Thread: Character disappears/invisible

Default Character disappears/invisible

It's either since the last patch or since I PURCHASED the dark brown horse! I believe it was after the patch.

At gates or points that refresh the screen the horse will either become transparent or both the horse and rider disappear completely! Whatever the case I have to relog to get horse and horse/rider to show properly!

Not sure whether it's the same problem causing both to happen or it's caused by different faults. Am inclined to think they are both caused by the same problem.

Anyone having similar prob and have any ideas to fix ........

That's one of the ancient features. Zoom camera in/out or simply turn camera in such angle that it's inside your horse/char. No need to relog.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    That's one of the ancient features. Zoom camera in/out or simply turn camera in such angle that it's inside your horse/char. No need to relog.
    yep that worked thx - I do remember seeing what may have been this fix but couldn't find the post again ....

Quote Originally Posted by Malfur View Post
    yep that worked thx - I do remember seeing what may have been this fix but couldn't find the post again ....
    it would have been an old post, but you're right ... one of the patches stated that 'the issue with mounts disappearing on zone-in should be fixed' ... unfortunately that was a lie.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Malfur View Post
    It's either since the last patch or since I PURCHASED the dark brown horse! I believe it was after the patch.

At gates or points that refresh the screen the horse will either become transparent or both the horse and rider disappear completely! Whatever the case I have to relog to get horse and horse/rider to show properly!

Not sure whether it's the same problem causing both to happen or it's caused by different faults. Am inclined to think they are both caused by the same problem.

Anyone having similar prob and have any ideas to fix ........

Yesterday, 11/01/14, my character zoned into a new zone NOT ON A MOUNT and was invisible. This happened twice on 2 separate zones. The invisible mount bug has been around for 4 or 5 years.
    The "invisible character" is a new one to me, but I only log on for special events anymore. Scrolling in and out fixed it, IF you call that a fix. More like a work-a-round without the reach-a-round.

More bugs please!!!! More vanity items please!!! Less bank space please!!!

It's as old as the mount but, since it's the same bug. You had a transformation running (necro lich, HoX morph, potion, whatever).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."