Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP Minigames nowadays ...

i don't believe there is a absolute solution to this its more damned if you do and damned if you don't, if it became to happy and friendly i and the majority of pvper would just leave but then again its not like there is a massive influx of newbs anyways so i dont really see a problem i rarely see a new pvper that quits the game because of pvp alone most just go back to pve or whatever plenty of other problems ingame before this becomes a issue

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    A lot of ppl don't like spending their free hours being farmed by opposite team while being verbally abused by their own team for trying to learn the ropes.
    Fancy that..
    The worst kind stays out of fight, hides, verbally abuses playing individuals, asks them to "stop fighting", "drop the flag", and deluges them with vitupirations. Petitioning a game master often does not help.
    Now, imagine you are a new player, and you see someone being attacked for playing. You will be deterred from playing too.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    The worst kind stays out of fight, hides, verbally abuses playing individuals, asks them to "stop fighting", "drop the flag", and deluges them with vitupirations. Petitioning a game master often does not help.
    Now, imagine you are a new player, and you see someone being attacked for playing. You will be deterred from playing too.
    Welcome to online gaming
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    I fight when there is an even remote chance of win, and I don't mind dieing a bit more than I could to save the victory.

But when minigames is plain impossible (0:2 on flags, our team 1 kill / enemy team 20 kills; something like that) I say "let them win" aswell.
    It's pointless to offer free kills to the other group when there is no chance to win (well there are exceptions to this aswell, with the right players in group even extremely unbalanced groups can be very fun).

It's part of the situational awarness that it's one of the most important "skill" in minigames, whatever class you play.

Something I truly hate: 5 people in my group fight a tank who is pushing behind a corner leaving me alone to jump on rangers / demos / necros which otherwise would nuke them down in few seconds.
    Again it's situational awarness, after few deaths as soon as you realize that your group is like that well.. good luck and have fun.
    I love challenge, but when you have group, fighting 1 vs 5 is no fun.

Anyway recent patch to me made minigames much more fun, since I see many more players really trying to win.
    So to me current status of minigames is a bit better.

I wish Funcom could just tune a few things, for example:

- groups class distribution in JS. Healers should be equally distributed among the 2 groups (happen to see 3 healers in one group and 0 in the other)

- minigames abandoned: you fall under map and can't die, so you are forced to relog and even if you reenter game get +1 abandoned.

- increase PvP AA we get from minigames, to help new players. For example add 1 prowess point to each minigame quest reward
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 28th October 2014 at 07:49.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Being farmed without any chance whatsoever to win achieves no purpose besides exposing oneself to frustration, which is both stupid and counter productive.

On the subject, minigames are not bad nowadays, maybe i'm lucky with the groups i end up in but i'm happy with the current state of PvP on Crom, although we could use more players.
    {Circle of Eternity}
    Mellaus
    Lachdanann dt | Aldebarrand guard | Ataraxes demo | Tangorogrim tos | Aranruth barb | Demether pom | Errant ranger | Diluvien sin | Hekatomb necro | Haemmer bs | Nyarlathotep tos

One thing about minis in this game that doesn't make sense to me, is why the hell can a player even leave before the mini is finished???

FC should remove that option so the statpadding twats would be forced to fight (or be farmed if afk). That would also give even more incentive to try and win.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Somewhat of a personal solution: People have no hope , they believe in the upcomming defeat a lot more than the possibility of a tiresome victory. Prove them wrong , give them motivation be polite , be efficient , be better and every minigroup will follow you to burning hell despite the odds being against you. It's all about good karma .

Start with a "ffs noobs again , were doomed" statement your ingroup experience and pretty soon you'll end up in a pool of your own blood.

What people need is hope , explain to them that you can provide victory-elements. Take the flag with your demo/hox/tos/whatever and die like a man , the brute conq will get emotionall and follow your paradigm right when your clothbody drops down dead.\\o//

Give hope to the noobs , either by nature (your very good and geared and in general a usefull adition to grp) or by position (create a nice ingroup atmosphere , motivate ppl , be humble enough to ask certain tards to participate for real stead of ruining the game)

There's only one road to victory : Be a better man -> Become a better player -> Become invincible

Dont get me wrong , you can be the most iritating kind of man/woman and be a great player , but then again , no credit will follow your kills , cause none will care for kills that didnt affect him. While a 18kills demo will get praised in the eyes of the world if he achieved this with a skull on his back , a 32 kills assasin might aswell end up ingored by everybody , given he stealth-fraged and ran back into shadows on repeat.

And pls , remind me , why Ezekiel from NightWatch almost never lost a mini? Cause he got the gun and he got the manners. More Ezekiels pls.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

Thumbs up

the solution is simple pug mini eliminate from the game, we will have lots of fun with friends back grp pvp and certainly no one will go afk, this is the solution!
    but Funcom understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    So eventually you end up fighting the same ppl over and over again untill even vets are bored and leave
    Thats the current state on Fury. Always the same 30 ppl. You know every flagbot, every kamikaze, all afkers and hiders.

You cant eliminate PUG minis because you risk eliminating the casual PvPer, the newcomer (we still have those?!) and the low level/undergeared player. What we do need is a revamp of the current tournment mode so it isnt such a hassle to get players to sign up. For example, allowing you to sing up with 2-3 friends in tournment mode as well as solo players. This would, in theory, filter the quality of the match since only higher lvl/experienced/hardcore players would sing up for the tournment. The downside would,be creating a bigger division of the current playerbase, splitting even more the aleready diminishing numbers accross mini-games. This way we would have the current PuG system and an alternate Pre-made system that would allow a full blown 6man team as well as smaller groups with 2-3 friends. Sadly its too far down the road and the current pvp numbers simply dont justify the ammount of time and resource allocation. This could have boosted the PvP side a great deal along with the the cross server technology. Solution for tbe current estate of PvP? AoC 2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast