Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Discuss- Game Director Letter October 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    1. Are you going to finish T5? Right now armours are still unfinished, most of them use ranger visuals and you still use ancient crappy visuals for highest tier of weapons.
    Do you mean what? Models and textures? If that's the case, there are plenty of models in the game already, they already cover all cultures in game, including acheronian and atlantean and even darfari (maybe not aesir), and many professions - scholar, priest, merchant, citzen, beggar, etc. So it's not a matter of making new models, just a matter of choosing better among the existent ones. Seems Funcom didn't gave this much attention, unfortunately.

But to be honest most lvl 80 people I see running around use vanity to look like a weirdo, naked, hyborian version of Jason Voorhees, especially in Khitai. I don't think they care.
    Last edited by Shealeigh; 17th November 2014 at 08:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaletohep View Post
    Battle our pets... now that sounds interesting.

I'm looking forward to beating up that nagging vanir captive. And the snow hare. And that Kithaian fan girl. Pleeeeease leave the fan as a weapon for her, e. g. with a huge knockback effect.

Really, it sounds weird, but fun.
    I always thought it was a good idea if Funcom did benchmarking of the sucessful MMOs, but I forgot WoW can be considered one of these. I hope the simillarities with WoW stop there, otherwise AoC might go pokemon like them.

Anyway, I can't wait to roll a guardian and impale one of those mices sold by Lizzy Rat-friend in Old Tarantia with a spear...

Quote Originally Posted by Shealeigh View Post
    I always thought it was a good idea if Funcom did benchmarking of the sucessful MMOs, but I forgot WoW can be considered one of these. I hope the simillarities with WoW stop there, otherwise AoC might go pokemon like them.

Anyway, I can't wait to roll a guardian and impale one of those mices sold by Lizzy Rat-friend in Old Tarantia with a spear...
    What I like about that idea is making pets useful. Until now pets were mostly e-peen0r weaving (as proud owner of Soillrion easter egg pet I am guilty as charged). I REALLY like this.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by zeuss View Post
    All good and nice but unless you decide to start taking actions against cheaters and exploiters any pvp content is meaningless.In crom its out of control,at start it was funny but atm its just frustrating.And by petitions nothing is getting done even with videos as proof or inviting some GM's to come and witness specific players behaviour.This thing gives so bad reputation to aoc that really I cant get the reason behind why you keep ignoring it but whatever is it,its sad.
    As someone once said, "cheat happens". In AoC, and in every other game. If you can pick the people you PvP with, I'm totally sure it won't be a problem, unless you like to pick cheaters. Veteran PvPers interested could make a guild where they would teach (TEACH, not cheat!) and premate among it's members. Based on their experience, they could just kick those they know are cheating, since they're the most qualified to do so, whereas not all GMs have this experience, and keep a healthy PvP community. Would go very well as long people can keep the competition in the gameplay, and not to their personal egos.

But for what I see, the most vocal PvPers (those on global, flaming) just want easy preys to boost their k/d and their frustrated egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    What I like about that idea is making pets useful. Until now pets were mostly e-peen0r weaving (as proud owner of Soillrion easter egg pet I am guilty as charged). I REALLY like this.
    Hahaha I was just joking, I liked the idea. I really want to fight my dragon, the pee-pee skeleton, the Zingarian Corsair, the Cunning Rat, the headbanger Firebird chick and Steven Seagull. But in addition to that, I would like to see the option to delete some pets I don't like and flood my companion tab.

Whoever had this idea is brilliant. Plus now I'm convinced AoC could do a lot of fun new things if existent content are cleverly reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    As long as the stats on the items are good, I couldn't give a rats arse what they look like. I know I am in the minority with this line of thinking, but I just cannot understand why people care so much about how their avatar looks.
    Marry a fat woman with bad teeth and red clown hair. Take her to dinner, wearing a pijama of yellow balls as dress. Maybe you'll learn why people care about looks.

I'd like to fight together with my giant rat pet or khitan dancer x]
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Shealeigh View Post
    Marry a fat woman with bad teeth and red clown hair. Take her to dinner, wearing a pijama of yellow balls as dress. Maybe you'll learn why people care about looks.
    Game != real life champ. Additionally, if you're only interested in looks, you're pretty vacuous.

The game engine only cares about stats. Thus, I will happily play a character that looks like crap, if it has the best items on. Pretty simple I thought.

But you go ahead and worry about it.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    Game != real life champ. Additionally, if you're only interested in looks, you're pretty vacuous.

The game engine only cares about stats. Thus, I will happily play a character that looks like crap, if it has the best items on. Pretty simple I thought.

But you go ahead and worry about it.
    Why on earth would anyone torture himself with AoC's issues if they didn't care about the looks, atmosphere etc. in the first place is beyond me.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

In AoC, look > everything else.

That's why i'll never understand players who make their avatar look horrible, through character customization or with ridiculous outfits, it just makes no sense to me.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast