Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PvP Rotations

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Had to write that post in a hurry before work, but it touches upon the major tactics I use atleast.

Using Cobra Stare in the start is a smart move too (hopefully taking away Deliverance for the next 2 minutes) It's very powerful to get off a full duration Cobra Stare later in the fight. Constriction is a very good AA too, and should prove totally potent, but I unfortunately haven't maxxed it yet cause Im a Coils-fanboy.

After tos Rousing Shock buff, toses have more of an easy time vs. bears, cause the stun, and even forward doubletap from bear can become a non-factor.

and it may seem like I don't try bunnyhop/kite at all, I definately do. You have to. It's just I emphasize a more aggressive style over evasive. It's surprise burst and crits that will give you a win. You can't get that with constant bunnyhopping, that's my point.
    I barely touched upon the post, but you need to chase the bs. You can't let him run away and regen. That's when you loose!

There is nothing more rewarding than killing a good bs in a duel. So have fun with it!

EDITED some stuff into previous post near the end of it
    Thanks lurvi! I see some things i wasnt doing correct. I do debuff, but was never very strict on using elemental fury after debuffs/call lightning. Always using after it comes off cd. Might help. Also i might have to tweak my spec, wasnt using instant ls.

As for sc, hardly use it and i find this a very expensive feat. Whats your opinion here?

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Thanks lurvi! I see some things i wasnt doing correct. I do debuff, but was never very strict on using elemental fury after debuffs/call lightning. Always using after it comes off cd. Might help. Also i might have to tweak my spec, wasnt using instant ls.

As for sc, hardly use it and i find this a very expensive feat. Whats your opinion here?
    Elemental Torment is -250 Fire, Electric, and Cold Protection per stack for 30 seconds. Fully stacked is -1250 Fire, Electric and Cold Protection. Torments stack up to 5 when applied again, increasing the benefit linearly with each stack. After reaching 5 stacks, each additional application of the debuff will refresh the duration. Again all 3 of them can be on at the same time. However unlike Invulnerability, Mitigation does not go below zero.

cut/paste from http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ge-for-Dummies
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Elemental Torment is -250 Fire, Electric, and Cold Protection per stack for 30 seconds. Fully stacked is -1250 Fire, Electric and Cold Protection. Torments stack up to 5 when applied again, increasing the benefit linearly with each stack. After reaching 5 stacks, each additional application of the debuff will refresh the duration. Again all 3 of them can be on at the same time. However unlike Invulnerability, Mitigation does not go below zero.

cut/paste from http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...ge-for-Dummies
    Thanks Raist, but is it worth all the feat points? (5 points i believe)

Idol of Set is too situational, and another 0.5 sec cast you will need to place with consideration.

My philosophy, you're better off spending the time and consideration on something else. It's too taxing.

Therefore, I dont use Idol of Set in PvP anymore except for a siege defense build. And 6 points Storm Crown become natural. It's more useful than Idol surely.

Not to say Idol of Set can't be great! There is a great counterargument in those moments it really pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Idol of Set is too situational, and another 0.5 sec cast you will need to place with consideration.

My philosophy, you're better off spending the time and consideration on something else. It's too taxing.

Therefore, I dont use Idol of Set in PvP anymore except for a siege defense build. And 6 points Storm Crown become natural. It's more useful than Idol surely.

Not to say Idol of Set can't be great! There is a great counterargument in those moments it really pays off.
    Ill give it a try. Thnx

Huge thanks to you guys that have provided feedback and, more importantly, inspiration to rebuild my spec and try a few things. I'm now happily running a non-LS build for both PvP and PvE, and loving it. I have a pretty decent rotation down that allowed me to do some really nice debuffing, heals, and DPS when fighting mobs lately (including the world boss), and I've been much more useful and more able to survive in PvP.

Thanks, guys....REALLY appreciated!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123