Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mana vs Stamina

Thumbs down Mana vs Stamina

I play both casters and melee and I must say there is a very big differenece that is hardly never mentioned.

As mage / healer there is always mana issues when playing minigames. ( drained by enemies, pool to small for too high mana cost on many spells / heals / abilities etc. )
    When playing melee there is NEVER an issue with stamina.

I think its ok that people have to be aware of how they use mana and stuff, but this should work both ways.
    Its not ok for melee to be able to dish out combo after combo and abilities and never run out of stamina.

I see all the time people writing " I was out of mana, sorry" etc. But I have never seen or heard anyone write or say " I was out of stamina"

This is a flaw in the game and should be changed.

At least you're only out of mana, my dt is always out of mana and stamina. FUNCOM PLS.

This is an issue in pve as well. I can't remember ever running out of stamina in raids, yet running out of mana for mages/priests is quite common.

This is true, I dont even use 4h stamina food on ranger and guardian... its just not necessary anymore.

And my poor necro is constant out of mana
    Kinaputten

Ever since they implemented the energy bar, stamina isnt an issue anymore with any mele class. Sprinting use to consume stamina and people needed some brain power to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    Ever since they implemented the energy bar, stamina isnt an issue anymore with any mele class. Sprinting use to consume stamina and people needed some brain power to play.
    Well my DT is often out of mana when i spam combos and keep fighting for a while
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    Well my DT is often out of mana when i spam combos and keep fighting for a while
    Turn off Soul Barrier??

:P
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

The solution would be either reverting the energy change or making combos draw more stamina so that mana and stamina management is balanced. Mana is all right now; stamina is not.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Not true. In t5 stamina is an issue. And play a dualwield conq before saying any melees has problem... And well you all seem not to play that long. It was once the other way

I like the energy change however I dislike what stamina has become - it is indeed meaningless. Along with making stamina absolite it also made stamina drain/stamina recovery skills/feats useless. I wish Funcom would give stamina new added function to make it again a factor to consider.
    Retired

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast