Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Request for gold spammer chat filter

I think they should make it that as you increase in the number of people that ignore you, the less access to chats you have. If you are ignored by 100 or more people, obviously no one wants to here what you are saying so you would loose all global chat on your entire account. It would reduce goldspam and trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    -1 to that. New players seek epic groups sometimes for their areas. Example: if you new to Archeage, you will never kill elite bosses before level 15 or 20 (I cannot remember), because you do not have any chat or player search options.
    Bad argument. epic groups @ Tortage? hehe )

Quote Originally Posted by Belch View Post
    Bad argument. epic groups @ Tortage? hehe )
    On Crom. I am not sure about Fury and Rage.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    I think they should make it that as you increase in the number of people that ignore you, the less access to chats you have. If you are ignored by 100 or more people, obviously no one wants to here what you are saying so you would loose all global chat on your entire account. It would reduce goldspam and trolls.
    This would work for the trolls, but even the trolls are smart enough to just log on conan chat or create a new level one character. The gold spammers change name every 8 hours or so, ignore only works until their next xcxaszaz character logs on.

t

They have to add on the itemshop 100 golds for 3-5 E, that will fix the spam and give them some money

I agree, it is very irritating problem
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Goldspammers working as intended.
    Fïlters that block lines with £/$/€ in them is just too simple for FC.
    Instead of fixing stamina, they make new resource and waste months of development and make feats useless.
    So i really think nothing will happen. Nothing happened in 6 years and expecting a different result is foolish.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    I imagine a poor bloke trying to say: "600 Funcom points cost $5", or a crafter trying to sell his resources "Selling 100 [Gold] for 1 gold".
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Sorry, but Your idea is to naive: There a thousands of ways for replacing £/$/€ into words like "Dollars - DO L LARS - U SD - us.D" etc. that can´t be blocked.
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I imagine a poor bloke trying to say: "600 Funcom points cost $5", or a crafter trying to sell his resources "Selling 100 [Gold] for 1 gold".
    Fair criticism.
    I did lose my cool a bit in the previous post, but I do think putting up some barriers or some tool to efficiently curb the problem should be done.
    For example, a tool where people can flag spam - any spam - and if there are enough flags on a message and/or character then he is blocked from global. Also, linking flags raised to repetition of an identical message means that there does not need to be a hard number of flags required to block a spammer.
    This could be exploited where enough people can flag a poster on global and block him, but even trolls tend to have repetitive but not identical posts so the sub-paying trolls and their endless witty remarks are safe.
    By using people actively flagging the gold spam messages (I always used to place them onto my ignore list as soon as I saw them) you can reduce policing and rely on users and cumulative action as filters before an auto-ban is enforced and/or an admin notified.
    Further, putting up some kind of barrier will at least force them to get creative, such as spamming with PMs, but that requires at least a paying sub to send the PM. (I know this may be a far-fetched example, but if gold spammers get enough business to pay for a sub, FC benefits.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nexothep View Post
    Sorry, but Your idea is to naive: There a thousands of ways for replacing £/$/€ into words like "Dollars - DO L LARS - U SD - us.D" etc. that can´t be blocked.
    Hmmm. True, but having some kind of barrier or tool to improve customer experience sounds like best practice to me. Any suggestions then?
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast