Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RotGS f2p open zones if you please!

Default RotGS f2p open zones if you please!

AoC is one of my favorite MMO and though i played the game on and off since 2009, i'am not a veteran player of AoC. In fact, my top character is a lvl 55 (or something) ToS.

Anyway, i would like to buy the 80 lvl instant option to roll a new character and play RotGS (which i already own) lvl 80 playfields... but, cuz i am a on and off player, i know to access these playfields, though i own RotGS, i have to sub the game. Not nice Funcom... and a bit cheating newcomers who think they can play those playfields freely.

So what i ask, simply and in order for Funcom to be coherent with this policy, is to open those RotGS 80 lvl playfields to f2p players who own RotGS. And to be true, when a bought RotGS i sought i would have access to those playfields once i reached lvl 80 as f2p player.

Quote Originally Posted by radamanthuz View Post
    AoC is one of my favorite MMO and though i played the game on and off since 2009, i'am not a veteran player of AoC. In fact, my top character is a lvl 55 (or something) ToS.

Anyway, i would like to buy the 80 lvl instant option to roll a new character and play RotGS (which i already own) lvl 80 playfields... but, cuz i am a on and off player, i know to access these playfields, though i own RotGS, i have to sub the game. Not nice Funcom... and a bit cheating newcomers who think they can play those playfields freely.

So what i ask, simply and in order for Funcom to be coherent with this policy, is to open those RotGS 80 lvl playfields to f2p players who own RotGS. And to be true, when a bought RotGS i sought i would have access to those playfields once i reached lvl 80 as f2p player.
    One big problem with your suggestion is that it would remove a major incentive for players to subscribe, and therefore most likely lose a large number of subscribers.
    Fewer subscribers => less income => less money to pay developers with => even less new content.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    Fewer subscribers => less income => less money to pay developers with => even less new content.
    If so, what is your explanation then for The Secret World business model? It's a buy to play game, with buy to play expansions (issues), and i bet it has a larger player pool then AoC, myself included.

TSW, like many f2p mmo's out there, get's it's revenue by player purchases in in-game store. I heard even Elder Scrolls Online is going to follow this early in 2015 (WoW is the exception that confirms the rule). I totally support and indulge in this. And i wished AoC had the same volume of content TSW has (and maybe voiced quest's and more "live" npc's). I would playing the former instead the latter...
    Last edited by radamanthuz; 17th December 2014 at 16:55.

If so, what is your explanation then for The Secret World business model? It's a buy to play game, with buy to play expansions (issues), and i bet it has a larger player pool then AoC, myself included.

TSW, like many f2p mmo's out there, get's it's revenue by player purchases in in-game store. I heard even Elder Scrolls Online is going to follow this early in 2015 (WoW is the exception that confirms the rule). I totally support and indulge in this. And i wished AoC had the same volume of content TSW has (and maybe voiced quest's and more "live" npc's). I would playing the former instead the latter...
    Just to clarify some stuff.. TSW is NOT F2P. It's B2P - buy to play. It's two different models. In TSW you buy an account in AoC you create a free account. That's the difference. I would like to see that too but sadly I dont think that will happen ever in aoc. In my eyes it wouldnt work as in tsw. In TSW you buy issues which usually are just some extra quests, I dont see how that would work in aoc unless you put a pay wall for each dungeon - which doesnt exist in tsw.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Just to clarify some stuff.. TSW is NOT F2P. It's B2P - buy to play. It's two different models. In TSW you buy an account in AoC you create a free account. That's the difference. I would like to see that too but sadly I dont think that will happen ever in aoc. In my eyes it wouldnt work as in tsw. In TSW you buy issues which usually are just some extra quests, I dont see how that would work in aoc unless you put a pay wall for each dungeon - which doesnt exist in tsw.
    You're right about TSW be a B2P, but its' basically a three month sub plan (i bought on a steam sale for much less though)! It's major revenue comes from the in-game store, and "issues"! AoC could benefit of these as well cuz of the gap between lvl 40-50 until 80. Lots of grinding and repeating (not my thing).

If Funcom wants to follow TSW model i don't mind of making a one time purchase regardless of sub already payed (i confess i only subed AoC some 7 to 8 times since 2009, then it was only f2p).

But keep in mind that the only thing i ask is to unlock the zones of an expansion i already bought, regardless i'am a f2p or subed player (non-sub players would be a better term by the way because i spend money in the game through the in game store so i'am not seeking anything free. For me work is to be rewarded/payed no matter what).
    Otherwise, what's the point (for those like me at least) of buying the lvl 80 instant option, if to play the lvl 80 content i have to be a sub?

Forget it already peeps,this is getting old..but well..here it goes,discussing stuff like this and other stuff in AoC is like "being in a friendzone and still have hope to get out of it and marry the girl" haha

Note: Is important to refer though,that i never understood why we can acess Turan stuff as f2p and not RotGS stuff...when we own both packs.(now read line above again )

cheers
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 17th December 2014 at 22:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Note: Is important to refer though,that i never understood why we can acess Turan stuff as f2p and not RotGS stuff...when we own both packs.(now read line above again )

cheers
    It's very simple. If we compare aoc to tsw here we can say that rise of the God slayer is the "game" and turan can be seen as an "issue". You can't compare a small scale zone with two solo dungeons, three raid bosses and one 6man dungeon with a fully fledged expansion. That said I find it odd dragon spine is for premium only instead of one fee only like an issue in tsw or rather how turan is.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    (...) discussing stuff like this and other stuff in AoC is like "being in a friendzone and still have hope to get out of it and marry the girl"
    Are you trying to say that f2p players want access to everything (or most) without paying for it? Because it's definitively not the case. I bought the expansion and the only thing i get from it is the khitai race and gateway to khitai playfield. Nothing more.
    I'am not going to suggest nothing to funcom here because is just idiotic one to think an mmo developer isn't aware of market tendencies and models far more then the players are. In fact, for me, TSW and SWTOR have the best business models in MMO universe, so they know what they are doing.
    But i do ask them this! As a f2p player, if a buy the lvl 80 instant option what do i do with it after?

Are you trying to say that f2p players want access to everything (or most) without paying for it? Because it's definitively not the case. I bought the expansion and the only thing i get from it is the khitai race and gateway to khitai playfield. Nothing more.
    I'am not going to suggest nothing to funcom here because is just idiotic one to think an mmo developer isn't aware of market tendencies and models far more then the players are. In fact, for me, TSW and SWTOR have the best business models in MMO universe, so they know what they are doing.
    But i do ask them this! As a f2p player, if a buy the lvl 80 instant option what do i do with it after?
    It does seem at least misleading, at most dishonest, to sell RotGS without a big red sign warning you that it's only playable with a subscription.

Regarding why Turan is accessible when f2p and not RotGS? Well any game that is f2p is not a free game but a free trial or demo. Endgame content always cost money. These games are made to make money not a nerd online hostel
    Check oot ma chess blog at www.chesshed.blogspot.co.uk

People leave at lvl 10-70 most of the time, and by removing the sub in rotgs would kill the game in a month
    Boyscout bearshaman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast