Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Discuss: Game Director Letter December/January

It's not a pve stat. The raid bosses simply check how much mitigation you have, and if don't have enough you get more damage. That's all: no hidden stats, no "pve" stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    You realize they have made PVE only stats in the past right?
    You realize it's something Cirith told me once I asked him? Making PvE stats would be too much work now, but - PvP stats could work cause exclusive PvP stats are already in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    You realize it's something Cirith told me once I asked him? Making PvE stats would be too much work now, but - PvP stats could work cause exclusive PvP stats are already in game.
    Another suggestion someone made was to debuff the "non pvp" stats in pvp. So, no need to change stats and the item database, just a change in formulas for pvp combat stat calculation.

And again, since it was ignored:

What about a tad more info and open discussion about the crafting revamp?

At the very least i expect a few months upfront some clarification what rumors, leaked info and official info is still valid and true for 2015 (since even the official infos were contradiction, dependant on WHO asked, who was asked and when they were given/asked).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd January 2015 at 15:41.

so when are the portents returning? we got any news on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    Steel yourselves for the immense amount of QQ that's gonna come when the craft revamp isn't released by summer.

Also seems like Slithering Chaos + Palace of Cetriss updates are long way off, but with most guilds T5 progression being so slow, I guess that isn't really a big problem (guess we'll see how things stand by February). Personally, I wouldn't mind 2 modes for T6, normal and hard -hard mode requiring T4/T5 geared characters and having complicated fights, and the other having bosses so castrated that they're at the T3 skill-level and only requiring Khitai gear, being doable by guilds that can't clear T4 and be semi-puggable.
    So let me get this right, you feel that there should be a watered down version of T6, for guilds who lack the skill to clear T4 ( which is 3 yr old content already).. and T5?

s'matterwith you?

Quote Originally Posted by tyrusaran View Post
    so when are the portents returning? we got any news on that?
    The portents always pop on the first Tuesday of the month.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by caveowl View Post
    So let me get this right, you feel that there should be a watered down version of T6, for guilds who lack the skill to clear T4 ( which is 3 yr old content already).. and T5?

s'matterwith you?
    What's the matter with you? Do you think T5, which has been cleared by a grand total of 4 guilds after nearly 4 months, is especially worthwhile content for aoc? Do you think it brought many people back, or drew new players to the game? Even with the small population, only a small percentage is going to see Kylliki go down anytime soon, just like only a small percentage ever killed the Bat or the Lurker.

Adding a new, even harder raid tier is idiocy if there isn't a watered-down version for the masses who aren't in a guild that can progress through content like T5. This isn't 2004 where you can design the majority of your content for people who raid 9 hours a week or more - most aoc veterans have grown older and more casual than they were when they started, and there simply isn't much new blood to replace them.

usually when a new tier raid gets released the old ones get nerfed, so release a new hard t6 for the progress guys and nerf t4 to be doable by the masses

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    usually when a new tier raid gets released the old ones get nerfed, so release a new hard t6 for the progress guys and nerf t4 to be doable by the masses
    Also it is good design to offer the players a choice in setting the difficulty. Especially when the progress is linked to a story. For the hardcore difficulty fetishists you can make random instances or side-quest instances.

Even back in 2009 i hated that you played 90% of the time solo and the group quests were an optional addon and then at 80 the game turned into a raidgrind. And till cins posted the khitai dungeon pve walkthroughs you had no idea what the "new" content or t2+ raids were even about (not speaking of a bunch of unfinishable quests in the questlogs).

Might not be a bad idea to offer some low level raids even or systematize the instancing, so you can choose upon entering the difficulty and reward levels. They CAN do scaling loot (just look at forgotten city amulets and rings), so this looks like a good way to solve a lot of the balancing issues in pve.

I find it a huge waste of time to spend so much resource into a crafting revamp, what is FUNCOM thinking?
    A massive crafting update that most players could care less about, when they could be adding content all could use.

What a clueless waste.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast