Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 Tactics

Edit by Anzu: DSO.
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th October 2014 at 01:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    And it doesn't remove the bragging rights for killing it without looking here (if its really matters...) so i don't understand why it's "too early".
    There is nothing wrong, thx for posting it and for the nice video aswell.
    You already received many appreciation comments, so just ignore the few opposite comments; I'm sure most of the community appreciated it.

And it's of course as simple as you wrote: if someone doesn't want to look at the tactic / video, must simply not to watch it.

Thx again
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 22nd October 2014 at 09:40.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Jesus! what's the point fellows? Just guild which one want to know tactic read this post and that's all. If someone took time to wrote this topic that's his bussiness - tag topic by "[SPOILER]" and all will be fine. I don't get so much hate and yell about this. Some guilds/ppl want to figure it out some want read it and play - that's it. Give people choice. I hope this topic help someone, GJ author.

Edit by Anzu: DSO.
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th October 2014 at 01:40.

I don't mind people are posting tactics. The competition for that boss was pretty much over.

Saying people can still figure out stuff by themselves by just not looking at the tactics is simply not true. There is no way in hell that in a raid with 24 people there is not at least one person that will check tactics explanation/video. He will just happen to come up with all the right ideas to counter the elements of the fight after the first try.

And yes, figuring out stuff yourself and coming up with ideas is one of the most fun things in this game. Personally one of the best times I have had in a 6man must have been when we were figuring out Coils on Testlive.
    One of the best raidexperiences was last few weeks in T5 when we were figuring stuff out. The satisfaction it gives if a boss goes down that way I never really had when we had strats from others we were just executing.

Personally I think you should have waited a week or 2 more to give more guilds the chance to experience that.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 22nd October 2014 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    I don't mind people are posting tactics. The competition for that boss was pretty much over.

Saying people can still figure out stuff by themselves by just not looking at the tactics is simply not true. There is no way in hell that in a raid with 24 people there is not at least one person that will check tactics explanation/video. He will just happen to come up with all the right ideas to counter the elements of the fight after the first try.

And yes, figuring out stuff yourself and coming up with ideas is one of the most fun things in this game. Personally one of the best times I have had in a 6man must have been when we were figuring out Coils on Testlive.
    One of the best raidexperiences was last few weeks in T5 when we were figuring stuff out. The satisfaction it gives if a boss goes down that way I never really had when we had strats from others we were just executing.

Personally I think you should have waited a week or 2 more to give more guilds the chance to experience that.
    So true. Your Emotional Intelligence has increased by 10!
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

I hate nothing more than having to figure out tactics and the like -- I hated our raids the last 2.5 months as we were wiping on testlive all the time and getting no loot. I got no sense of pleasure at all from killing the bosses, only a sense of relief that the horrible boring wipefest is finally coming to an end and we can hopefully settle down to farming the new gear as smoothly as possible.

So I for one am very glad that tactics are being posted, the sooner the better, hopefully to spare other people this sort of trouble and waste of time. For me, the ideal situation would be if Funcom simply posted tactics alongside the update notes whenever they add a new raid or dungeon to the game. That's part of the reason why I try to provide dungeon tactics on my blog as quickly as I can -- sadly, our guild rules prevent me from doing the same for raids.

Quote Originally Posted by cynara View Post
    sadly, our guild rules prevent me from doing the same for raids.
    they probably don't have balls to kick you even if you wrote down all the strats here it's sad that rules are in the way of having fun or helping out someone else

I'm pretty damn sure they do :} Either way, I'm not going to take the risk of finding out the hard way :P That's why I wish that tactics were included in the update notes -- to take that sort of decisions out of the players' hands.

Hey cyn you should try wow. They have this imba boss journal with all spells with damage. Heal alert, dps alert and tank alert. Also "deadly" and other stuff like that. Not everyone likes that, myself I hate being able to read up on it from the game itself... They also have official loot tables! It's like blizzard saw your famous blog and decided to implement it in their game!
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast