Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60FPS on youtube, worth it?

Default 60FPS on youtube, worth it?

A pretty new feature on Youtube makes it possible for videos to be running in 60fps instead of 30 fps, which SHOULD make the experience alot smoother in most cases.

I think its alooot nicer to watch, but im curious what you guys think Cause if people dont notice much diffrence, im skipping it I think, considering it doubles the sizes of all files.

http://youtu.be/J80ImpVUJbY

Pick 1080@60 in the list, thanks in advance <3
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    A pretty new feature on Youtube makes it possible for videos to be running in 60fps instead of 30 fps, which SHOULD make the experience alot smoother in most cases.

I think its alooot nicer to watch, but im curious what you guys think Cause if people dont notice much diffrence, im skipping it I think, considering it doubles the sizes of all files.

http://youtu.be/J80ImpVUJbY

Pick 1080@60 in the list, thanks in advance <3
    It looks awesome @ 1080p60 FPS!
    "Vɪᴄᴛᴏʀʏ ɪs ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴀʏ ɪᴛ's ᴘʀɪᴄᴇ." - Sᴜɴ Tᴢᴜ

Rᴀɴɢᴇʀ ʙʏ ʙɪʀᴛʜ: Mᴇᴍsʜᴜʀ ʜᴀs ᴘʟᴀʏᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ 325 ᴅᴀʏs 14 ʜᴏᴜʀs 38 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs 30 sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅs.

Quote Originally Posted by Quistan View Post
    It looks awesome @ 1080p60 FPS!
    awesome !

[Youtube Channel]

Because of the constantly fixed perspective of video I for one don't notice a difference and therefore still upload in 30fps
    Gaming is a little different since the perspective is dynamic.

I was so excited about this feature, that it made me instantly to publish 2 aoc videos on youtube. Imo playback is definitely smoother and more enjoyable to watch. Totally worth it.

What bitrate have you been using? I've rendered with 20Mbps and it looks much blurrier than yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    I was so excited about this feature, that it made me instantly to publish 2 aoc videos on youtube. Imo playback is definitely smoother and more enjoyable to watch. Totally worth it.

What bitrate have you been using? I've rendered with 20Mbps and it looks much blurrier than yours.
    I think i use around 6mbps !

I use a render program called Handbreak, and this is my render-profile which you can easily import and get the settings once you have gotten hold of the program

http://minfil.org/c0X6g2bdbc/lolder.plist
    Last edited by magnum92; 19th November 2014 at 17:07.

[Youtube Channel]

Much smoother and more natural and fluid. Btw that UI is so damn nice and clean.

It's much much smoother of course (if your browser supports it, seems to be only Chrome atm) but in a game like AoC it's not as big of a deal as in a fps though (IMO). Especially on a pve video.

But if you don't mind the bigger filesize, why not I guess?
    Last edited by kalston; 20th November 2014 at 07:16.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Harddrives are cheap and bandwith is not that much of an issue these days, why would you worry about the file size?
    I am Stian ingame...

I have the impression of a permanent fast forward. Weird.

Looks beautiful though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast