Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Quest Too Hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Lerael View Post
    (I killed some mobs, waited behind the pillars and the doors opened, wtf?).
    What's "wtf" in that ? Door opens when you killed all the trash mobs that are coming in wave according to a timer. Basically, that's timer-linked door. You have to survive to poison cloud and mobs, kill the last one and you're good. That's pretty common mechanism.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    What's "wtf" in that ? Door opens when you killed all the trash mobs that are coming in wave according to a timer. Basically, that's timer-linked door. You have to survive to poison cloud and mobs, kill the last one and you're good. That's pretty common mechanism.
    Yeah, it's so hard to survive a huge snake that hits like a little girl and drops a poison that you don't even need to evade ¬¬. I don't understand the purpose of this fight, Pyzerius just wanted us to see his huge snake, is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    I don't think its hard at all, but that being said, tons of folks just can't figure out to get the bad buff off and go to dormant buff. I agree the 600 seconds is forever! lol
    I just park my toon on a roof and go make a sandwich, and I'm also re-watching the entire x-files from the beginning. 10 mins goes quick.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Too hard, way too long, dumb running through endless corridors with **** vanilla graphics, endless waiting....I barely managed to find strength in me to finish this crap on my main toon, farming this for the mount etc is out of the question. Quality wise this is way behind the awesome event from 2013.
    Last edited by Naerri; 4th November 2014 at 13:07.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Too hard, way too long, dumb running through endless corridors with **** vanilla graphics, endless waiting....I barely managed to find strength in me to finish this crap on my main toon, farming this for the mount etc is out of the question. Quality wise this is way behind the awesome event from 2013.
    I do agree that it is no where close to as fun as last years, but I think the biggest disconnect is how long it takes, and some folks are just not understanding the debuff. I do believe that just grouping with one or two makes it funner for weaker toons but you still have to wait out the 600 seconds.

Compared to the werewolf-quest boss from last year, the end-boss in Khemi is much harder. It also depends on the class you use, whereas Conq, DT or Nec were laughing at the boss, my Ranger had a tough time fighting him. I also had the feeling, that the Boss himself isn't so hard, once you had a knack of his mechanics, but the growing number of servants, that are spawning, beat you up, if you don't have adequate AE-Dmg, even skilled movement helps just a little, because of the cramped space while ten + adds are chasing you.

Quote Originally Posted by calindrill View Post
    Compared to the werewolf-quest boss from last year, the end-boss in Khemi is much harder. It also depends on the class you use, whereas Conq, DT or Nec were laughing at the boss, my Ranger had a tough time fighting him. I also had the feeling, that the Boss himself isn't so hard, once you had a knack of his mechanics, but the growing number of servants, that are spawning, beat you up, if you don't have adequate AE-Dmg, even skilled movement helps just a little, because of the cramped space while ten + adds are chasing you.
    Tos, necro, demo, dt and conq were super easy. I don't play my ranger much, but can understand why it would be harder. I would think trap and kill adds while boss is doing his blood heal and make sure you get debuff off yourself.
    Kite until you have more traps.
    Or just group with a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    Don't agree at all. Best Halloween I'd say. It's nicely written in the sense it really fit the atmosphere, it's not too hard at all, except maybe on the ranger, otherwise I don't really know how you can say it's difficult, and even if it's challenging then it's good.
    Also, I not sure it's any longer in term of mob than last year event. Maybe during the 10 minutes, but killing trash give a fair amount of sacrificial mark, so there's that.

All in all, I really enjoy this year event.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Best Halloween I'd say. It's nicely written in the sense it really fit the atmosphere,
    +1 I've been waiting for something like that for a long time. I'm still not sure if the 'giant snake' was Set's avatar or only one of his children but it's really nice idea that a random adventurer can't kill him.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Don't agree at all. Best Halloween I'd say. It's nicely written in the sense it really fit the atmosphere, it's not too hard at all, except maybe on the ranger, otherwise I don't really know how you can say it's difficult, and even if it's challenging then it's good.
    Also, I not sure it's any longer in term of mob than last year event. Maybe during the 10 minutes, but killing trash give a fair amount of sacrificial mark, so there's that.

All in all, I really enjoy this year event.
    Actually you both are right: It is maybe the best halloween lorewise and atmospherewise, but still Naerri is right too. What i meant with "last years" actually was the festival one where you returned to tortage (which i found the worst event quest chain so far, the wolves were actually ok, maybe a tad too much unavoidable unrewardable fighting, too). That one was too linear and too long and this is this years weakness as well. The rewards this year are nicer and it seems less bugged (except when your quest log is almost full) and they added a random worthwhile lootchance (in addition to potions and food), so it actually can pay off to spend time killing the mobs. They also enabled the other events again, so not really a cause to complain.

This does not mean that it is perfect: My first impression of the tunnels was not very good either. It might be because i do not like console like design and linear gameplay, where you have no choices except progressing along something others have thought of (though in this escape theme...it actually fits). A bit less timesinkish (especially in khemi night) and a few less respawn waves (in the boss fights) and it would have been good overall.

And i do not agree, that challenging is good in such an event. It should be about socializing and atmosphere, imo (which is why this years is not BAD). Had it been a permanently addition instance, then challenging IS good. In a temporary event i do not think timesinks and challange should be priority...and if you add too much, you miss the target audience of such events (which is almost everyone playing, not just those with power enough). With the first halloween (and the midsummer) event they did it right. They had a limited claim window, but the player could decide when to finish. They split the solo part in a quick solo only part, had a group part and open world parts. All you could do in parts and were not forced to do it in one go (and you could easily restock etc.). What the wolf quest did better was, that the loot was distributed, you had extra bosses and quests, so even if the final battle was too hard, you got something from spending real life time trying. This is partly back in this year (with the random loot), but not as good.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th November 2014 at 05:52.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast