Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Request for gold spammer chat filter

An easy solution would be for Funcom to give us the ability to ignore accounts.

This would allow us to ignore any toon existing or newly created on an entire account. This way the spammers would not be able to just login, spam, log out, delete the toon, login over and over again. Forcing use to ignore each and every toon, even toons they create with the same names.

And with this, the ability to may that effect every toon on our accounts as well, ie when I ignore a spammers account it cascades to all the toons on my account.

There is still the issue with the F2P accounts, they could easily just keep creating accounts. But if they are only limited to spamming NPH the channel would soon be turned off by all the subscribers that did not want to deal with the spam and the new players would get limited input to issues. But because of the limited number of people that would see their spam the returns would be dwindling.

Quote Originally Posted by HaremBunny View Post
    Not if you want new players to leave the game before they leave Tortage because "Global is DEAD!!!"
    Tortage global will be full of spam and not dead
    Not if you don't want people to have the option to contact guild officers so their new alt can join.
    Alts do not need global to contact guild officers.
    Not if you don't want new players to join your guild.
    Nobody needs new players under lvl 20.

Belch are you realy as dumb as you show here? Or are you just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Belch View Post
    Tortage global will be full of spam and not dead
    1 more reason for new players to leave. This game needs to atract new players.
    If they are f2p or p2p doesn't matter, f2p will probably spend more at the game-shop.

Alts do not need global to contact guild officers.
    Pay attention to Global for a change, preferably when there is no World Boss.
    Every evening on Crom I see several messages where people ask if there is an officer of guild xxxxxx online.

Nobody needs new players under lvl 20.
    You are forgetting that little toons CAN get big.
    If they want to join early then they must have the option.
    Some will just leave because they can't join a guild.

Cutting off players for too long from Global will truely be the death of this game.
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Belch are you realy as dumb as you show here? Or are you just trolling?
    1 more reason for new players to leave. This game needs to atract new players.
    HaremBunny are you realy as dumb as you show here? Or are you just protecting spamers? Are they your alts?
    Or do you really think that that the fu**in chat is the thing that attracts new players?

Pay attention to Global for a change, preferably when there is no World Boss.
    Every evening on Crom I see several messages where people ask if there is an officer of guild xxxxxx online.
    Leave Tortage ang ask whatever you want.

Some will just leave because they can't join a guild.
    If you are "no-brains&no-hands" and can't play solo without guild, there is no guild that needs you.

HaremBunny are you realy as dumb as you show here? Or are you just protecting spamers? Are they your alts?
    Or do you really think that that the fu**in chat is the thing that attracts new players?

Leave Tortage ang ask whatever you want.

If you are "no-brains&no-hands" and can't play solo without guild, there is no guild that needs you.
    Belch, you do realize that this game is a Massive Multyplayer Online Role Playing Game.
    One of the prime characteristics is the ability to communicate with other players.
    This is NOT a solo game.

And don't you accuse me of having any relations with goldsellers.
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Belch, you do realize that this game is a Massive Multyplayer Online Role Playing Game.
    One of the prime characteristics is the ability to communicate with other players.
    This is NOT a solo game.

And don't you accuse me of having any relations with goldsellers.
    Omg, of course it's a MMORPG. Nobody wants to restrict chat forewer.
    But: a small restriction such as two globals - for Tortage and for other instances seems to be a very little fee for spam eliminating.

And I believe you are not spamer

However blocking chat while in the Tortage Beach zone (starting/tutorial zone) could be an option I think.
    These first 5 lvls could be done by a chimpanzee! (Damn, who used that word always on global? Can't remember. Left no big impression then)
    Many times in NPH I see people asking questions from the Tortage Beach - most often it is about the key from the first quest. They have started this game with a friend and teamed upon the beach even though they are solo .... this has then lead to them not being able to get the key from the NPC - blocking chat from this zone will prevent them from seeking help. A brand new player will not know that there is a loot bug associated with the destiny quests if in a group. From my perspective, if I started a game and couldn't even complete the first quest to progress through and not be able to ask for help...I'd give up in frustration and uninstall the game - never to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post
    Many times in NPH I see people asking questions from the Tortage Beach - most often it is about the key from the first quest. They have started this game with a friend and teamed upon the beach even though they are solo .... this has then lead to them not being able to get the key from the NPC - blocking chat from this zone will prevent them from seeking help. A brand new player will not know that there is a loot bug associated with the destiny quests if in a group. From my perspective, if I started a game and couldn't even complete the first quest to progress through and not be able to ask for help...I'd give up in frustration and uninstall the game - never to return.
    Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware that this grouping bug caused problems on Tortage Beach.

But: We were discussing a limit on Global not NPH.

After thinking through your remarks I came to some "conclusions" for myself

1) Most new players start out as F2P, afaik f2p can't write in Global, just NPH.
    2) To stop Goldspam in NPH there is only 1 option: Petition the Goldspammer like I often do. GM's can't watch all channels 24/7
    (Don't bother with the smart ones that throw a 1 line "advert" at you and then disappear. The toon is probably deleted before your petition is sent)
    3) FunCom should look into the option of making Saddur's key group loot like the iron bags in TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Hmmm. True, but having some kind of barrier or tool to improve customer experience sounds like best practice to me. Any suggestions then?
    As I said here:

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    What I would do against goldsellers, if I would be Funcom:

I would enable a script which logs all transaction about money transfer on the server.
    Next I would create a BAIT-character and level to Tortage
    Then I would buy 100 Gold from a gold seller for my bait-toon
    Now I would check my toon from which character I got 100 gold and so I get an ACCOUNT name, because I am Funcom and I can look at the accounts
    I would check money on all toons of this account and watch all transactions FROM and TO this account for the next 2-3 days and the days already passed since starting my logging. I´m confident that I will find a network of other characters (and so: other accounts) who transfer money from one to another. Some of them will have thousands of gold.
    Last but not least I would ... NOT ban them - but reduce all coins to ZERO on all characters of all accounts which had a connection in the logs because they were buying gold or a dealers of the "big fishes".
    Let´s see who will complain.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Huh? No one needs anyone below 20?! Did you forget about minigames and epic instances?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234