Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barbarian dual wield,more useful in pve...

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I allowed myself to put some changes to Halfdead's Reaver build due to the new Devastation being really good to have in a Reaver build, and for sure gives more damage than the Tempered Steel and Predatory Instincts (wtf?). http://goo.gl/OovWsm

The other Berserker builds posted are built around heavy survival feats. If you want a Berskerker PvE dps build, look at this: http://goo.gl/D0M3YM
    Predatory Instincts is only good when you have no gear. It gives some evade chance and stam regen. Its probably irrelevant now and Devastation is better.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Well i switched to 2 handed weapon and im going to use this skill tree,full berserker: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v20_112...e8ad1e0dd1dfb0

Is good or bad????

Quote Originally Posted by Luxinio View Post
    Well i switched to 2 handed weapon and im going to use this skill tree,full berserker: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v20_112...e8ad1e0dd1dfb0

Is good or bad????
    my opinion about your build:

• acrobat is pretty much a waste of points
    • you're missing 2 of the best cc's: earth shatter and scatter foes
    • you're also missing blood fury, that is very useful to lower your blood rage stacks (you get the healing only when the stacks rises, if they are maxed, you'll get no more healing, so you need a way to lower them)
    • staggering punch is not so useful
    • atrocity is needed, to get your blood rage stacks grow faster
    • swarm fighter passively gives you +20% weapon damage. why spend 5 points in lethality, that gives you 17.5% instead, if you don't take it?
    • comatose and hammer and anvil can be nice, but i think those points are better spent elsewhere
    • eyes of madness is nice to bring down though opponents faster
    • you miss a charge

so, if you want a 2h zerk build i'd rather go with the one posted by Patoson, but i'd take eyes of madness over staggering punch http://goo.gl/9DhbYc...
    Last edited by Yawgmoth-VDN; 25th October 2014 at 09:57.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Well,finaly i switched to the feat skill tree of Patoson,and its more useful than mine skill tree. Im lvl 28 atm and i starting to see good ve results,before that skill tree i cant kill more than 2 enemyes of my same lvl. With that skill tree i can kill 3 enemyes with 2 more lvl than me and that for me is a miracle. Of course i have a epic weapon different of starting lvl 20 weapon when u get out of Tortage.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxinio View Post
    Well,finaly i switched to the feat skill tree of Patoson,and its more useful than mine skill tree. Im lvl 28 atm and i starting to see good ve results,before that skill tree i cant kill more than 2 enemyes of my same lvl. With that skill tree i can kill 3 enemyes with 2 more lvl than me and that for me is a miracle. Of course i have a epic weapon different of starting lvl 20 weapon when u get out of Tortage.
    Oh, level 28!

At this level, it doesn't matter very much about feat trees, though the utility of Berserker low tier feats is more rewarding than the damage buffs of Reaver. Expect some respecs through the leveling process. The first really useful feat in Reaver is Haste, which you get on level 30. This buffs your movementspeed and adds weapon damage bonus for a time after you use the feat. Next after that you got Shrapnel and Impale at level 60, that will improve your dps.

As a Level 28, I'd go for a pure Berserker, because the Charge takes too much of your feat points in consideration to rewards. Spending feats in Berserker will reward you with lower cooldown on crowd control combos, Reverse Swing adds 36% weapon damage when thet buff is up. Staggering Blow is a nice opener, because it sets shields high so your Butcher can hit for more on the right finisher. Also use Wreck Armor, not just for the debuff but also the shield purposes. Back when I levelled up my Barbarian, that was my first character, and I only spammed Butcher, because thats the highest dps combo, heh.. In the end when the mob had stacked three shields to the side where Butcher hits, it was hard to finish the mob off. Try to have a combo rotation where you cycle different finisher directions. When you do a Stunning Punch, you can strafe around the enemy and do a quick combo to a non shielded side and thus do more damage.

Here are various suggestions to builds that would suit different levels. Again, as levelling up, considering utility is more rewarding than the extra 10% dps that will be more important in the end-game.

Here is a standard utility minded Berserker levelling tree. http://goo.gl/CeQUHA

- Atrocity gets your Blood Rage stacks faster up, and Insanity makes it go max 15 stacks rather than 10. This improves your self healing through Blood Rage stacks and will make you die less.
    - Staggering Punch adds a 12 second slow to the mobs you hit with it. Very useful if you need to kite to avoid death. Shock and Awe makes you able to use the Stunning Punch and Clobber on a shorter cooldown, i.e. more control on mobs.
    - Devastation adds some crits. Not a big deal while leveling but we need some filler points to reach:
    - Earth Shatter. Area of Effect stun combo. One step. This is the best crowd control combo the Barbarian has.
    - Reverse Swing for reasons mentioned before.

As you level up further, your choice whether to go for armor buff from General tree, or get the Charge from Reaver. Charge is nice indeed, but some armor might save you from that 700 meter hike in Conalls Valley...

Now we are at level 50: http://goo.gl/mViuYP and it is time to make up your mind if you think you can do good with a Reaver (dps oriented) build: http://goo.gl/h2TUEQ and swap weapons to do the crowd controls. To just keep filling points in Berserker is also an option, and comfortable if you find yourself squishy without the Blood Rage x15 and crowd control improvements from Berserker.

What you do further from there makes smaller differences. Both end feat sides of Reaver are good. Left side of Berserker adds survivability, right side adds a non-step combo that hits hard, and a weapon damage group buff.

Just spam this topic again when you get there if you have more questions.

as usual, i disagree with shax...
    will we ever agree about something, m8??

anyway... at lvl 50 i'd rather go with this: http://goo.gl/X4hdFx
    reasons:
    • why staggering punch? a true barbarian doesn't run from the enemy!! he just crushes them!!
    • blood fury is just to useful to skip it. it will lower you blood rage stacks and let you heal more
    • arcane marauder gives a nice speed boost when you're fighting casters, and casters mobs are hard to bunch, so some speed bonus is very handy
    • swarm fighter gives +20% weapon damage

zerk build should be tankish enough, you shouldn't need to go general for the bonus armor, until you reach lvl 80 and go to khitai...

actually, there is something i agree with shax: use all your combos, especially wreck armor, don't just spam butcher!!

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Yeah. Barb has 3 ranks of physical debuff combo (you can get the fourth in Khitai) and I see a lot of barbs who never use them even in 6man or raids. Heretics!!!

Staggering Punch could very well make you survive that fight (i.e. crush your enemies) rather than them crushing you.

Yes, I agree on Blood Fury, but when is he going to have the stacks at 15, and using blood fury stacking up again, while levelling, and not having without warning? I dropped Blood Fury in the standard leveling tree, because op has a lvl 28 barb. Blood Fury is a lvl 40 feat.

Arcane Marauder is great for Khitai and places where enemies crit a lot. Spellcasters in old world does hardly if at all crit on their spells. 5 points for 20% chance of increasing Blood Rage stack is too weak for spending 5 points in, imho.

Swarm Fighter is nice, and I have that on builds that go to end feat in Berserker. I do not have it in hybrid Reaver. Keep in mind that 20% weapon damage is not very much on a typical levelling weapon. Below level 50-60, the base dps is around 50-70 mostly.. So 10-14 dps from 5 points, better to spend points in utility or survivability.
    Last edited by Shax84; 26th October 2014 at 11:38.

Staggering Punch could very well make you survive that fight (i.e. crush your enemies) rather than them crushing you.

what i mean is that in a zerk build you shouldn't have to run from your enemies, because that kind of build gives enough survivability. so, more often than not, those points will just be useless..

Yes, I agree on Blood Fury, but when is he going to have the stacks at 15, and using blood fury stacking up again, while levelling, and not having without warning? I dropped Blood Fury in the standard leveling tree, because op has a lvl 28 barb. Blood Fury is a lvl 40 feat.
    with a zerk build, you can keep fighting with very small breaks between pulls, so you may have blood rage stacks maxed very often, even without 'without warning'...
    and after all, we were talking about a lvl 50 build...

Arcane Marauder is great for Khitai and places where enemies crit a lot. Spellcasters in old world does hardly if at all crit on their spells. 5 points for 20% chance of increasing Blood Rage stack is too weak for spending 5 points in, imho.
    it's true that the old world casters don't crit very often, but don't forget that the speed buff also procs on dots...

Swarm Fighter is nice, and I have that on builds that go to end feat in Berserker. I do not have it in hybrid Reaver. Keep in mind that 20% weapon damage is not very much on a typical levelling weapon. Below level 50-60, the base dps is around 50-70 mostly.. So 10-14 dps from 5 points, better to spend points in utility or survivability.
    of course it's mostly a matter of taste, but i think that a zerk build has more than enough survivability itself, so i'd push the damge instead of spending points in general for armor....

anyway, i hope the op has enough informations to decide himself what suits better for him...

Yep, there are many approaches, and the op just needs to find what works best for him. Neither mine nor your build(s) might be what suits him the best, but he has some good pointers in the right directions now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast