Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tos vs dt mana drain

Quote Originally Posted by Barrefaeli View Post
    couple of pointers against DT's.
    the combo that drains mana is mystical bane, but it's nothing compared to SEAL OF YOG buff - when it's up it will drain you almost instantly if u hit him with spells.
    the way seal of yog works is that every spell dmg hitting the DT while he is has covenant of invulnerability up adds an arcane seal stack on him, at that point he can use seal of yog which will consume all his arcane seals, at that point every spell hitting the dt will drain mana from the caster, the power of the drain depends on how many arcane seals he consumed when used seal of yog. the way to cope with it is to stop using storm field when you see his arcane seals are closing to 9-10 (max is 10 stacks - almost insta drain from one spell), and just kite around until his seal of yog buff is over.
    IMO, your best weapon against DT is actually coils of the serpent. if u manage to drain all his mana he cant use seal of yog and will take much more dmg since he'll lose his soul barrier.
    remember to watch the DT's buffs, if he isnt running covenant of invulnerability he cant insta drain u and his protection is much lower.
    Clarification:
    - every spell damaging the DT does not add another Arcane Seal or Seal of Yog - there's a cool down of around 1 second
    - after Seal of Yog is cast, DT starts stacking Seals of Yog and starts with 0 - you won't notice it much in the beginning since with no stacks (base) it is 270 mana, but with 10 stacks (max) it drains 1620 mana (+500%)
    So it takes around 20 seconds of continuous bombardment (DoTs doesn't count) to fully charge a DT. And then SoY lasts for 5 more seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Like I already said, realistically the DT would easily eat more Static Blood damage.
    While your posts are always very instructive, and while I agree that DT is probably one of the easier classes to handle on ToS, there are still a number of conditions to performing the trick you mention:

* The ToS cannot be low on health prior to engagement (as in all likelihood, the ToS will take more damage from Dooming Presence than the DT will from Static Blood);
    * The ToS must have Static Blood off CD;
    * The ToS must have either Deliverance or Staggering Voice (used close to the end of the cast) off CD to counter the fear;
    * The ToS should be able to follow up with Fangs, Quicksand or Cobra Stare, so at least one of them must be off CD as well.

After doing all of this, (i) SB, (ii) either Deliverance or SV, and (iii) either Fangs or a CC will all be on CD. If you are talking about duels, this might not be so much of a problem. But being focused by a DT in a mini (also a sort of 1v1 situation) is a very different thing.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Potsr is really powerful tool for survival when you know you can't negate the Dooming Presence (in general aswell ofc). Without procs or crit on the physical combo, DTs damage isn't scary at all.

If you have Aura and SF up at this point, while feared you'll pulse more damage to DT than he can do to you. (Wrath of the Serpent is a great feat for the same reason as Static Blood, makes potsr both aggressive and defensive. Doing this to the spell used at crucial moments is simply amazing)
    3 second window may seem small, but it's can be the differencemaker, allowing you to survive and push out another CC and instants, like Elemental Fury + instant LS if you're lucky enough to have them off CD again.

Not saying a DT on your ass all game is easy by any means, it's rather annoying. If he has lucky crits you can die in an instant, and you'll be sad, but... usually the ToS has so many tools against the DT, I find it more of rare thing.

One more trick I didn't mention, while Static Blood is up:

bigheal can be used "aggressively" giving you more life and allowing him to hit you easily with the long castingtime. You'll be so low on HP he can't resist going for the kill, but bigheal + fast CC and all of a sudden the DT is dead instead. I've had so many clutch 1v1 wins the tactic.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 8th January 2015 at 22:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Potsr is really powerful tool for survival when you know you can't negate the Dooming Presence (in general aswell ofc). Without procs or crit on the physical combo, DTs damage isn't scary at all.

If you have Aura and SF up at this point, while feared you'll pulse more damage to DT than he can do to you. (Wrath of the Serpent is a great feat for the same reason as Static Blood, makes potsr both aggressive and defensive. Doing this to the spell used at crucial moments is simply amazing)
    3 second window may seem small, but it's can be the differencemaker, allowing you to survive and push out another CC and instants, like Elemental Fury + instant LS if you're lucky enough to have them off CD again.

Not saying a DT on your ass all game is easy by any means, it's rather annoying. If he has lucky crits you can die in an instant, and you'll be sad, but... usually the ToS has so many tools against the DT, I find it more of rare thing.

One more trick I didn't mention, while Static Blood is up:

bigheal can be used "aggressively" giving you more life and allowing him to hit you easily with the long castingtime. You'll be so low on HP he can't resist going for the kill, but bigheal + fast CC and all of a sudden the DT is dead instead. I've had so many clutch 1v1 wins the tactic.
    Thx lurvi, just one more question. If pots is up. Does static blood Proc against spells that are resisted?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    After doing all of this, (i) SB, (ii) either Deliverance or SV, and (iii) either Fangs or a CC will all be on CD. If you are talking about duels, this might not be so much of a problem. But being focused by a DT in a mini (also a sort of 1v1 situation) is a very different thing.
    I think Rathothis said it best ^. What will happen in minis is the DT will run away, grab a blue heal and be back in within 30 seconds and be on the TOS again with the TOS CD's down. Duels are a completely different story obviously.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    What will happen in minis is the DT will run away, grab a blue heal and be back in within 30 seconds and be on the TOS again with the TOS CD's down.
    not only DTs do that...

Always this Lurvi shaman that tells everyone about tos greatness. Duell a DT is very hard they just running away from you and come back. And if you give it a go someone else nuke you from distance.

Quote Originally Posted by poke101 View Post
    Always this Lurvi shaman that tells everyone about tos greatness.
    And he can because he knows how to play it well Edit by Anzu: That part is not needed.
    Last edited by Anzu; 20th January 2015 at 13:41.

I use Faith in Set vs DT
    not a spell i use alot in PVP since i hardy have mana issues, but its very handy vs DT thats drain mana you have Mana back to 100% in no time just make sure hes out of cc's
    Last edited by ziggy-stardust; 24th January 2016 at 21:16.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345