Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    This is the first parse from my other thread:

http://postimg.org/image/7w802f74v/

This is the screenshot of all the Decapitations from that parse:

http://s23.postimg.org/gatxar9or/decap.jpg

There are two multi hits (19:55:25 and 20:05:30) for 4 hits on a total of 23.
    Of all those targets:
    - Aetriss, Zonea and Yolodt are soldiers
    - Chiansontour and Shaqal are hoxes
    - Leinhos is a Tos
    - Howardhill, Pocora and Sadonah are rangers
    - Xepyc is a pom

This is the resulting screenshot having removed the 4 Decap hits from the multi-hits and all the hits on the soldiers:

http://s4.postimg.org/43cny1ipp/decap2.jpg

Average result counting only these hits is 2.8k, with an average non-crit of 2.5 and an average crit of 2.9. Slightly higher than the 2.3k overall average (obviously, since we have removed the hits on the hardest targets) but still below 3k.
    If you only count the hits on clothies (the two hoxes), the average hit is 2.6k, lower than the overall "corrected" average, ironically enough, because you're removing the highest hit (3.8k) which happened on one of the rangers.

And this is by taking your observation about soldiers at face value, ignoring the fact that they constitute 25% of the classes in the game and thus any serious estimation of the balance should include them in the parse since... guess what... there's plenty of them in PvP, and if all it takes is one of them to hard counter the barb, it's hard to see how the class is supposed to be OP.
    Thank you, now this is parse that finaly make some sense.
    You have to take into account that you dont use staggering blow which is great tool, your barb is not spec for haste which is another awesome buf to decap and you dont use ATG. Not sure how often you use thirst and horde, and do you use it at right time (no to many to count that is useful sometimes even if its on longer cd). Knock is also nice debuf of targets, WA to... But you can see that even your "average" can go over 3k on proper targets. You really are not buffing that combo to take full advantage of it. I mean its o.k. that is build and play style you chose (still urge you to start using staggering), but that build is not best umph for decap dmg. If you start using staggering and knock to debuf targets if they are not debuffed already you will see some difference.
    You have t4 sword, I have pvp t1 blunt and every single mini (not talking about JS) i see decap hit at least over 3.5k if not 4k, and not just one.
    I think you can agree that with slight tweak to build you can get to 3k "average" decap, now tell me is that not strong for build with survivability yours have (upheaval, ww)? decap is very fast and cant miss to.

Now try build with haste and see dmg you can do than + ATG ofc, it has less survivability but its packing punch.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Now try build with haste and see dmg you can do than + ATG ofc, it has less survivability but its packing punch.
    I've already agreed to this in this very same thread:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...=1#post2117276

The problem is not in Decap by itself, which was buffed by the patch but needed the buff because it was too weak before (and nobody bothered to use it). Neither it can be in AtG and Haste, obviously, since those two have been unchanged for ages.

The problem happens because you can combine all 3 for what becomes a strong burst on a relatively (60 seconds) short CD which is extremely easy to apply (two instants + zero-step combo, all of them with no precondition to meet). Assuming you have 1 = Haste, 2 = AtG and 3 = Decap, all you need to do is:

- put your target into your front cone
    - press 1-2-3

and you get the burst "for free".

I've already posted my suggestion in the barbarian class subforum on testlive (and changed it due to Bibik's feedback on PvE zerk). It's pretty simple: give Decap and AtG a shared 10 seconds internal CD. After you use one, you need to wait at least 10 seconds before you can use the other.

It doesn't nerf any single ability in isolation, meaning no other build is affected except the cheesy PvP one explicitly going for the "1-2-3" effect. On the other hand, the instaneous burst achievable by this single build is cut in half, you need 10 full seconds to apply the "second half", and you can only ever have either Decap or AtG buffed by a single Haste, but never both.

I also believe it shouldn't be too hard to implement for Funcom (it's basically the same system they already have in place for conq bubbles), which is an important aspect of any patch suggestion.

You can post any further ideas in the relevant thread on TL:

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...aste-Decap-AtG

So the dude does 4.7K crit on a cloth while using full t4 gear + all of his buff, so ?

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    derled you are wrong...

decap is totally where it should be - and case with atg is that its zitaian thingy - you wont get that high ones in pvp gear - and i know you use pve gear mostly - so go back to raiding or smth and let dying like mosquito to me

for example mine highest decap was like 6,8k crit but it was with tmtc x 10 and eom, positioning and after kb with ruin

also i think there much better things from barbs aa then atg - its nice burst but only

i got also 8,4k bombs on me while in full t3 pvp and classes like poms and his searing eye or olp or still tts aka pbs are crazy - you can go on and on with it much longer ...
    no its not lol,
    decap + atg = i win button with 30 secend cc
    and its watering down the game
    and i dont use mostly pve gear, i only have pve legs
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Sloubi View Post
    So the dude does 4.7K crit on a cloth while using full t4 gear + all of his buff, so ?
    if u talking about me, i use pvp gear and have only t4 pve sword + legs?
    and 4,7k crit? u can get that just using haste. stop defending this watered down class
    The Law

no its not a win button - its burst man ...

and ppl can go critigation and you will do sh1t - honestly + eom which is most important thingy in this riddle is 90 cd not 30 like decap and atg

are you serious guys, as far as I understand you nerf yourself by using such a dumb builds like this one http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v20_112...db041d6b41db64 and then you claim that you are OP because you can almost oneshot clothie once every minute (unless someone will cc you).
    its kingkozak playstyle and his vision of OPness.
    Sarcopthes- main, retired barb
    Rugewit - young beast, bs

YEAH

imo i would go lil dif bulid but decap is strong case is other toons got also kind of mechanics as it

and barb was gimp for so long time that its appropririate that now can have something semi-decent btw go t1 pvp and try do those 6k decaps

pve magic is in the air ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcopthes View Post
    are you serious guys, as far as I understand you nerf yourself by using such a dumb builds like this one http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v20_112...db041d6b41db64 and then you claim that you are OP because you can almost oneshot clothie once every minute (unless someone will cc you).
    its kingkozak playstyle and his vision of OPness.
    U do realize that , with that spec, no buffs, even stunning punch will do 1k per hit WITHOUT crit, on cloth and no stun dmg buffed
    not to mention butcher IX will crit 900-1k per hit

and its not every minute, its twice in minute, dosent matter if people gimp themself, its still i win button
    and dougsi, burst can be done with skill
    like conq blood bath + feint attack , that need lot more work than just plain decap + atg instant ****
    The Law

Are you serious guys? even Magnus in his more classical zerker build would get average 3k decap if he use staggering. It is easier to play with anti cc but you can do just fine like this if you stick to group and no need to run away and come back only when you have things of cd like certain barbs, you can stay in fight all the time. You know there are other combos to use, decap/atg is just cherry on cake
    even with no haste or eyes, with staggering buf running you can deal great dmg very fast.

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast