Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Quest Too Hard?

Ran a ToS, dual wield barbarian, sword and shield guardian, all 80, and a 47 assassin through it so far... Barb and guard have almost no aa's at all, one level in decisive and pressing strikes each and are a mix of t1 and t2 gear from world bosses.

Can't say that it's been difficult once I figured out the mitigation debuff. There's no reason to ever be running around with the negative mitigation on you. Did have to kite a couple times with the assassin when I got too many mobs.

Does seem a bit long but that may be better than too short. Does go a lot faster the second time through.

Took longer on the guardian, duh, but not really harder. The surprise to me was that the dual wield barb just steamrolls it.

Can't speak for all classes and all levels of gear but it seems about right to be somewhat of a challenge but without being too difficult to me.

Angry

I've tried multiple times with my ranger but failed. By the time that second boss spawns, my HP is simply just too low to keep up with all the adds and the bosses. I could still handle that though, I was going to keep on trying till I get it.
    The thing that pissed me off completely, is that every time you leave the instance, you have to delete the quest and do the whole damn thing from the start. On my fourth try today, the boss that is supposed to spawn the key to open the next door, did not drop it. So I'm done trying. You know what FC, stuff you and your halloween quest. You disappointed me this year. This feels like a rushed pile of crap that you designed in a few days.

There is no keys for any doors in this quest.

1. the guy in the torture chamber, just kill him and next door opens.
    2. switch in a room with some cells, turn it and next door opens.
    3. room with the snake, kill adds and wait for door to open.
    4. khemi night, clear the path towards where you land when travelling from old tarantia and wait for the timer while taking care of the spawning trash every minute or so.
    5. kill boss after you cleaned up his add waves. Remember to always clear the mitigation debuff, stay out of the electric storm, and it should not be any problem at all.

Actually "torture chamber" boss drops a quest item for lock-picking the next door so you need to pick that up.

There is a key.

"Torture chamber" Boss drops it, a dagger or whatever to open the door (some will not have noticed that you can only open the door if you have picked up this item).
    If by some circumstances the boss does not drop the dagger, you can get it from a dead girl chained to the first pillar you see when you enter the room. It sticks in her chest, and sometimes you have to scroll in to be able to click it.

I think if they had decided to release this information the GMs would had have a lot of less work...

You do know that the quest can be done as a group? As long as you all have the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    You do know that the quest can be done as a group? As long as you all have the quest?
    I really don't understand why folks don't group up if they are having problems, its not that hard to find a buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    OMG, I thought this was a solo quest...
    Thnx, will try it again one more time.

Regarding difficulty:
    Demo (T4) - no problems, didn't even care to remove the mitigation debuff
    Sin (Kithai/T4) - Khemi Night was actually quite hard. The mob groups in the Souk/Market area were tough to pull/kill effectively. Almost ragequit.
    Necro (T4) - harder than Demo, surprisingly, died several times, but played quite carelessly, so still okay.
    DT (T4) - easiest of all. By far. Didn't even notice the mitigation debuff - thought it was bugged, first, but actually was displayed in the character sheet and did work, but character didn't take much damage even with total -15% mitigation.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Ranger is the one class that I've never played past level 30 so I have no idea there. All I can suggest is obvious stuff: Don't stand in the blue circles, don't let the buff from the urn drop. Use the time when the boss is immune to damage, and not fighting, to take out the minions and the big guy add. There's a narrow walkway around the far building that might work for kiting. Or they may split and go around it both ways and hem you in... Worth a try perhaps.

Also, when you kill a urn carrier it leaves a particle ring on the ground. Walking through that ring will refresh the buff that's needed to use the urn. Don't have to kill a new urn guy each time which was my first impression.

If you do this as a group be sure everyone is down by the needle before talking to the guy to trigger him. Else the door shuts and they can't get in to fight and won't get the quest update either.
    Last edited by Raeil; 9th November 2014 at 23:01.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast