part of the next data update and at that point will be redeemable through the Chronicler of Deeds if you have already completed it.
    Thank you for looking into that. Many of us probably scoured the zone because we all though we completed the story line back when DS was released.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Ty for clarifying Well that brings me to the question about "Avatar of Yig" Achievement. I did Sepulcher of the Wyrm and Coils of the Ubhah Khan a few days ago, and I noticed that by doing these instances (Full clear including The unknown boss) I have killed all but one serpent man boss needed for this Achievement.

Well, there are only serpent men in Dragon's spine, so I can't really think of any other boss that I need to kill. Unless this achivement is tied to the "Bane of the serpent men" achievement since that is about killing those new rare bosses in the Spine.

Or maybe this boss is not in the game yet? Like Yig himself? *cough*

Ps. And what's up with the spawning of the rare Dragon spine bosses? I have so far killed 3 but I have only seen 1 of them appear again. But if I go to Ymir's pass I can go kill the same rare boss again and again by killing a placeholder mob that respawns in no more than 5 mins. So I kill it until the rare boss appears. That never took me more than 3 kills each day I tried.
    Last edited by AngryBarb; 11th February 2015 at 18:48.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."