Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Decap and Atg must not crit.
    Aess ~ Pom R10 / Rheizhyn ~ Hox R10 / Fraize ~ Barb R7 / Vilcyness ~ DT R3

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    About Decapitation, could be a way to rework it in additional CC, which would work in same way as Fangs of Set / Bewilder, that after Decapitation for few seconds target get increased miss chance debuff. I dislike an idea just split this abilties with ATG, since its still will be no skill no brain abilty.
    This! Just splitting them dont solve much. specially for those barbs that dont use atg but upheaval and decap, but even if you use both they are still very strong.
    Making decap into some debuf, buff combo would be nice. Maybe add 1 step and moderate dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    You realize funcom and every other game in this world balances by individual class? You can't balance team application. Also, I think you Crom guys forget that there is other things than just minis... Barb in duels and Open world is just LOL. Even before Decap+ATG barb is a great class to have after the PVP gear revamp, now they are just over the top with one-shotting capability, CC breaks, CC resists, 30% deflection, and 24/7 lightspeed. This is creating a once very fun class to be completely watered down by easy skill-less abilities, but maybe that is your thing. There is a reason a lot of the top Veterans want to see a change with ATG+Decap...
    Well if I understand and red correctly, You need to have alot of peoples or mobs around to gain that kind of dps. So 1vs1 should not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoide View Post
    Well if I understand and red correctly, You need to have alot of peoples or mobs around to gain that kind of dps. So 1vs1 should not be a problem.
    Minis are not 1v1, and even in 1v1 you can reach 160% extra weapon dmg and even higher if thirst stacks. But only haste+staggering which you can have once a minute is more than enough.
    In mini games you can easily have 6 enemies around you and 5 friendlies and thats huuuge boost.

Your Decapitation critically slashes Jabbastus for 5629. Your At the Gates hits Jabbastus for 3391 slashing damage
    Abary- Firepowah-Yakuzmo-Azhuka-Snapchat-Turbothor

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Come on ! Since when moving before the end of a combo is hard to do ? Not to mention how imbalanced it was. You could be great but happen to have chose the wrong sex for your character and end up completely gimped in comparaison. Combo skipping gave an illusion of skill because you had from start an advantage on 50% of the other player (mages and female toons... and don't argue female toons could CS too it's stretching the truth, you could but it was much more timing based and much less efficient).

The main interest with combo skipping was to avoid the 1/2 second root you had after each combo. That really was bothering PvP.
    And claiming pre 1.05 was super skillful is just nostalgia speaking. Aaah the good old days! It was always better before ! So much skill back then ! And you really just have to watch old vids to realise how slow players where back then in comparaison to know. I wish they would be a ToS vid on there aswell to show how running around two shotting peeps with AE was skillful. Or how heart seeker was pro. Or how preloaded in the air IB with wait of the world + Renewal and blood champion buff was enough to kill mages. In the first video Hiper's landing combos for sure... on opponents almost standing still. As a keyboard turner i was way better pre sprint revamp, regardless of combo skipping or not for the sole reason people didn't move as much nor as fast.

I'd accept saying combo skipping on a female toon was skillful, but on male toons ... never ! Combo jumping at least can be done by every class regardless of the sex.
    So true. Just an example that people shouldn't struggle to understand : bloody vengeance (back when it was OP) was very skippable on male guardians, not so on females. With such a strong ability (that oneshotted anything with less than heavy armour pretty much) I don't think I need to explain how much of a difference there was between male and female toons. Basically instead of 6k burst every 8s they had 6k every 4s. Bam. Skill, balance, there you go.

And even when gear didn't matter in 1.04 the game was riddled with bugs and balance issues, it always has been (MMOs always are, kinda). And yeah, whenever you watch old pvp videos it's shocking to see the awful movement of most players, it wasn't really "faster". Although I hate the stagger mechanic the sprint revamp has definitely made the game faster and made it possible to move more (which I greatly appreciate) as well as double tap as much as you want to.

One thing that really did slow down the pvp for us Euros was moving the servers to the US, but that's another matter entirely...
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by FirepowahQQ View Post
    Your Decapitation critically slashes Jabbastus for 5629. Your At the Gates hits Jabbastus for 3391 slashing damage
    Someone with nickname Jabbastus deserve to be oneshotted anyway

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    And even when gear didn't matter in 1.04 the game was riddled with bugs and balance issues, it always has been (MMOs always are, kinda). And yeah, whenever you watch old pvp videos it's shocking to see the awful movement of most players, it wasn't really "faster". Although I hate the stagger mechanic the sprint revamp has definitely made the game faster and made it possible to move more (which I greatly appreciate) as well as double tap as much as you want to.

One thing that really did slow down the pvp for us Euros was moving the servers to the US, but that's another matter entirely...
    I'd try another approach there. Back in the skipping era combat there were no endlessly long AA-combos that do ridiculous dmg in pvp (see Barb, BS, Guard ones), CCs were instant, therefore some combos (specially on hox) literally rooted you to the ground, which was cancelled out along with a third of the combo animation through skipping again...
    If you CC now, using an ability-based CC you are first and foremost inviting others to hit you for free, which is pretty much why assassins rarely do any CCs apart from kicks anymore(talking grouped situations here, 1vs1 the rest CAN still be viable), therefore the only combo-root would be the one of AA-combos.
    Now that skipping is gone and ccs take "forever" its the changed ratio of player dmg output increase vs. player hp/def increase, making some targets die just as fast as they did back in the skipping era even using lower comboranks. That and additionaly the energy revamp you already mentioned.

I disagree about how you state movement of the "golden age" of AoC pvp was worse, on the contrary, I fail to see a sin able to strafe like Cozzano or dance through combat like Raelis nowadays, but well, Ping can be a b*tch now i guess...
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    I'd try another approach there. Back in the skipping era combat there were no endlessly long AA-combos that do ridiculous dmg in pvp (see Barb, BS, Guard ones), CCs were instant, therefore some combos (specially on hox) literally rooted you to the ground, which was cancelled out along with a third of the combo animation through skipping again...
    If you CC now, using an ability-based CC you are first and foremost inviting others to hit you for free, which is pretty much why assassins rarely do any CCs apart from kicks anymore(talking grouped situations here, 1vs1 the rest CAN still be viable), therefore the only combo-root would be the one of AA-combos.
    Now that skipping is gone and ccs take "forever" its the changed ratio of player dmg output increase vs. player hp/def increase, making some targets die just as fast as they did back in the skipping era even using lower comboranks. That and additionaly the energy revamp you already mentioned.

I disagree about how you state movement of the "golden age" of AoC pvp was worse, on the contrary, I fail to see a sin able to strafe like Cozzano or dance through combat like Raelis nowadays, but well, Ping can be a b*tch now i guess...
    Don't make me say what I didn't say I am mostly against AA, gear etc and I did like combo-skipping but it was simply not balanced and very poorly implemented (because it was not intended and thus the devs never tried to build on it and polish it). I am not a fan of long combos that root you into the ground at all and I am not one asking for all instant CCs to be removed either, as long as it's not all there is I'm fine with it. And I'm not saying everyone was bad back there, of course there were great players, but there sure was a hell lot of noobs to stomp as well (because, number of players, simply, more goods and more bads too). But the game was never 100% skill based like some make it out to be, some things were better, undeniably, but some others were far worse as well. People are just way too black & white and abusing hyperboles, the usual internet thing.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Don't make me say what I didn't say I am mostly against AA, gear etc and I did like combo-skipping but it was simply not balanced and very poorly implemented (because it was not intended and thus the devs never tried to build on it and polish it). I am not a fan of long combos that root you into the ground at all and I am not one asking for all instant CCs to be removed either, as long as it's not all there is I'm fine with it. And I'm not saying everyone was bad back there, of course there were great players, but there sure was a hell lot of noobs to stomp as well (because, number of players, simply, more goods and more bads too). But the game was never 100% skill based like some make it out to be, some things were better, undeniably, but some others were far worse as well. People are just way too black & white and abusing hyperboles, the usual internet thing.
    Agree with you completely.
    I loved cs and hated when it was removed. To bad it wasnt fair to all classes but it was something fun and unique.
    Many things were bad in old days. gem stacking, tos 1 shoting, necro grip of death, bs preloading and 1 shoting....Fun part of it all was huge amount of world pvp. But lets get back to the topic here and try to find solution what can be done about barb.