Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: Game Director Letter December/January

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    I think they are weighing whether it'll be easier to merge the servers and let players choose between pvp-enabled and -disabled areas over implementing one-server-tech.
    Whichever one is done easier with less hassle might be implemented somewhen.
    Has anyone from Funcom, not just wishful players, ever mentioned this "pvp and pve instances" server merge option?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Has anyone from Funcom, not just wishful players, ever mentioned this "pvp and pve instances" server merge option?
    I think i remember them saying it wont happen. Somewhere on TL, not 100% tho.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Every major class change/revamp has been about balancing pvp, most of the time these balances have not made any pve or pvp players happy. I really don't know that it can be balanced because revamp after revamp funcom has tried and the screams of x class is op nerf em is being shouted.. funcom may have had some time for pvp content creation if they didn't have to spend all their time on class revamps. Its a game, learn to play within the limitations of each class. My opinion on rage transfers is still the same, let em transfer with 100 gold and no t3 crafted items.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    Every major class change/revamp has been about balancing pvp, most of the time these balances have not made any pve or pvp players happy. I really don't know that it can be balanced because revamp after revamp funcom has tried and the screams of x class is op nerf em is being shouted.. funcom may have had some time for pvp content creation if they didn't have to spend all their time on class revamps. Its a game, learn to play within the limitations of each class. My opinion on rage transfers is still the same, let em transfer with 100 gold and no t3 crafted items.
    Actually not hard to balance. They already have different combat system formulas for pvp and pve. They have different GUI stats too. They just need to introduce stats on gear that will ONLY work in pve.

ahhhh yessss. what about the last phase (3) of the ONE-SERVER-TECH?! is it stolen by a monkey? ...really if i would do my work like that..haha merch the servers to one, make the big 3 (chosain, purple lotus, ce) pvp zones, all others maybe too (choiceable) and we have a good populated game. or give us servercross-promised minigames, instances and raids! sidenote: i know it will not happen cause then we would have fun and the game would much more enjoyable. irony. maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Actually not hard to balance. They already have different combat system formulas for pvp and pve. They have different GUI stats too. They just need to introduce stats on gear that will ONLY work in pve.
    You mean the old Heroic stats that only applied to pve? The stats Sirloin got rid of because he had no idea how to balance pve and pvp progression?

I'd love to see those again
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Filter3 View Post
    ahhhh yessss. what about the last phase (3) of the ONE-SERVER-TECH?! is it stolen by a monkey? ...really if i would do my work like that..haha merch the servers to one, make the big 3 (chosain, purple lotus, ce) pvp zones, all others maybe too (choiceable) and we have a good populated game. or give us servercross-promised minigames, instances and raids! sidenote: i know it will not happen cause then we would have fun and the game would much more enjoyable. irony. maybe.
    Yes, the last mergence is a promised step, and it might be on the priority list for Funcom.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They cant make pve only stats but they can give minus pvp armor/prot to pve gear which would help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    They cant make pve only stats but they can give minus pvp armor/prot to pve gear which would help a lot
    You realize they have made PVE only stats in the past right?
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    They CAN make pve only stats, they were in the game at launch. According to Sirloin WAAAAAAAAAY back when, the current system has them still, where each raid/dungeon boss or mob checks against a threshold of gear on whoever they are hitting. They old system was called Heroic Defense and worked in the same way only the stats were openly listed on each item. To avoid having a power creep between pve and pvp again happen again, this stat could be added in addition to minor budget increases to primary stats, hit crit and crit damage, the same way critigation was introduced. The difference between critigation and Heroic Defense though is that critigation is viable and necessary for pvp, whereas HD has zero net effect in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    You realize they have made PVE only stats in the past right?
    Jinx.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast