Thread: Premium -> F2P character slots

Question Premium -> F2P character slots

Hello, my sub will end on early january, and then i will be f2p for like 2 months before resubing again, and i've seen people saying that they have 3 character slots unlocked rather than the normal 2 when they turn f2p. is there any reason for this? something i buy from the item shop to get 3 character slots? or any other thing i need to have on my account? thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Victarionh View Post
    Hello, my sub will end on early january, and then i will be f2p for like 2 months before resubing again, and i've seen people saying that they have 3 character slots unlocked rather than the normal 2 when they turn f2p. is there any reason for this? something i buy from the item shop to get 3 character slots? or any other thing i need to have on my account? thanks in advance.
    Hello,

Each think each account can have up to 18 character slots. 2 of these are granted on f2p, 8 on Premium. The difference is 8-2 = 6 slots that you Loose. Now if you had 11 char slots on your account on Premium and go f2p, you would have 11-6 = 5 slots to unlock on f2p. Thats how it Works. You gain extra slots on your account either through itemshop, maybe accountpage (didn't check) or sometimes through subscription offers, eg. if a sub offer comes with a free level 50 character, then you usually get a slot with it. Many people got more than the initial 8 slots, and this is why they have more to unlock if they go f2p.

There is currently special sub offers that will last till the 2nd of january with nice discounts, so perhaps consider that (You get more month than you pay for). Be aware though that Funcom has a bad habbit of not removing normal subscription offers during special ones, so you have to look carefully for the offer that states it last till the 2nd of January. You'll find it on your account page, click Special Offers at look for it. The Christmas special offer has some choices of subscription length, the longer the better a deal you get.

If you go for the 12 month, getting 16 month for 100 euro you end up with a monthly payment of something like 6 euro. On top of that you can choose a full set of pve or pvp gear for a character of your choice. I would by far choose the pvp set. First of all, the pve gear you get is tier 1 raid gear, which is kinda outdated now, while the pvp tier 1 set recently was brought up to date stats wise. Second, the pve raid gear you'll easily gain from World bosses in the comming weeks and months.

Merry Christmas, hope it helped!

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    Hello,

Each think each account can have up to 18 character slots. 2 of these are granted on f2p, 8 on Premium. The difference is 8-2 = 6 slots that you Loose. Now if you had 11 char slots on your account on Premium and go f2p, you would have 11-6 = 5 slots to unlock on f2p. Thats how it Works. You gain extra slots on your account either through itemshop, maybe accountpage (didn't check) or sometimes through subscription offers, eg. if a sub offer comes with a free level 50 character, then you usually get a slot with it. Many people got more than the initial 8 slots, and this is why they have more to unlock if they go f2p.

There is currently special sub offers that will last till the 2nd of january with nice discounts, so perhaps consider that (You get more month than you pay for). Be aware though that Funcom has a bad habbit of not removing normal subscription offers during special ones, so you have to look carefully for the offer that states it last till the 2nd of January. You'll find it on your account page, click Special Offers at look for it. The Christmas special offer has some choices of subscription length, the longer the better a deal you get.

If you go for the 12 month, getting 16 month for 100 euro you end up with a monthly payment of something like 6 euro. On top of that you can choose a full set of pve or pvp gear for a character of your choice. I would by far choose the pvp set. First of all, the pve gear you get is tier 1 raid gear, which is kinda outdated now, while the pvp tier 1 set recently was brought up to date stats wise. Second, the pve raid gear you'll easily gain from World bosses in the comming weeks and months.

Merry Christmas, hope it helped!
    thanks a lot!