Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brute Conq PVP

Default Brute Conq PVP

Hi there.

I've played since the release of the game and had multiple breaks. The last one went from about May 2013 to late December 2014. Being back feels awesome, and I feel it was a great decision. Now, I have a few characters that I enjoy playing. So far I've been maining my Hox and I tend to do lots of pvp which I find very enjoyable. However, I have an old Conq which is pvp level 4 that I would like to get back into playing. I do feel that it is hard to get the right build, and use the right combos and the guides here on the forum is very outdated. I haven't really played it since the revamp either, so there's a lot of learning going into this project. So therefor, I would like to ask you, my fellow conqs. What is a great brute pvp build? Which combos should I definitely have on my hotbars? Which rotation should I go for? Which buffs should I have running? And when and which cooldowns should I be using?
    I hope you can help me with this.

Sempthegreat

Check that thread http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...cussion-Builds.

There's a discussion about PvP builds and combos. I believe it should answer most of your questions.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Check that thread http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...cussion-Builds.

There's a discussion about PvP builds and combos. I believe it should answer most of your questions.
    Aye, indeed. If I were fluent in Conqspeak. Which I am not . I was hoping for a more streamlined answer like the ones in the hox guide. Pretty much answers everything in detail.

Well, one guy posted that build : http://is.gd/x7BMr5

I don't use something similar but it seems ok.

As for the combos, i have on my hotbar the 3 highest ranks of feint attack, bloodbath 6 i think (the highest rank one with 2 pre-steps), the highets rank of breach, guard of dancing steel 3, throat slash, hail of furious strike with 2 pre-steps (filler and also ok when you're rooted, your opponent is behind you, and you can't do anything else) and overwhelm (fear).

If you start PvP on conq, i would advise going brute specc, just because it'll allow you to survive. Carnage is much better, completely OP and a killing machice, but starting with that in blue gear would be ambitious.

Remember to land your hits hits, they are very important because they also debuff, they do hit hard, you can stagger opponents with them and they allow to deal full damage from your combos.
    Don't run around in frenzy, you only switch to it if you're certain you're not gonna get caught. Nowadays, even a brute conq maxed out and fully geared will burn down in seconds if caught in frenzy.

Use the healing discipline and the fire banner. If possible, manage your furious inspiration stacks to have enough for the self heal, which is very powerful and does stack up very well.

Remember that you have tons of CCs and debuffs, use them a lot to help your teammates, you'll lack firepower at the beginning, so you'll mostly contribute on those areas until you get more gear, AA and experience.

Have 2 PvP builds, 1 brute very tankish when you feel the opposition is tough (or has several casters / heavy nukers), and one carnage one when you feel your team has the advantage and you might not need all the survival tools brute offers.

Learn to pick your target, don't stick to a guard trying to down him, it's a waste a time, the way to down a soldier is first to kill his team, then when the soldier is alone, focus fire will down him.
    If you see a necro/demo nuking from a distance and no one is going for him, you can, even if you don't kill him you can turn down his firepower on your team, which is already huge.
    Same applies to ranger, don't let those rats kill your healer and casters freely. If no one goes for him, do it.

Of course, if you're carrying the skull, it's different, you have to adjust, depending of your team and the opposition. There are a lot to know about that, but the one thing i would advise is to avoid taking the flag to your rez pad and just try to defend it there.
    That for three reasons.

First, it's lame.
    Second, if you're being pushed that much, your team is most likely being farmed badly, which means you'll lose on kills no matter what, thus setting for yourself and your teammates a 15 minutes farm fest is an unnecessary self punishment. Preserve yourself, don't do it. Push the opposition and if you lose, you lose, but at least do it properly.
    Third, PvP is about challenging, so you'll have more action and fun by pushing agaisnt your opponent.

That's all i can thing about right now.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

I forgot about the combos, add batter aside of course ^^
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus

That looks like my defensive build. I bounce between that and something slightly more aggressive.

Some points to add:

Always always always keep the GoDS buff up. For brutes it's a huge source of damage.

In similar vein, always keep your FA buff up. Between those and a fully feated GoDs you'll get a lot of hard-hitting procs.

The CD on the bubbles is different. It isn't a bad idea to open with a Blessed Conquest (or pop it when you get to about 90%) if the other team is heavy on melee, saving Overcome the Odds for later. If they've a lot of casters it might be better to save it for around 60%.

Don't be afraid to break contact if a) you are at 50% and have no bubbles available or b) you have stacks and stacks of debuffs on you and no cc immunities. Run off, break LOS, rest and come right back.

Respect the double taps. Back if you are pursued by melee, side if bothered by casters, and I try to open an engagement with a forward tap for the chance to stun. Since I almost always have a flag on my back I lag a little behind my teammates so I have the luxury of time. If are are facing a class with a kb a preemptive double tap in any direction will cut your down time in half. So if you see a demo running towards and expect a Detonate or a barb or sin is winding up presteps on his way to you, keep this in mind.

Try to save your Cunning Deflection for when a mage or priest is targeting you with a long cast, like a HoX with Tongue of Xotli.

As mellaus said, picking targets is key. Maybe you can win that 1v1 with a guard or dt or other conk, but it will take a long time and it becomes a gamble on which of one you gets support first. You can't count on the other team not backing up their heavy, however common that is. Casters and rangers are good to push, to keep them from burning your friends down, but don't expect to solo one since all pure ranged classes have loads of escape mechanisms. Push them, let them run off then get back to your group. Your primary prey "should" be nonheavy melee but it is all situational.

Keep an eye on the debuffs above your name. Even at full health you will go down fast if you've got multiple stacks of wreck armor/crush armor/wracks/ruins/torments on you.

Use Burst of Aggression sparingly. If you do, you can't bubble for 10-15 seconds after.

All of the above should be taken with the consideration that I am a flagbotting baddie.
    I don't make points I make dents.

For more aggressive game you can go brute based hybrid, like that:
    http://goo.gl/YTHq0p
    You have charges + antiroot for mobility and rend flesh + some carnage buffs for dps. HoFS is main dps combo but you sohuld switch your weapons all the time to gain buff on breach and snare on BH.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerohn View Post
    For more aggressive game you can go brute based hybrid, like that:
    http://goo.gl/YTHq0p
    You have charges + antiroot for mobility and rend flesh + some carnage buffs for dps. HoFS is main dps combo but you sohuld switch your weapons all the time to gain buff on breach and snare on BH.
    That build will be super squishy for a fresh 80 with no gear. Just sayin'

Second, couple things about that build:

FI stacks really fast on its own. Fierce Inspirations doesn't really do much useful.

The first point in Defiance heals around 500, the next four points combined don't even give that much. I would put those two points in Rend and Tear.

And as far as HoFS goes, I have it fully feated in AAs and when it is fully feated in a build, even then it is lackluster. Using it as main dps combo is going to be even more disappointing for a new player.

With that build I would still start with Gods for at least the retributive effects, then FA 7, then cycle Bloodbath, FA 8, FA 9, and then Hofs only as needed.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Thanks for all the answers. Just to sum up some of the things I've learned (correct me if I'm wrong)

Combos:

HAFS: at least 2-3 highest ranks (should I use the 3 steps?)

GODS: Highest rank (keep buff up)

FA: Highest rank? (always keep the debuff up)

Batter Aside

Bloodbath (highest 2 stepper)

Strats:

Cunning deflection against casters

Seperate the two bubbles saving OTO for last

Double taps

Healing discipline and fire banner.

Few questions

"If possible, manage your furious inspiration stacks to have enough for the self heal" I don't know how furious inspiration work and which ability is the self heal?

Do I stay defensive stance at all times only going frenzy when I'm going to land a big hitter without getting caught?

Weapon switching - Should I do this, and if so, when and for which combos just BB?

- Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast