Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Quick Fixes for PvP

An easier solution would be for funcom just to ban the dude... Instead of fighting and trying to explain the rules about whether it's okay to say names on an online forums.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

There are players cheating for years, guild on crom consisting of cheaters mostly and you expect a legit player not breaking eula(afaik) to get what? banned? Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    So if someone pay subscription he can do anything he wants in game? Even if it means destroying time to others, time they also paid to play.
    Absolutely - who are you or anyone else, for that matter, to tell them how to use their game-time that they pay a sub for?

Quote Originally Posted by Hikkimori View Post
    There are players cheating for years, guild on crom consisting of cheaters mostly and you expect a legit player NOT breaking eula(afaik) to get what? banned? Get a grip.
    See ... he (or she) gets it.

No one tells those in the mini-games that they cant back out of that match and go to the next when they see this mysterious, unnamed, Guard. The game-mechanics allow for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    No one tells those in the mini-games that they cant back out of that match and go to the next when they see this mysterious, unnamed, Guard. The game-mechanics allow for it.
    Hold on, if it's not an exploit, shouldn't we be able to name him on the forums?

On topic, I'd be hoping for a decrease in XP and token costs of PvP T2 and T3 gear, plus a way to get conquest tokens in minis (e.g., make them gained automatically upon kill, instead of dropping in a box that goes to the person lazy enough to open it). Or, alternatively, a reduction in XP and token requirements of said gear.
    Last edited by Rathothis; 18th December 2014 at 06:56.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Hold on, if it's not an exploit, shouldn't we be able to name him on the forums?

On topic, I'd be hoping for a decrease in XP and token costs of PvP T2 and T3 gear, plus a way to get conquest tokens in minis (e.g., make them gained automatically upon kill, instead of dropping in a box that goes to the person lazy enough to open it). Or, alternatively, a reduction in XP and token requirements of said gear.
    The tokens should be awarded automatically to the killing player, hands down.

In the interim, i just tap my aoe loot whenever i take someone down as a reflex and move on.

As far as gear costs go, t2 is stupid expensive compared to t3. Bori tokens are so easy to get without ever hitting a single rock, it makes sense to go full t1, a few t2 pieces, then dive straight into t3.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Absolutely - who are you or anyone else, for that matter, to tell them how to use their game-time that they pay a sub for?
    I'll tell you how to use your game time,when you or your friend or whoever else destroying my PAYING time because of trolling and harrasing in order to upset me and the remaining PAYING customers because you or your friend are butthurt you need to get ban end of story.

Now just stop posting before you force me to get infractions points.
    IVORY TOWER

Quote Originally Posted by Hikkimori View Post
    There are players cheating for years, guild on crom consisting of cheaters mostly and you expect a legit player not breaking eula(afaik) to get what? banned? Get a grip.
    How can anyone defend the kind of behavior depicted in the original post ^^

There are not so many cheaters, barely a handful actually, but nowadays, everyone get called a cheater, even i get that from some cripples wannabe PvP'ers who are worse than a keyboard turner / clicker pure PvE'er, that's just ridiculous.

As for that guard who ruins every mini he's in on Fury, that's really sad that the guy has to display such a disfunctionnal mindset, but we as players can't do anything about his mental issues.
    I say mental issues, because i can't think of any viable reason why someone would spend hours every single day trying his best to ruin everyone's fun around him, that's just poisoning. He must suffer from some illness, or be retarded, but regular players shouldn't have to suffer it, it is none of anyone's concern.

So in this matter, a swift ban is in order, because that kind of issue is much more detrimental to the game community than a couple of cheaters here and there.

Unfortunately, we can count on Funcom to be just as lazy and indulgent on such matter as they usuallly are. So i believe the solution lies in the players hands.

By that i mean, find that sucker and farm him till eyes bleed. When he's in a mini, both team should stop everything, find where he's hiding and focus on farming him, and do only that. The team he is in will lose, but i believe watching that moron get farmed for 15 minutes is its own reward. And who knows, he might even leave the mini, and then both teams could actuallly start playing.

Now i don't know how Fury is outside of minis, but make sure everyone knows him, and just systematically excludes him from every single kind of activity, so he can't join any group nor raid, nothing at all.

Just have the community itself ban him.

It won't sort everything of course. If anything, the guy might become even worse, but that's still better than doing nothing at all and stop playing. When that kind of troll makes other players stop loging on, then it's kind of an issue, even more so for a server like Fury with low activity and small community.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

That's as false as it gets. With your logic I could book I flight and then expect that I could fly the plane myself, maybe to another destination even just to piss people off. But it's not as self explanatory as you'd easily think. Funcom's rules of conduct aren't super extensive, the written rules even state that "These rules are basic and not meant to be all inclusive. Rules are Subject to change". But there's still a few lines there which you could appeal to:

1. "You may not harass, cyber bully or threaten other players in any form while participating in any Funcom game or communication channel". Can the acts of this "unnamed" player be put in this category? "Afkbotting" games could be considered as a valid play style by funcom (as retard as it sounds), and as such not a bannable offence, but if you can prove that his activity is motivated by and occur as harassment/bullying, not progression, he breaks the rules and should be banned. Simple as that.

2. "You will not exploit any bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game for a character of their profession and level)" + "These rules are basic and not meant to be all inclusive". If his acts cannot be ruled as harassment, but as a way to progress, could the extensivity and overall nature of his behaviour be considered as an exploit?

In all games, rules on griefing are always a bit hazy, but it doesn't mean that you are allowed to do all and anything that's technically possible in them either. Games like EVE have quite a lot of unorthodox tactics that can be qualified as griefing, but still play a very important role in the game. That doesn't mean that you can't get banned for certain types of destructive behaviour. Go on a TK spree in CS and you'll get a hefty 25 day ban before you can finish even 1 game. Personally, if what I've read here turned out to be true I'd say such behaviour definitely warrants a ban, at least account wide minigame restriction. The divider being that the occurred griefing is continious and of malicious, destructive nature and harms other peoples enjoyment of the game WITHOUT THE POSSIBILITY for them to counter the behaviour in any way. (EDIT: Without the possibility to counter was just overturned by good ol' Mellaus here, but it still gives the idea how drastic measures are actually needed here)
    Last edited by Belawen; 18th December 2014 at 10:00.

Best fix for PvP : let me sign up in minis with one friend!
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    Best fix for PvP : let me sign up in minis with one friend!
    No! It would upset the casuals who, for some reason, don't feel like grouping up.

Suffer your pvp solitude with dignity. Grow strong with your suffering as it will pay off when solo pvp arena goes live.
    Retired

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast