Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: No to solo PVP arena! - voice your opinions

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    Not trying to troll. But does any of the developers or FC staff actually play AoC? Doubt anyone who plays the game would think a 1v1 arena would be a good idea.
    They do but NONE of them PVP. It was clearly obvious when Tomium and Sezmra streamed their PVP play session that they have clearly never competitively PVPed in any MMO and I'm sure they are not alone at Funcom. What they need to do is hold elections like Eve-online does and have the players pick some PVP advocates, to talk to FC about what players actually want... Because they obviously don't understand what PVPers want considering there's no friend-mini signup, massive gear/AA gap, clear class imbalances and this new "solo" arena.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 7th December 2014 at 06:43.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Tomium and Sezmra streamed their PVP play session.
    Is there someplace to watch that again ? Missed it but i'm curious
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Is there someplace to watch that again ? Missed it but i'm curious
    Don't be, it was...not very good. They had no idea what they were doing, just giggling all the time and dieing. It's like watching my grandma play.
    I have nothing against them personally, but I just wish that AOC finally once-in-a-life-time got a community manager that actually plays AOC and knows his stuff.
    Retired

I lolled when he started hitting people with dagger as necro

back to topic duels are fun but arena strictly oriented to 1v1 is very bad idea. Some classes have huge edge. I guess 2v2 would also favored certain setups but damn it if i can join with friend i dont mind. 3v3 and 4v4 could be most interesting choices. But let us sign with friends.
    Slith will you be my friend

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I lolled when he started hitting people with dagger as necro

back to topic duels are fun but arena strictly oriented to 1v1 is very bad idea. Some classes have huge edge. I guess 2v2 would also favored certain setups but damn it if i can join with friend i dont mind. 3v3 and 4v4 could be most interesting choices. But let us sign with friends.
    Slith will you be my friend
    You know I will *brofist*
    Retired

just give us 1 on 1 and 2 vs 2 at least

solo is nice from my perspective - all classes when it comes to it can do well in 1 on 1 - ofc some has counters but that gives some flavour - will already have rand minis ... ;(

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    just give us 1 on 1 and 2 vs 2 at least

solo is nice from my perspective - all classes when it comes to it can do well in 1 on 1 - ofc some has counters but that gives some flavour - will already have rand minis ... ;(
    well i guess demo and barb will be superior in 1vs1 scenario....

You mean BS and pom?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You mean BS and pom?
    I was able to kill some good BSes with my sin back when I was active on it (Fsen, Mordredik etc its 2 years ago I guess) (pvp 9 sin) remove heals with tainted weapon and they are screwed. also they have one stun and one kb (anti cc from aas and exelent balance mean they cant cc you) so bs is easy to kill as a sin.

And I was at best average sin......now imagine what Hyen, Surgery, Stabbie, Mortex can do. Hello Garrett anywhere?

Pom on the other hand is quite harder because dull of pain is not vs holy dmg. But if you will use second spec with lotus overdose I think its easy to kill also.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast