Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 Tactics

Bunch of lazy Americans (and yes i'm murican i can say that). Just go figure it out yourself! I've seen/studied posted strats before with T3.5/T4 and in the end i hated the ones i've seen. Sure, they work; but they were always way over complicated and we ended up creating our own. Just understand that most raids reuse already existing/seen mechanics. Simply reapply such mechanics and wipe until your eyes bleed until the raid gets the rhythm.
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

Quote Originally Posted by MajorAppleSauce View Post
    Bunch of lazy Americans (and yes i'm murican i can say that). Just go figure it out yourself! I've seen/studied posted strats before with T3.5/T4 and in the end i hated the ones i've seen. Sure, they work; but they were always way over complicated and we ended up creating our own. Just understand that most raids reuse already existing/seen mechanics. Simply reapply such mechanics and wipe until your eyes bleed until the raid gets the rhythm.
    The reasons posted strats aren't necessarily the most efficient, is a by-product of the fact that almost no-one will post them. Most guilds want to hold that information tightly, instead of sharing with the community. I would imagine if all the different guilds who have completed the bosses were to post all their strats and discuss mechanics, a "most efficient" / "easiest" strat could be produced and provided for the community at large.

Sure guilds can and do think for themselves and come up with their own strats, but that doesn't mean it has to be a requirement for all guilds.

Whichever guilds decide to share strats or information, awesome! If a guild doesn't want to share strats, no biggie, it's your prerogative.

shame on you for killing it without tos buffed 6 necros. Good work on posting tacts though.

Give an example, please

I for one hate reading strats and so forth, in the end it's moot...all information is on the friggen table and the execution just doesn't happen either way.

I liked when we went to 3.5 and everyone else was doing T4...at that time no strat for 3.5 was posted and we got to figure out and clear it on our own, that was much more fun than going to T4 afterwards, read up on the strat, wipe a few times, kill it and one shot [one shot as in first encounter ever] basilik.
    Which then brought us to Zodiac etc with strats already posted...albeit it was posted and understood...it just took forever to get the rythym going.

And then i don't know how you guys see it, but personally....observation seems to be lacking in most cases.
    It certainly wasn't hard to figure out Archfiend's bloodpooling. so you adjusted that, the fight went well, you hit 50% and 2 quarters pool up and you wiped because a new mechanic kicked in...rather than new, extended. Tell me it is rocket science now to assume the 2nd quarter also bases the number of people standing in said quarter to pool up...?

While not all mechanism are that easy as bloodpools to identify, the most are easy to understand, yet it seems to take forever to tell a raidforce how to counter a simple mechanic...aka Kiki's standing at her feet and don't stay at range, if that simple of a thing isn't 100% solid at the very next attempt, no guide in history will help you.

On a selfish level, i refused to put my 110% into an encounter if, at least that was our most common problem, a dt wasn't in surival mode but had to bring out the dps epeen and crippling the raid with that fail attitude. shouldn't be much of a brainer to want as much time as possible in a new encounter and learn/oberserve mechanics so you can already adjust on your 2nd attempt.

Then again I'm just hating since i haven't played since april 2013 and am dying to get all the new content i missed out on done.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuls View Post
    I for one hate reading strats and so forth, in the end it's moot...all information is on the friggen table and the execution just doesn't happen either way.

I liked when we went to 3.5 and everyone else was doing T4...at that time no strat for 3.5 was posted and we got to figure out and clear it on our own, that was much more fun than going to T4 afterwards, read up on the strat, wipe a few times, kill it and one shot [one shot as in first encounter ever] basilik.
    Which then brought us to Zodiac etc with strats already posted...albeit it was posted and understood...it just took forever to get the rythym going.

And then i don't know how you guys see it, but personally....observation seems to be lacking in most cases.
    It certainly wasn't hard to figure out Archfiend's bloodpooling. so you adjusted that, the fight went well, you hit 50% and 2 quarters pool up and you wiped because a new mechanic kicked in...rather than new, extended. Tell me it is rocket science now to assume the 2nd quarter also bases the number of people standing in said quarter to pool up...?

While not all mechanism are that easy as bloodpools to identify, the most are easy to understand, yet it seems to take forever to tell a raidforce how to counter a simple mechanic...aka Kiki's standing at her feet and don't stay at range, if that simple of a thing isn't 100% solid at the very next attempt, no guide in history will help you.

On a selfish level, i refused to put my 110% into an encounter if, at least that was our most common problem, a dt wasn't in surival mode but had to bring out the dps epeen and crippling the raid with that fail attitude. shouldn't be much of a brainer to want as much time as possible in a new encounter and learn/oberserve mechanics so you can already adjust on your 2nd attempt.

Then again I'm just hating since i haven't played since april 2013 and am dying to get all the new content i missed out on done.
    Is that you granma?. Gheyday maybe coming back to run some raids and teach all the lazy NA group how its done. At least that was what he told me in our last sexting episode. But again he is busy playing with himself these days. I still dont have time to do much but troll the forums and collect infractions from my very giving moderators ... Probably going to get one for this posting too (first world problems i have)
    Strategos of Immortal Souls

Is that you granma?. Gheyday maybe coming back to run some raids and teach all the lazy NA group how its done. At least that was what he told me in our last sexting episode. But again he is busy playing with himself these days. I still dont have time to do much but troll the forums and collect infractions from my very giving moderators ... Probably going to get one for this posting too (first world problems i have)
    Cant be granma, not enough naughty talk and no gerbils mentioned....lol

As the biggest and humblest expert of guide posting on these forums, I say the best way is simply listing all the things that happen, full lists of enemy abilities and behaviors. Following a guide that says "do this, then that, then the other" is boring, not to mention it strangles any hope of someone else maybe perhaps coming up with smarter tactics one day. MMO players are inherently a cowardly, superstitious lot who'd rather die than think for themselves. So once a tactic becomes "well known", it's nigh impossible to make your average pugger (or even the normally all right guildie) do anything that even slightly deviates from the "norm".

In that sense this guide isn't very good, because I just KNOW 90% of all players who read it is gonna treat it like gospel handed down to them personally by an angel that descended from heaven. That's not gonna be Chaoskult's fault ofc, but I feel a guide writer should know his audience and try to save them from themselves.

That representation of Yakhmar on the floorplan is all kinds of awesomeness though. It's golden.

edit: I also despise being handed out explanations, which is one of the reasons why I ****ing hate raiding. Not being in a progression guild=you're gonna be slavishly following the instructions someone else figured out and no you're not allowed to figure out **** by yourself because guides are already posted, omg stop wasting everyone's time, what's wrong with you, how dare you want to lengthen the time before we can get shinier pixels to fill the emptiness in our souls with your experimentation nonsense, who has time for that discovery ****, we gotta get our pixels mang.
    Last edited by cins; 21st October 2014 at 21:49.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    As the biggest and humblest expert of guide posting on these forums, I say the best way is simply listing all the things that happen, full lists of enemy abilities and behaviors. Following a guide that says "do this, then that, then the other" is boring, not to mention it strangles any hope of someone else maybe perhaps coming up with smarter tactics one day. MMO players are inherently a cowardly, superstitious lot who'd rather die than think for themselves. So once a tactic becomes "well known", it's nigh impossible to make your average pugger (or even the normally all right guildie) do anything that even slightly deviates from the "norm".

In that sense this guide isn't very good, because I just KNOW 90% of all players who read it is gonna treat it like gospel handed down to them personally by an angel that descended from heaven. That's not gonna be Chaoskult's fault ofc, but I feel a guide writer should know his audience and try to save them from themselves.

That representation of Yakhmar on the floorplan is all kinds of awesomeness though. It's golden.

edit: I also despise being handed out explanations, which is one of the reasons why I ****ing hate raiding. Not being in a progression guild=you're gonna be slavishly following the instructions someone else figured out and no you're not allowed to figure out **** by yourself because guides are already posted, omg stop wasting everyone's time, what's wrong with you, how dare you want to lengthen the time before we can get shinier pixels to fill the emptiness in our souls with your experimentation nonsense, who has time for that discovery ****, we gotta get our pixels mang.
    I know when my guild was first going through T4, there were guides posted already. We did follow the guides as a general starting point, but ended up changing our tactics a bit to suite us, not the 100% literal instructions of the guide.

I see guides as just a starting point, keeps people from having to re-invent the wheel each time, but we still get to design our own particular model of the wheel if we want.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I know when my guild was first going through T4, there were guides posted already. We did follow the guides as a general starting point, but ended up changing our tactics a bit to suite us, not the 100% literal instructions of the guide.

I see guides as just a starting point, keeps people from having to re-invent the wheel each time, but we still get to design our own particular model of the wheel if we want.
    exactly. but got to start from somewhere. one tactic is better than nothing. -pancake- holding back all information and progression is not going to help anyone. its a damn video game, not a business idea.

sadly, so few read the guides and keep doing some pretty horrible stuff in raids, especially in the lower tiers such as t2, t3.. years and years have gone by and still fools lead the raids like its 2008 despite the numerous guides.

tactics live, first one might not be really good one but its a start, in time better ways are found.
    Last edited by Anzu; 23rd October 2014 at 20:32. Reason: Melcolm removed flame, I corrected a typo

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast