Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crom PvP Festival video

The main problem is not sufficient motivation to participate in an event. For example, if you can get T4 gear in here, then the zone is always crowded. I think that in this case, at prime time would be 2 raids, but at night would be always 2-3 groups. Thus, it would not be possible alt farming.
    Last edited by Ernests; 29th January 2015 at 12:13.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    The main problem is not sufficient motivation to participate in an event. For example, if you can get T4 gear in here, then the zone is always crowded. I think that in this case, at prime time would be 2 raids, but at night would be always 2-3 groups. Thus, it would not be possible alt farming.
    For "real" pvprs (and i use that term extremely loosely) the motivation is the fighting, not the objective. But a lot of people want the quickest path to success and its easier to come to terms with just agreeing not to fight and exchange kills and wins.

Aside from un****ing the gullah thing FC could make it so that rewards are only granted if the group is a) only a six-man nonraid group and b) if there is another group in zone.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Unutterable View Post
    For "real" pvprs (and i use that term extremely loosely) the motivation is the fighting, not the objective. But a lot of people want the quickest path to success and its easier to come to terms with just agreeing not to fight and exchange kills and wins.

Aside from un****ing the gullah thing FC could make it so that rewards are only granted if the group is a) only a six-man nonraid group and b) if there is another group in zone.
    you obviously havent participated in any event yet

this is how rewards are attributed:

--fields: gotta be in the 6man team with most points, if you are not part of the 6 man but part of the raid, you dont get rewards and instead become 'red' no matter what. if you are part of winning team and do nothing u get all the rewards.

--team arena: anyone wearing the winning coloured cape completes the arena quest. only the top scorer per archetype gets the victory token and 25% pvp xp for 1 hour buff. every 6 man team must be signed separately. if 3 separate raids sign up before event starts, all capes will go in line with the raids; otherwise if raids sign up after event starts or theres more than 3 raids, capes will be essentially random regardless of raid.

so anyways, long story short, 6 ppl get all rewards in fields, 4 in arena group, 1 in solo and 1 in gullah.

now you wouldnt know that because FC does an awful job at informing its players of the new content, which is incredibly functional. few will bother boring themselves out reading the FAQ in the PvP forums thread, within which some information is missing on the events anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    you obviously havent participated in any event yet

this is how rewards are attributed:

--fields: gotta be in the 6man team with most points, if you are not part of the 6 man but part of the raid, you dont get rewards and instead become 'red' no matter what. if you are part of winning team and do nothing u get all the rewards.

--team arena: anyone wearing the winning coloured cape completes the arena quest. only the top scorer per archetype gets the victory token and 25% pvp xp for 1 hour buff. every 6 man team must be signed separately. if 3 separate raids sign up before event starts, all capes will go in line with the raids; otherwise if raids sign up after event starts or theres more than 3 raids, capes will be essentially random regardless of raid.

so anyways, long story short, 6 ppl get all rewards in fields, 4 in arena group, 1 in solo and 1 in gullah.

now you wouldnt know that because FC does an awful job at informing its players of the new content, which is incredibly functional. few will bother boring themselves out reading the FAQ in the PvP forums thread, within which some information is missing on the events anyway.
    I have been in the event. What I have seen is half raids of one or two guilds trading event wins where one group that doesn't win defending the other, or else having a couple alts grouped in raid so they can run, cap flag, get killed, get rezzed by someone in other group, rinse and repeat. Same deal for group and solo arena, 8-9 players trading kills but working together to push anyone else out.

And gullah is just buggy as hell. Half the time when im chosen everyone is blue to me so I cant hit them but i am red to them so all I can do is kite.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    Are you saying the XP, AA, tokens and gold aren't motivating enough? The rewards are ridiculously good actually, they make pvp 10 accessible to a normal person within a reasonable time frame. The core of the issue* is that people have become accustomed to "solo pvp" so when you throw at them group content that requires forming a group (and communicating and working together etc.) they don't take any initiatives and just sit there. Since the situation has gotten really bad in Crom's case a number of people have jumped on the opportunity to simply abuse the system so they form those "farm groups" and enjoy easy and fast pvp xp/tokens (WAY better than bori), unchallenged.

I used to think the pvp festival would be better on Crom than Fury because there are more guilds, and more people used to grouping up (if only for pve...) but eh I was totally wrong about that one. Although I heard the first weeks were pretty good on Crom the pvp died out real quick. On Fury it actually got better lately (it was solid the first months then became a bit quiet and then picked up again) and the farming is very limited and some people even dedicate their time to hunting/shaming those farmers anyway (at any time of the day or night). Same as bori farmers for that matter.

*the lack of reward for simply participating (i.e. not just for winning) is also pretty demoralizing for some (casual pvpers, new players etc) and that is definitely something Funcom should address.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

It is no secret that the majority of the AoC players are veterans who already have at least one 10.PvP character. Why should they participate in the event?
    For PvE veterans is T5, but what is intended for the PvP veterans? There is little new players in the game, that is also why the popularity of PvP event is low.
    Last edited by Ernests; 30th January 2015 at 11:46.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

well about motivation ...

I felt good enough with "Tempgarden has won the Arena of Death [solo] " global announcement . This gave me the strenght to stay online for 18h per day for the first event period ,.. got me rly hooked .

Ranking system with social rewards would keep me there for longer . BUT , for any active and passionate player , motivation should be there , both for Events and MINI-wins followup quest they added.

If these two were available when aoc was younger , Fury would be in better shape atm

Edit to add : As mentioned before , AoC players are longtime now used in solopvp , in which they excell at making enemies . Now that u need friends also to be competitive , this gets hard for all the missanthropic loners that participate.
    Last edited by Audrey-; 30th January 2015 at 14:33.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

There is only one hope

When we see a merge of some kind, all PvPers must be strong and put some effort into making the PvP more active and fun.

Like assemble the players they can, and make good fights, instead of all being loners spamming some minis here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    There is only one hope

When we see a merge of some kind, all PvPers must be strong and put some effort into making the PvP more active and fun.

Like assemble the players they can, and make good fights, instead of all being loners spamming some minis here and there.
    There should be a reason to be in guild and in team for that. Why should anyone look for a good guild or for a strong team since all pvp action is soloable or PUGable? Most ppl have no time and no fun to organise something in-game and be a volunteer pvp officers. For pve there is DKP system and speculations around it to have better gear thats why someone becomes an organiser. But not for pvp - even for festival i can just + in global to have team and if i dont like team i can leave it and + for their opponents.
    Last edited by Jerohn; 30th January 2015 at 15:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    There is only one hope

+ 1.000.000
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast