Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Discuss- Game Director Letter October 2014

good letter, looks like AoC is not going to stuck and keep marching forward, some things are going to change and that's something we have to accept.
    i was hoping to see some updates of the crafting revamp, but overall, that a good letter to read.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    pretty much sums it up.

If the arena is indeed 1v1 then it will be a waste. The difference between that system and arena in Khemi will be what? Betting gold on winner? It will be super easy to predict the winner with the current 1v1 class balance.

Please reconsider.
    Not to mention that 1 vs 1 arenas are bound to be exploited by people like h****e or h*****a or p******, who will farm their alts, if there will be no monitoring, consequence system or proper design. Some activity meter, power calculation etc. should help here too. If someone wants to farm alts, fine. But don't make it the fastest way compared to a proper duel, which will include movement, damage to both sides etc.. It will also be a measure against onesided oneshotting duels...so players will rather duel their own power than weaker people to progress. Though, if an alt farmer takes the time to "simulate" real fighting, making it as long as a real duel or in unbalanced fights the stronger one takes time to let the weaker test out things or learn, than why not? Just take care systemwise, that somehow a real fight is more rewarding than fighting a stationary naked target that is no risk at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    Are you really going to expand AAs? People are already full of AA points, if you launch more AAs they will get everything maxed in less than a minute and nothing good will come of it, just more class balance problems and people whining they can't participage in dungeons/raids.
    Not to mention PvP AAs are harder to get than PvE. I don't know if the new pvp content will make it up for AAs.

You can increase player lvls, introduce new feats, but not AAs imo.
    Like I have said before over the past year or two, I doubt Funcom will simply add more AAs that can be instantly gotten with peoples stockpiles of AA points. Whatever new AAs they develop will undoubtedly have a requirement for something else that no one has, so as to not cause that instant gap between vets and new players.

They may still use the existing AA points, but there will be something else required too, such as a new kind of AA point or tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by henryabccba View Post
    Still no sub offer news from legendary marketing?
    He said before it should come sometime this month. Be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    ...However, there is really no reason to make an arena if you don't let us have the choice of both 1v1-6v6, and ability to group with friends, ie, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, all with groups. We have a khemi arena already for 1v1, which means nothing; We have areas in CE/AE etc for duels, which people barely participate in. If you don't offer the choice of grouping with friends in 2v2-6v6, why would anyone duel other than for short term lols? It just won't help...
    Re-read the GD letter, they aren't simply making a room you 1v1 in with no reason.
    Last edited by tapwater; 7th November 2014 at 22:27.

"We’re currently running through the feedback and improving the event to make the next version even more interesting"

Can you take a look at the killtime on Fury? I am pretty sure the developers do not find fighting 60 minutes for 2 stamina potions fun. And on fury the killtime does not go down with more than 24 people since the aoe starts to kill players instead of boss. Can we get a killtime where the fights are still fun. (48 man raids would reduce killtime without changing bosses but there are other solutions)

"This means including tokens, improving the loot, and full ability pass on the bosses"

Could you reduce the dependency on random number generators. With 90-120 minutes between each kill in prime time , the loot is so rare that it is no longer a motivational factor.

Like the ambition shown in this letter, although achievements or pet battles is hardly the kind of content I personally look forward to. Hopefully it will make people do some older content, like Desumo hardmode for the achievement's sake, or getting guilds to bother killing the Lurker again.

However, please please please find the time to give each class unique T5 chests. If you don't have the resources to make simple re-skins/re-colorings of armor sets from 2008-2009, then how can you make brand new systems for the games, or a (hopefully) bigger raid tier like Palace of Cettriss which will require far more new assets than T5?

Also, tell your marketing department to get the sub-offers going. It's important, and I know a lot of the playerbase is waiting for them now.

i ask again why NO WHY NO FUNCOM NO DELETE MINI PUG FROM GAME??
    ppl love player love do grp in mini with friend this is atm and from start mini pug this have kill 99% of fun !

Battle our pets... now that sounds interesting.

I'm looking forward to beating up that nagging vanir captive. And the snow hare. And that Kithaian fan girl. Pleeeeease leave the fan as a weapon for her, e. g. with a huge knockback effect.

Really, it sounds weird, but fun.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 8th November 2014 at 08:46.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Like I have said before over the past year or two, I doubt Funcom will simply add more AAs that can be instantly gotten with peoples stockpiles of AA points. Whatever new AAs they develop will undoubtedly have a requirement for something else that no one has, so as to not cause that instant gap between vets and new players.

They may still use the existing AA points, but there will be something else required too, such as a new kind of AA point or tokens.

He said before it should come sometime this month. Be patient.

Re-read the GD letter, they aren't simply making a room you 1v1 in with no reason.
    What exactly is your counter point other than I can't read?

hmm khemi arena can be setup for group vs group, whats this talk that its only 1vs1? Like the achievements. Still want to see partial premade for pug minis or revamp tournament mode for more attraction

New AA should be actives only, that doesnt increase any power difference only gives more choices. Or make them like T5 finess hits (pve only).

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast