Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Old player Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Setcake View Post
    So how is this game?

Completely dead?

Completely dead. The PvP servers combined have <100 80's. Crom has probably 500-1000. The Funcom financial report also states the numbers are declining which = less development. Content is pretty much developed at a snails pace, and whenever there is a content patch (which is usually every 6+ months) there's a huge number of bugs that take forever to fix. Some bugs (renown system, minigame bug, lootbox bug, invis horse, fatality bug) the dev team are unable to fix because they don't know how.
    Last edited by massively1; 10th February 2015 at 00:57.

u say completely dead but there is a reason behind that, when t3 craft/t4 were ultimate gear pve grinder dominated pvp, russian guilds on fury and later on free city when they stole tactics from crom server but the point is pve to pvp was always the moto in aoc driving away pure pvpers. add to that queue exploiting and farming, radar and comber..
    there is still no equivalent to 90 crit rate t3 craft for a dt than t3 craft, or 200 prot 2 handed 150 base dps sword from elrik on conq. most these guid left fury when pvp gear was reformed because their prime interest is raiding.

So how is this game?

Completely dead?

Are there only US servers now?

Throw some tips about the game guys

Kind regards
    You're playing from Greece ,right?
    If so , your lattency will be 130-180 , closer to 130 if you enable fast-path .
    rest questions have been nicely covered
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

So how is this game?

Completely dead?

Are there only US servers now?

Throw some tips about the game guys

Kind regards
    Fury for pvp, crom for pve, rage for solo playing.
    playing with 1he ranged class in pvp is completely horrible IMO, landing combos on speed buffed barbarians is the worst case, u mostly need to stand still with dt / sin, let barb start combo then run at it and use it while he is doing it thats how i do
    The Law

there is something to know about world pvp. if u are new on fury and start ganking elder players on reroll toons, high chance they go mental and relog high lvl or call a friend, of course u can laugh at lvl 80 running on lvl 20 place 2mn after u got a kill but if ure not an elder player u'll quickly get all the egocentric ppl on you. rage is much more conservative in the ganking but is the failed concept of pve raiding voting on the rules while hardcore pvpers wanted full loot, no instance and only blue gear, go figure but no one wanted to grind kithai again.

Simple answer: Yes.

The game is very much empty. Even the forums are down to a few posts per day. The PvP servers are completely barren, despite what the people playing on those servers might say. A population of <100 for an mmorpg is dead. It's not even up for debate. It's a fact.

Crom is the last refuge of the remaining playerbase.

I still find the game quite enthralling. But, I don't PvP. In my opinion, players should help, not fight, each other.

Anyway, I'm still enjoying myself and, as long as that keeps up, I'll keep playing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12