Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brute Conq PVP

Depending on your build, khitai ranked BA or (if you have the +45% dmg boost from t2 feat), use the highest non khitai ranked one. Feint 9 and 10, hofs 5 and 6 (the latter preferably on cced ppl or while having momentum buff up), breach 4, overwhelm... depends. The non khitai one is a tad more forgiving on the cooldown if you miss. GoDS 1 if you're carnage, gods 3 or 4 if you're brute - be careful with this if you're going to focus barbs/sins, since it will trigger their goddamn AM/LO. Lastly; BB 5, 6/7. Five has 2 quite slow presteps, but still is aoe, while 6 and 7 hit a tad harder and have that one extra prestep (although the presteps here aren't important, but the bleed is). As for combo rotation, a good start is debuffing/gettin gods up, while simply putting in hofs as fillers or to stun.
    Build wise go for brute with a strong defense on general side, then start tweaking for a clearer offense when you start getting t2 pvp gear. Hell, you can even go carnage and reap in some kills once you get 5/5 breakthrough For starters BfC, though, since it also has insane uses in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by sempthegreat View Post
    Thanks for all the answers. Just to sum up some of the things I've learned (correct me if I'm wrong)

Combos:
    HAFS: at least 2-3 highest ranks (should I use the 3 steps?)
    GODS: Highest rank (keep buff up)
    FA: Highest rank? (always keep the debuff up)
    Batter Aside
    Bloodbath (highest 2 stepper)

Strats:
    Cunning deflection against casters
    Seperate the two bubbles saving OTO for last
    Double taps
    Healing discipline and fire banner.

Few questions
    "If possible, manage your furious inspiration stacks to have enough for the self heal" I don't know how furious inspiration work and which ability is the self heal?
    Do I stay defensive stance at all times only going frenzy when I'm going to land a big hitter without getting caught?
    Weapon switching - Should I do this, and if so, when and for which combos just BB?

- Thanks.
    Weapon switching is very important, it allows you if you're brute to get one more cc, the fear, one more heavy debuff with breach, and one heavy hitting dot with bloodbath. That's 3 important tools right there.

About furious inspiration. The more you hit people, or people in your group get hit, the more it stacks, up to 10. When you pop a banner or a formation, the more stacks you have, the more powerful the buffs are. For some of those buffs, it does not scale very well, but for others, it does scale a lot.
    For the self heal, if you wait to have 10 stacks of furious inspiration and you trigger the formation, you'll get an initial heal of 1400 HP i think, and the self heal will keep ticking for around 150 hp/sec, during 20 seconds maybe.
    I don't have the precise figures in mind, but that heal is just completely OP and counts toward your overall survival in a decisive fashion.

About combos, i for one would never use a 3 steps combo in PvP, 2 steps maximum.
    Use several ranks of feint attack, not just the highest one.
    HoFS, you don't need several ranks of this, since if you're brute you can have 0 sec cooldown on the combo, so just pick the highest 2 steps one.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

FI stacks when YOU get hit or hit someone else, with an initial 6second cooldown between every stack. The seperate stacks will be you hitting with main weapon, with offhand, you getting hit. I'd actualy advise against obsessing with stacking these unless you really have the luxury; the best you can do is start off as fast as possible with debuffing ppl all around you in a fight, making it easier for your teammates to wreck your foes

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Weapon switching is very important, it allows you if you're brute to get one more cc, the fear, one more heavy debuff with breach, and one heavy hitting dot with bloodbath. That's 3 important tools right there.

About furious inspiration. The more you hit people, or people in your group get hit, the more it stacks, up to 10. When you pop a banner or a formation, the more stacks you have, the more powerful the buffs are. For some of those buffs, it does not scale very well, but for others, it does scale a lot.
    For the self heal, if you wait to have 10 stacks of furious inspiration and you trigger the formation, you'll get an initial heal of 1400 HP i think, and the self heal will keep ticking for around 150 hp/sec, during 20 seconds maybe.
    I don't have the precise figures in mind, but that heal is just completely OP and counts toward your overall survival in a decisive fashion.

About combos, i for one would never use a 3 steps combo in PvP, 2 steps maximum.
    Use several ranks of feint attack, not just the highest one.
    HoFS, you don't need several ranks of this, since if you're brute you can have 0 sec cooldown on the combo, so just pick the highest 2 steps one.

Seems reasonable. Why should I use multiple ranks of FA? Isn't HoFS/GoDS/Bloodbath better for the dps?

About combos, it depends.

Some players will tell you that HoFS is totally worthless and you should never use it unless everything else is on cd. But i feel a bit different, i like HoFS because 'i'm a carrier and most of the time, i'm rooted or blocked in the middle of everyone and GoDS still allows me to hit and debuff stuff around.

Nevertheless, feint attack, if you use 3 ranks of it, allows you to hit hard, because it hits harder than HoFS, but it also applies an additionnal debuff, which is a big plus.
    As a rule, when in mini, everything closer than 5 metters from you should always have as many debuffs from you as possible.

As for GoDS, it's a good source of damage, but it's the dot from it that is a good source of damage, not really the base combo itself, so you should not spam it, but just use it when the buff from it runs ou.
    And bloodbath has a cooldown so you can't just spam it 24/7, you just use it as soon as it's off cooldown.

Don't underestimate breach either, it looks like nothing but that super quick combo can crit super hard.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

I just want to say there are some awesome and helpful posts here, Cheers guys
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

http://aocfeats.com/feat/conq/1160c3...1f346205c61f94

My hybrid. Works well, i usually go without stance and still do alot of damage aswell as taking alot of hits. Be light on your feet in this specc!
    Boyscout bearshaman

Some players will tell you that HoFS is totally worthless and you should never use it unless everything else is on cd. But i feel a bit different, i like HoFS because 'i'm a carrier and most of the time, i'm rooted or blocked in the middle of everyone and GoDS still allows me to hit and debuff stuff around.
    I may have overdone the "HoFs is trash" point a bit too much. As Mellaus says, it is perfect for aoe debuffing.

One more use of it is since you have to spec Blessed Blade for Brute, it can provide a tiny heal for you. It is tiny, but cycling HoFS will keep it running on you.

Without wanting to belabor the point I would say HoFS is ideal as midgame or endgame on your rotation, and my problem with it is that I see some conks running spamming it and nothing else and that just doesn't help anybody.
    I don't make points I make dents.

The vivification self heal with battlefield commander slotted is 10% of your max hp upon activation once and 1% of your total hp ever second with consuming 10stacks of Furious Inspiration.
    Means the more hp you have, the higher the healing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12