Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Discuss - Game Director Letter November 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    Truth is, they don't have to deliver the letter. Nusquam writes it because he wants to keep us informed.

As a random person, I should add that expecting it during the holidays (especially between Christmas and New Year's EVE) says a lot about you. Let them enjoy their friends and families.
    Could have had it out before the holidays. Also lets be real here, they are often late even when its not the holidays.

Typical saying they don't have to deliver these letters. Every other MMO I played keeps the players informed. So stop acting like it is some HUGE favor that is done for us. You know, we are the ones who pay to keep the game going.
    So I would expect to be kept informed on what is going on.
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Could have had it out before the holidays. Also lets be real here, they are often late even when its not the holidays.
    Well, maybe he should call it "Monthly Development Update" like Silirrion used to do. I don't remember people complaining about lateness back then. But writing it 15 days early? That would go against the main goal of the letter: tell us about what has been done during the past month, and what is coming now that some of the work is done.

But I don't understand all this "late" attitude. Although there's no fixed schedule, the GD Letter is usually posted in the first few days on the next month. We're still in December.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Okay guys, thanks for your time. Next letter will hopefully come before the holidays and will take a look back at the updates this year, and then in January we’ll be talking crafting.
    No judgement, just saying.

Making promises you know there is a big chance you can't / won't keep is not too smart. On the other hand, the whole same 'OMGWTF, no letter jet! I'm so mad now!!1!' routine every last week of the month is starting to get boring too.
    Just stop expecting things you never got from Funcom in the first place and act all disappointed when something takes longer then promised.

It's like nobody ever learns; Funcom keeps making overambitious promises (in this case to have an update before the holidays) and players keep getting dissapointed as if they didn't know better.

'Those who don't learn from history...'

Noobs
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 31st December 2014 at 05:30.

Well, maybe he should call it "Monthly Development Update" like Silirrion used to do. I don't remember people complaining about lateness back then
    Really? "where is GD letter" type of threads were a montly traditons since ever.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Really? "where is GD letter" type of threads were a montly traditons since ever.
    Speaking of "traditions" ; I don't think we've had anything in these forums ever resemble tradition. As you've said earlier; things always loose their steam here 1 or 2 months in. Kinda pathetic ~

We just have to realize AoC is the RedHeaded step-child in the FUNCOM house and move on. Don't ask the GD, Devs, or Community Managers for anything and you won't get disappointed. Either way; they'll just get super defensive and likely respond with some unprofessional comment that'll enrage us. That's how they roll ~ accept it.

On a less abrasive note; nice to see TSW getting high marks as one of the all time best MMOs on MMORPG site.
    GRATZ .

Wait, I thought bashing Funcom was a time honored tradition here... Good, clean fun, until someone loses an eye.

A world without TSW would be less of a world, even if there is a certain level of bitterness over it.

Truth is, they don't have to deliver the letter. Nusquam writes it because he wants to keep us informed.

As a random person, I should add that expecting it during the holidays (especially between Christmas and New Year's EVE) says a lot about you. Let them enjoy their friends and families.
    Truth, We should expect a letter each month "as promised" regardless of if it's required or not by him officially.

We pay 15 dollars a month and for what? The amazing updates and new content we receive each month? Or maybe it's the crafting revamp that has been promised for the last 3 years. Or maybe we pay for a certain class to be so OP, that they can heal themselves, out dps most other class's, offtank for themselves, and hold amazing aggro. My point? They can't even fix the retard easy class the DT.

So yes, I fully EXPECT a damn letter that was promised by him, regardless of if it's officially required.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Then you'll have to wait for the first days of January, since that's when the letter is usually posted. Complaining before makes no sense.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Default like #2

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    it didn't covered many things, things that people are asking.
    nevertheless, i hope that "lore" part means we'll see more content soon. i like the second example, it's more immersive.
    number #2 is the far better one and i would love to see lore all over the map like lore unlocks for places and hidden lore through out the game. thanks

I like both styles.
    What you could do is "hiding" the books on different locations.
    Type I would be found in "high end buildings" (dungeons) like Tortage Underhalls, Sanctum of the Burning Souls, Toirdealbach's Tomb, Onyx Chambers.
    Type II would be found in more private locations like Coastal Cave, Bubshur House, "Noble Villa's", Slaughterhouse Cellar.

Both should ofcourse also be found at unlikely open world locations to promote exploration.
    Books should come in various degerees of rarity like armor and weapons: Mundane, Rare and Unique
    Books should not be "bound" to locations unreachable for veteran toons (Destiny-quest dungeons, white sands)
    Finding X Mundane/Rare/Unique books should give an achievement/title: "The Librarian" maybe?
    Xiuhcoatl, Xipil, Udiya, Zhoerong lvl 80 HoXes .... multi-speccing?
    Gorgophone lvl 80 Barb, Kheiron lvl 80 PoM (Heal?), Uruloki lvl 80 Demo (Nub), Berenike lvl 80 Conq (retired.) All raised on Hyrkania RP-PVE (R.I.P.) server.

[undisclosed] lvl 80 HoX (!), Marbhaisgort lvl 80 Necro (fresh), Chahwuk (ToS)/Merav(Necro) lvl5x (for when I get to do Purist-achievements) Cromites.

Membership valid until 2018-03-16 20:02:55 Got tricked again 2015-12-14

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast