Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Quest Too Hard?

I guess its hardest with Ranger, because the Ranger does have very very little AoE (as melee class you always have a little "AoE" as your combos hit multiple adds at the same time) and no bubbles, and usually not too much constitution. Having said that, if you use all cc stuff wisely + be fast + use Sword & Shield sometimes, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    I don't get this thread . The quest is doable and definitely not only "for the elite t4 crowd" as I simply don't raid and do not own any t4 gear . You just need to activate the buff and know your abilities . If you can't do this quest , don't blame funcom , blame your gear skill , build or whatever
    But this is my point. Imo, in a limited timed event aimed at the majority of players, i should never have to blame anyone. All you say is fine and valid...for a permanent addition or instance (because then i can change my gear, skill and whatever and come back when ready). If i have the wrong build it is fine to be challenging, but then i have to design it in a way that it is still doable. And if with certain chars you run out of potions it is not even doable (simple math). Also does a solo quest like this really have to be so luckbased (amount and intervall of minion spawns) und have such frustration potential (even if you do everything "right" in terms of buffs, tactics, ccs etc.)?

Simple fixes against the frustration would be to fix the quest bug with the lockpick key, so you could refeat or restock and return without loosing a day minimum in rl (or add a hidden potion vendor somewhere in khemi night). Also the minion number could be limited and the cast time of the urn reduced. Doing these things alone would help a lot without changing too much when it comes to the "challenge".

In the old grim grey god quest you could influence the difficulty, depending on the pulls and where and how you fought. If you knew the mechanics and made no mistake, you did not NEED potions. It was a pain as well, but it was also meant to be hard. Here you are quite limited in the options and you can reach a point where you simply have LOST and have no chance to win anymore without some means of healing while kiting. And it is a limited window quest...not the final one in the solo game part.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 11th November 2014 at 09:12.

Done the Quest on all 12 Classes without even using that urn once , its not that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Halebarius View Post
    Done the Quest on all 12 Classes without even using that urn once , its not that hard.

Are u Conan in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    But this is my point. Imo, in a limited timed event aimed at the majority of players, i should never have to blame anyone. All you say is fine and valid...for a permanent addition or instance (because then i can change my gear, skill and whatever and come back when ready). If i have the wrong build it is fine to be challenging, but then i have to design it in a way that it is still doable. And if with certain chars you run out of potions it is not even doable (simple math). Also does a solo quest like this really have to be so luckbased (amount and intervall of minion spawns) und have such frustration potential (even if you do everything "right" in terms of buffs, tactics, ccs etc.)?

Simple fixes against the frustration would be to fix the quest bug with the lockpick key, so you could refeat or restock and return without loosing a day minimum in rl (or add a hidden potion vendor somewhere in khemi night). Also the minion number could be limited and the cast time of the urn reduced. Doing these things alone would help a lot without changing too much when it comes to the "challenge".

In the old grim grey god quest you could influence the difficulty, depending on the pulls and where and how you fought. If you knew the mechanics and made no mistake, you did not NEED potions. It was a pain as well, but it was also meant to be hard. Here you are quite limited in the options and you can reach a point where you simply have LOST and have no chance to win anymore without some means of healing while kiting. And it is a limited window quest...not the final one in the solo game part.
    You Can still so it with a friend or a whole group . Funcom did everything right there
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    You Can still so it with a friend or a whole group . Funcom did everything right there
    Tried with a friend...it was impossible to get in the same instance. i suspect it works, if you team up before both start. Would you be kind enough to elaborate how you managed? Still, if you fail solo you have the same problems with bound instances as with when you restock outside (since we both could not do it together and would have had to try next day from scratch after resetting and deleting quest). So not all right, but still a lot better than last years 5 year anniversary quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Tried with a friend...it was impossible to get in the same instance. i suspect it works, if you team up before both start.
    Yes, exactly, otherwise it doesnt work.

Well i don't know what you did but it always worked for me . I even joined players that where already in Khemi-Night so i had to walk through an empty pyramid and there I was
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Red face Halloween Quests

I want to thank Funcom for the Halloween quests...They were a lot of fun and a nice challenge! I was surprised and have been surprised by the new content (Halloween, Anniversary, and the new T5). I can't speak for the PvP folks, but thanks for doing some work for them.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Karla View Post
    I want to thank Funcom for the Halloween quests...They were a lot of fun and a nice challenge! I was surprised and have been surprised by the new content (Halloween, Anniversary, and the new T5). I can't speak for the PvP folks, but thanks for doing some work for them.

K
    Well said Karla, I agree.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast