Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Discuss- Game Director Letter October 2014

All good and nice but unless you decide to start taking actions against cheaters and exploiters any pvp content is meaningless.In crom its out of control,at start it was funny but atm its just frustrating.And by petitions nothing is getting done even with videos as proof or inviting some GM's to come and witness specific players behaviour.This thing gives so bad reputation to aoc that really I cant get the reason behind why you keep ignoring it but whatever is it,its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    1. The items will not change. People will have to accept that we don't have the resources to make armor sets in the same capacity that we had 2, 4, 6 years ago.
    Then can we just have the previous T3 skins on T5 items ? It can't be that hard and long to do.

Let's be honest, those T5 skins are half assed made, and ok, no resource and all. But instead of rushing something bad, let's just keep something that was decently made, hence the T3 skins.

Those T5 skins feel like the legendary capes, made by some wow fan trying to sell easy cheap visuals to 5 yeas old kids thinking the shinier the better.

On the bright side, the achievement system being implemented is awesome, hopefully we can get something TSW like. Without the spoiling part though.
    By that i mean, if all the achievements are already listed in-game then the feeling of discovery just disappears, which is kind of a paradox for an achievement system.

In the end, thanks for the news, but for the love of all that is good, just wipe those T5 visuals and reuse the T3 ones.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    Fix fix fix the bugs bugs bugs. ...and finish T5.
    Hahahaha. Good one mate.

Thumbs up

great News

I Love the Idea of a Proper Arena for PVP
    but be sure to auto turn off Lodestones , Goldpots and all other stuff that will make them unbalanced

1. The items will not change. People will have to accept that we don't have the resources to make armor sets in the same capacity that we had 2, 4, 6 years ago.
    I'm sure that some players would be glad to help either creating armors or recoloring the T3 ones.

We love that game, let us help you

People will have to accept that we don't have the resources to make armor sets in the same capacity that we had 2, 4, 6 years ago.
    We're aware. Problem is, you did a halfassed job. A badly made knockoff of an old thing is very much worse than a straight up reused old thing. You could've put all the stats you want on the white armors Tortage vendor is selling as T5 items, it's not like we don't have vanity slots. So why not switch them to old skins to placate the angry raiders?
    This particular one is a bit trivial but you should really learn when to concede and back off from badly received decisions as a company. You got the name Failcom for a reason.

The design I have read is for solo.
    Doesn't the already existing pvp arena in Khemi support everything from 1v1 to 6v6 and everything in between? Has the dev team forgotten that it exists or is that already the thing you're gonna improve but didn't mention in letter because like half the playerbase doesn't know it exists? Are you seriously going to add a second pvp arena while the first one's been gathering dust for years?

pve arena part sounds very good though. You're rather good at pve, you should stop making more MMOs and do single player action-adventure games instead, like Secret World.

Achievements is nice. Just don't lay out every single one in a gigantic laundry list, at least hide some discovery stuff. But do lay out all lore in a gigantic laundry list.

In the PvE version, you can enter the arena and speak to an NPC, who will offer you a roster of that is based upon the pets that you have collected, with an associated fee. Once you have chosen a pet, you will be placed in a queue and when it is your turn, you will teleported into the arena to face off against a monstrous, deadly version of your companion pet!

Kyllikki dropped the hox sword yesterday in our alt raid, and i'm sorry but i'll have to complain about it.

First, the sword has the same model as the vanaheim raidbreaker, wich is an awesome cool looking weapon (although it does not fit HoX but whatever ^^), but why, i mean why on earth did funcom chose to take that model, scratch all the details from it and push to live a sword that looks like it's missing all the textures ^^

It would have suffised to take the model, change 1-2 tiny details here and there, and voilà ! a beautiful weapon everyone would have been happy about.

It's like the 1 handed dps sword from T3.5, which looks like it's from the item shop, with super low quality textures and no details whatsoever.

What i don't understand is that for some weapons, like the BS 2HB, funcom took the model from the lurker 2HB, which is an awesome choice, and changed nothing on it, which is perfect because the weapon looks fantastic just like that.
    And for other weapons, model has been changed in the worst possible way.

Frankly, this mess is not about lacking resources, it's about plain bad taste, or not giving a damn at all.

If i had one ask on this matter, it would be to take all the models form the lurker weapons, and use them for the T5 weapons, 5 minutes and be done with it.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

As long as the stats on the items are good, I couldn't give a rats arse what they look like. I know I am in the minority with this line of thinking, but I just cannot understand why people care so much about how their avatar looks.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

this is an excuse, age of conan's players have been shown to have a good mouth and being content, all of them have only asked for a reskin of what you had already and no one complained to want something completely new. You say that you do not have the resources of 2, 4, 6 years ago but the game continues to cost exactly as 2, 4, 6 years ago!
    Make a reskin of armor that you have already modeled does not require huge resources, the work done on the armor of the conqueror is excel, it was enough to continue on that way, take the old armor, change color, add some gem and some decoration and the game is done, you have done this work only for 4 armor and have them spread on 12 classes indicates more listlessness that lack of resources, as well as you could move some designer from TSW to AoC!
    Last edited by zujilin; 13th November 2014 at 15:50.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast