Thread: Mod for changing shields' colour?

Default Mod for changing shields' colour?

As per title, that default white gets lost in the background, if it's too sunny, or the ground has a light colour, i just can't see anyhting.

Anyone that can instruct me? A bright red would be nice..if that's possible at all?
    Obsequious and arrogant, clandestine and vain

Should be possible. You will have to find the I think it's .tga files(?) That you would have to re-color in photoshop or any other software that supports the file extension.

I can't help you exactly in detail over my phone, sry.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Should be possible. You will have to find the I think it's .tga files(?) That you would have to re-color in photoshop or any other software that supports the file extension.

I can't help you exactly in detail over my phone, sry.
    no worries Fass, thanks!

Whenever you find the time (and the inclination), perhaps you would post again and tell me whether said .tgas need be included in a mirrored destination at /customised, or simply altered at /default? i.e. to be redone after each client update?

Alright found the files.
    Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\gfx\icons\effects\vulnerabi lities
    18 .tga files. You'll have to adjust every single file of them and then make a new folder in the customized folder.
    Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Customized\gfx\icons\effects\vulner abilities

You might not have to adjust the yellow ones as those are the indicator of which shields you currently have set. Hopefully this is of any help.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

You sir are awesome. Many, many thanks!

(now off to re-re-redownload paint.net)

ok, I made red shields but it wont save the changings. ingame the color is still white!
    i have deleted all files......and they are still ingame.....

update: everything i've tried, failed because if you start the patcher all files would be overwritten
    Last edited by XxRan3xX; 11th February 2015 at 21:08.

I am in the same boat. I have tried to increase the shield size and color with no changed in-game. Likewise, I have tried increasing the font on NPCs/enemies in the 3D view with no luck.

-Burbot

Try to use an old version of AoC Quick Start.

2.4.1 should do it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by XxRan3xX View Post
    i tried that too.....same
    It is a little more tricky than that. Some images, like the ones you want to edit is taken from the texture atlas files. You'll need the Nvidia .dds plugin or similar to work with the .dds file format. The texture atlas files contains a number of images each. You want to look into edit \\Age of Conan\Data\Gui\Default\gfx\textureatlas\icons.dds.

The patcher will replace your changes, so AocQS or similar is needed to avoid that.
    Last edited by Sifie; 12th February 2015 at 00:39.