Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Yep it is. Now they start defending atg. Lol. The feat which does the same damge, has no ressource costs at all, is completely instant, has over twice the ae then decap and then it is not the part of the problem. Yes of course.... Especially when the suggested fix doesnt even affect atg at all when decap isnt used. An internal cd on atg would completely solve the problem. Because decap alone doesnt one shot clothies. And hfb, bomb, olp and atg hits as hard. But those are okay for te. Why you should nerf decap and not atg is not understandable. The are both the same. Nerf both or make something so you can not use the together. But nerfing just one is just fail.
    Yes you are right, both need to be well lets not say nerfed but fixed. I was bit pi#$%d because solution was just nerf atg and not touch decap. Honestly both need to be looked at

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    Yep it is. Now they start defending atg. Lol. The feat which does the same damge, has no ressource costs at all, is completely instant, has over twice the ae then decap and then it is not the part of the problem. Yes of course.... Especially when the suggested fix doesnt even affect atg at all when decap isnt used. An internal cd on atg would completely solve the problem. Because decap alone doesnt one shot clothies. And hfb, bomb, olp and atg hits as hard. But those are okay for te. Why you should nerf decap and not atg is not understandable. The are both the same. Nerf both or make something so you can not use the together. But nerfing just one is just fail.
    Getting olp to do any dmg requires lot of work, not to mention u lose BFC then, barb loses nothing, yea stacks come bit slower, who cares, cant die anyway
    sin is the burst class, barb is not , its a joke when barb has now higher burst

thing is Usedtissue, that same thing happened now as happened with ranger revamp,
    ranger revamp came veteran ranger players quit, same with sin and now with barb, and veterans replaced by "wanna be pros" favor of month class players
    R.I.P Rakdos

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post

Perhaps this would explain why it is really only Crom players defending this no? Correct me if I'm wrong but Zatochi, Norther, MagnusLL, StaHoo, dagasamildanac, Sloubi, Sarolf, and nopitypeter all play mainly on Crom yes? It is very possible that they just haven't been exposed to a player that can use the combo effectively.
    dont know about others but I wouldnt be worried about Midian's (Norther) pvp experience, taking discussion to sandbox level is not going to help this thread. Personally havent seen him defending decap but he agreed with me that those decap+haste builds are waste of barbs pvp potential, if in doubt check it in high quality premade games. If you know what you are doing , I am not sure if you will really put points into decap, but agree it is very handy for newbies who dont have a clue about pvp.
    It is not about imba players from fury vs nubs from crom. I think main problem is that noone has really good idea how to make decap+atg worth getting and not too much nub style feat, unless revamping whole part of 2nd zerker tree/adding different animation etc.
    Last edited by Sarcopthes; 11th December 2014 at 20:39.
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

Not trying to make it a Fury vs. Crom thread, just too odd that almost all the advocates for fixing are from Fury and all those that don't understand what the problem with ATG+Decap are from Crom. That doesn't sound like a just a simple coincidence to me. For reasons I can't explain there's a ton of great barbs on Fury compared to the average skill level of people. I think its possible that those who don't understand the problem with Decap+ATG just haven't been exposed to someone who can make the best use of it.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 11th December 2014 at 21:34.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Not trying to make it a Fury vs. Crom thread, just too odd that almost all the advocates for fixing are from Fury and all those that don't understand what the problem with ATG+Decap are from Crom. That doesn't sound like a just a simple coincidence to me. For reasons I can't explain there's a ton of great barbs on Fury compared to the average skill level of people. I think its possible that those who don't understand the problem with Decap+ATG just haven't been exposed to someone who can make the best use of it.
    I'm on Crom and I absolutely hate Decap and ATG.

Always thought they were noob abilities and have not used them for years now.
    I would be quite happy if they was just removed entirely. Even more so now with the damage that can be pulled off.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Have you even considered the possibility it's the other way around?

Maybe people complaining about Decap are those from Fury because on that server the lower average burst (from less people having T4 weapons) makes the barb stronger and lets him get away with things like a build with little or no anti-CC which is just a big lol on Crom since you can and WILL get burst down every single f***ing time someone manages to successfully land a CC on you.

Barb as a class relies on the concept of getting stronger the longer you're in combat. The higher the bursts, the shorter the fights, the less efficient it becomes.
    Barbs would be murderous in unchained minis... pity they scrapped them.
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 11th December 2014 at 23:21.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Barb as a class relies on the concept of getting stronger the longer you're in combat. The higher the bursts, the shorter the fights, the less efficient it becomes.
    Let's get back on topic: I'd like you to tell me how a barb one shotting a character in half a second fits with barbs original image like you say. I.e a warrior that gets stronger as the fight goes on.

P.S. Yeah no idea why they scrapped unchained minis. That would have been fun
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf View Post
    Tankier zerker barb was one hell of a Damagemonster before this patch right?
    Skilling a feat which is almost an endfeat in the 2h weapon tree which is just working with a 1h Combo in combination sounds smart for you?

You cant remember on all those threads and posts about some cc´s for reaver builds for making such builds more pvp friendly?

this whole thread goes Hand in Hand with all the other ****-threads about pvp Balance on other classes

really timewasting
    "Please don't nerf my DPS trick, I actually go positive in minis now".

That's all I got from your statement. ATG has been retarded ever since someone thought of it. Decap was only funny with the clobber/no escape/decap/atg mold, which actually took some skill to do. Now you simply bind the both to one button and spam away and get 24-7 arcane marauder buffs even with not one spell caster on the opposing team. Nothing but broken feats in this class even with the "pro team" making changes. Just wow.
    Last edited by Suctum; 12th December 2014 at 06:46.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    "Please don't nerf my DPS trick, I actually go positive in minis now".

That's all I got from your statement. ATG has been retarded ever since someone thought of it. Decap was only funny with the clobber/no escape/decap/atg mold, which actually took some skill to do. Now you simply bind the both to one button and spam away and get 24-7 arcane marauder buffs even with not one spell caster on the opposing team. Nothing but broken feats in this class even with the "pro team" making changes. Just wow.
    that´s bs

there are many ppl from crom which supporting a nerf or rebalance of those feats including me...

I´m mainly (not only) on the pve side, and this is the reason why i can´t be happy with complete rebalancing of decap... PvE Hybrid-Zerker build in the actual form works since T3 Raidcontent Release without any tricks or exploits!!!... the last patch is a lil buff for such builds especially Devastation is a real improvement but you should also skill this as reaver instead of distraction or something, it´s depending on grp Setup, strong tanks whatever in the end it´s a question of your taste... Decap in his actual or pre patched form is essential for a proper pve spec and you pvp guys can believe me, i ve played long enough in elite raidguilds with this spec and in those guilds you r forced to beat the **** out of your specs...

Looking back to almost all those crippled revamps which were forced by mainly pvp issues should be a big warning sign to funcom and ourselves, which should not mean they completely ignore you pvp guys but they should learn to listen to the other side too, same Counts for some ignorants here in this Forum.

the suggestions of an internal CD of ATG+Decap is a smooth solution, which can work and should be easy to do for Funcom. AM is another Story... if Funcom would be able to fix it like that only incoming Magic dmg will Trigger it + a smooth cd on it would be a nice step...
    New animations on decap needing more ressources from funcom, so you can guess this will not happen. Rebalancing of the zerker tree could really end in a complete fail, so it will be pvp/pve only tree or crippled, i see here also no option. Barb was nearly untasted since many years, it´s the most popular class and the many opportunities to play this class in pvp and pve is one reason for this success! butthurting this playersbase by failvamping would be another masterpiece of failing...

btw. PvP T2-3 has a bit more armor and some more con than bb, but hey maybe 700 CA are more worthy than 600-1000 HP dont know

Done here, if someone else trying to Quote another cherrypicking stuff to let me be misunderstood here should go to hell, was funny enough to see that most crybabies playing sin, necro or dt which are perfect examples for failed revamps/ former op classes
    Last edited by Sarolf; 12th December 2014 at 12:37.

Edit by Anzu: That is not needed.
    Last edited by Anzu; 12th December 2014 at 15:56.
    R.I.P Rakdos