Thread: Progression Raiding

Default Raiding crom helpers

I am posting my comments here hoping to avoid an argument involving PVP. THIS IS A PVE server and as such it would be the majority of our servers primary concern.
    I know that the state of the game is not optimal for a lot of people and logging on for raid nights is about all the veterans of the game do right now. I was thinking that to revive interest for the veterans to created a program where new players sign up to be mentored in game and seasoned players of that same class sign up to assist them based on the "game time" they are available. Such a system would allow new players to really learn how to play and create a reason for seasoned players to log on.
    I also believe that every guild should help out a new player or two along the way, but most of all I believe all the guild leaders should find a struggling guild and mentor the leader of that guild. NOT TO STEAL their players, but to help that leader progress his raid force.
    ALL OF THE LEADERS currently in game have something going for us, we have weathered many storms in our time here on AOC and while all the other guilds have folded one by one, we are still here and still leading our folks. If we could share that in a valid way with other players and leaders so we can teach them what we do in leading and organizing raids. Invite leaders to our raids so they can experience the fights and go to their raids so we can understand why progression is not happening.
    But I don't know if ANYONE is interested in either side of this issue, are they enough players who need help and would appreciate a mentor? Are their enough guild leaders who are still trying to get thru t3/t4 who would listen and learn from a Vet?
    I know we have problems as a community because I hear over and over how so many will never get to go to T3/T4 T3.5 and T5. SO OVER 3/4 of the game is locked out for these folks, but I have never really seen the numbers and most of the folks who need the help never visit the forums.
    I don't have all the answers but I would guess between us all we could come up with a way to help others while even helping ourselves by creating a way for our own guildies to want to log on and feel proud of the person that they are helping.
    Last edited by sugarspice; 20th November 2014 at 21:45.

We do a pug T4 on Friday and a pug T3 on Sunday.

Our guild raid schedule is Mon/Tue/Wed.

I like having my Saturday off so that leaves Thursday open to help someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    We do a pug T4 on Friday and a pug T3 on Sunday.

Our guild raid schedule is Mon/Tue/Wed.

I like having my Saturday off so that leaves Thursday open to help someone.
    I see that you are already doing your part in helping others! I don't know if the need is there for more help or not as I don't see any response suggesting that more help is needed! Thank you and your guild for all you do to help others!

Requiem Nex killed T5 Yakhmar today.

http://thirstypirate.com/images/scre...0-nov_2014.jpg
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

whoops got forum threads mixed up, sorry.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    whoops got forum threads mixed up, sorry.
    Blame Sugar for giving her thread a misleading name!

Blame Sugar for giving her thread a misleading name!
    Yes, Dang Sorry