Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why this game has utterly failed....

Default Why this game has utterly failed....

Whenever I log on, I notice these things...

- There is barely anyone playing. It is the same 20-30ish people.
    - The pvp gear / AA grind is the same...takes too long.

This game was launched on May 20 2008

It has been 6 years and 7 months..... What has funcom added during this time ?

- 0 new 6v6 mini games
    - 0 new classes
    - Only 1 12v12 map
    - Mediocre pve content.
    - Failed pvp content (looking at sag rock farming....)

Not trolling but I expect an answer from the devs. How will you address these problems ?

I see 0 world pvp, barely any minigames and same old people who are either tired of this game or have too much time invested to give up.

Guess I'll check back a few months from now and see if anything has changed....

Quote Originally Posted by Holywatergun View Post

And yet, here we are.

Strange how Funcom loves the game so much that they keep running for over 6 years with only those 30'ish people.

I seriously ignored the part where you said mediocre PvE content. Hardly know any other this good apart from The Secret World. I do want more content, expansions that do not require AA or T4 gear, one or two Classes added would be interesting, but to say that we have mediocre content is completely wrong.

Every day, today you, merry christmas to you as well, someone says the same, "the game is dead", "dying", "died in 2008". I suppose those words are based in the last hours experience, where most likely the PvP didn't went as good as wanted.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

I could write some why this post has utterly failed
    Retired

I don't mind the old content. It is a niche game, and with few players, we can not expect new content to be rolled out on in quick succession.

What bothers me is the old bugs and known bugs that Funcom seems not to care about getting fixed.

- They add aoe looting, but does not fix the need/greed loot bugs...

And all the other well known bugs like rez window, mini game group bug, failed to authenticate error, settings saving bug and players/mobs falling through the floor of T3.

I could go on and mention invisible stuff when zoning, some rare trophy grind exploits that has been around for years.

I would take a full year without new content just so that Funcom could focus on fixing the mentioned stuff above, with highest priority on looting and rez window bugs.

You came here during not only the festive season but Christmas day to post this.....

I can only but shake my head...

Merry Christmas one & all!

Despite the occasional whining from my part, i'v been enjoying my time on AoC since may 2008. As a PvPer the only thing i miss is an active community. Doesn't mean more players.

As a side note: I've seen more world PvP with the daily quests and monthly festival event than during the last two years where open-world PvP was at best tedious to find. I can't say i'm playing much these days but each time i do i've had some fun fights in daily quest zones or during blood festival easily. Compared to how tedious it was two years ago though part of a dynamique CE/khitai hunting groupe...
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Unfortunately, those who whine and bitch the most are also those who are the most vocal; and feel compelled to share their negative and doom-laden views repeatedly.

As for me, I enjoy the hell out of this game; even with all the little "quirks" it may have. AOC is my "Escape" from the worries and stress of real-life after a day of dealing
    with these same type of people at work!

Forgive me, just so very fed up and tired of seeing these same rehashed and negative posts every time I read the forums.
    Sure, some things are going to be frustrating and not as you wish......, that's with EVERY game. But continually bashing and condemning it does no one any good.

If it makes you that unhappy and stressed out......move on and find something more appealing to you. Simple.

To all of my fellow AOC players out there who DO enjoy this kick-ass game........Merry Christmas, and happy holidays!
    "If eyes are the mirror of the soul, you will see yourself...as I see you."

Cool

meaningless blabla
    Geh' schleich Di! Servus!/Back off! Bybye!

... and to those who (still) enjoy AoC,
    Happy Holidays!

BB
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

- 0 new 6v6 mini games
    - 0 new classes
    - Only 1 12v12 map
    - Mediocre pve content.
    - Failed pvp content (looking at sag rock farming....)

Not trolling but I expect an answer from the devs. How will you address these problems ?

I see 0 world pvp, barely any minigames and same old people who are either tired of this game or have too much time invested to give up.

Guess I'll check back a few months from now and see if anything has changed....
    im sure you are truly crying because pom doesnt have insta kb anymore

open world pvp has been there, 24/7

kesh duel pit isnt really active anymore tho :/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast