Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PvP Ring VS T1 PvP set?

Default PvP Ring VS T1 PvP set?

I got 3600 Funcom points to spend. My main focus in the game is PvP, with a bit of PvE on the side.

I see two options:

50% PvP xp ring (which I assume will last me until PvP 10)
    Full T1 PvP set (I just hit level 80, so this would really help me not get destroyed in Minigames)

I am on Crom if it matters

Suggestions?
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    I got 3600 Funcom points to spend. My main focus in the game is PvP, with a bit of PvE on the side.

I see two options:

50% PvP xp ring (which I assume will last me until PvP 10)
    Full T1 PvP set (I just hit level 80, so this would really help me not get destroyed in Minigames)

I am on Crom if it matters

Suggestions?
    depends if you would consider participating in the pvp festival. spending 10min afk in a fields group each day would give you a whole lot of pvp xp each day. considering that it seems there's some cooperation to complete the event on crom with the alt farming action, this would definately be the fastest way to lvl up. if you consult the crom way of doing the event on the crom forum, those guys are completing multiple quests in the 10min span of the event. you get something along the lines of 1.8k base pvp xp for winning fields. 5.9k worth of skulls for single fields quests. at least 3k of skulls from kill quests. then multiply that by 50% pvp xp from ring, 25% from event, 10% from bk, then add pvp xp from food, candies or eilxirs u may get a hand of (a 4h 50% pvp xp elixir will last you the duration of the festival if all u do is turtle fields). add pvp xp from pvp kills, bounty and delivery quests and everyday u get more than 25k pvp xp and a hoard of badges. completing the daily fields quests lead to even more rewarding weekly quests. within a week (with less then 2h played) we are talking around 200k pvp xp, and plenty of campaign badges to start meddling with t2. you will also have alot more AA then if you would have grabbed t1 set from shop to play 5 or so minis.

what do you seek to accomplish in pvp or with pvp? Do yo want to be pvp 10 and premade? do u just like random pugs and perhaps record a mini ever so often? both would work, my bet is that the ring will get you to pvp 10 faster but with fewer campaign badges.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    depends if you would consider participating in the pvp festival. spending 10min afk in a fields group each day would give you a whole lot of pvp xp each day. considering that it seems there's some cooperation to complete the event on crom with the alt farming action, this would definately be the fastest way to lvl up. if you consult the crom way of doing the event on the crom forum, those guys are completing multiple quests in the 10min span of the event. you get something along the lines of 1.8k base pvp xp for winning fields. 5.9k worth of skulls for single fields quests. at least 3k of skulls from kill quests. then multiply that by 50% pvp xp from ring, 25% from event, 10% from bk, then add pvp xp from food, candies or eilxirs u may get a hand of (a 4h 50% pvp xp elixir will last you the duration of the festival if all u do is turtle fields). add pvp xp from pvp kills, bounty and delivery quests and everyday u get more than 25k pvp xp and a hoard of badges. completing the daily fields quests lead to even more rewarding weekly quests. within a week (with less then 2h played) we are talking around 200k pvp xp, and plenty of campaign badges to start meddling with t2. you will also have alot more AA then if you would have grabbed t1 set from shop to play 5 or so minis.

what do you seek to accomplish in pvp or with pvp? Do yo want to be pvp 10 and premade? do u just like random pugs and perhaps record a mini ever so often? both would work, my bet is that the ring will get you to pvp 10 faster but with fewer campaign badges.
    I have never done the PvP events before, so I never knew they could be so rewarding...Do you have a link you could share that would explain how the event works in great detail?

Normally I just stick to minigames to level my PvP level. However, it is extremely frustrating to be constantly "farmed" in minigames due to a lack of gear.

Question: If I buy the ring, and only do Minigames, how long would PvP 5 take? 10% from BK + 50% from the ring is 60% extra XP. Approximately how many days would it take for PvP 5 if I average 4-6 hours a day on Age of Conan?

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

The ring is not worth it, as PVP experience can be gained quite fast. You also can buy in-game boosters in Bori.
    The PVP set can be replaced by PVE set at first, so it is not worth the money either. Getting killed is a natural phase that even occurs at the maximum PVP level, so do not feel down. Even with gear it will happen, as skills matters much more than gear.
    As a HoX, I have put on Nemedial Cursecaller pieces mixed with T1 gear and PVP accessories as a fresh 80. AAs are not required if you do not own RotGS; but if you do, Ethereal Escape and Red Shadows of Xotli help much. As a weapon, pick up the Iron Tower HM, Snowaxe, or the Amphitheater NM sword.

If you do not own Turan or Rise of the Godslayer, you can buy them.
    You can also buy Might of Crom for Loyal Kappa.

The best option will be spending it on additional specializations (for 3-6 characters) or a character slot.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 30th January 2015 at 06:43.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Personally, I'd go for the ring

With the time mentioned you spend doing minis you can grab the T1-set in a matter of weeks, whereas the ring will last you all the way to rank 10
    The T1 set will lessen your amounts of death (but a new-80 will probably still get farmed due to lack of AA. Much depends on how well you know your class and its capabilities) and your teammates will probably appreciate you having decent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    I-am-jealous-of-Crom-population-and-want-you-to-come to-Fury-where-I-can-farm-you.
    Fixed that for you
    Khemi. Picture Hell on the cheap then add more whores

Go for 50% PvP exp ring.
    I bought that ring on my sin with the offer of last year when my Assassin was PvP 3 or 4, and in 1 year I was able to make it PvP 10.

Stats are pretty good aswell on that ring.

Indeed PvP T1 set would be more useful until you get PvP 4. Without that set if you haven't good PvE gear you will suffer at level 1-3, but that should pass fast anyway.

PvP exp ring is overpriced beeing only 1 item, but at least will last to PvP 10.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I got the XP ring with the subscription offer too and at least for me, it's the best item ever.

You get the T1 PvP set soon enough anyway, even more so with the ring. You reach lvl 4 lightning fast.

And when you reach later levels, you'll be very glad to have a permanent XP boost, since at some point, you advance in PvP at a glacial pace.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Thanks for the responses guys. I also have to factor in that the ring also grants AA xp, which can also be very nice.

Basically I am torn between an easy first 4-5 PvP levels, or an investment for the future high PvP levels. I think I am leaning towards the Ring, but the armor really tempts me...

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoro View Post
    Thanks for the responses guys. I also have to factor in that the ring also grants AA xp, which can also be very nice.

Basically I am torn between an easy first 4-5 PvP levels, or an investment for the future high PvP levels. I think I am leaning towards the Ring, but the armor really tempts me...
    You would benefit of PvP T1 set only up to PvP level 3, cause anyway at PvP 4 you can buy full set with gold, so for a very short time.

Also what kind of PvE gear you have at the moment?
    Consider that you can buy the PvP T1 accessories from start, which are equivalent to PvP T3 ones (just a bit less variety).
    PvP T1 neck and cape will grant you a decent amount of survivability to start with.
    If you have a decent PvE set already don't really buy the T1 set with money, it would be wasted.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Ring will save you alot of fc points and gold in the future because of pots.
    Boyscout bearshaman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast