Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dead tonight again? rly?

Default dead tonight again? rly?

i come back for 2 nights in a row. the first night there were a couple minis until it dies off for the rest of the night. tonight, nothing. with 1 lvl 80 in the daily pvp zone of the day.
    40k kills
    [Deathbyheals]: but you'd get face f*cked in 2 seconds if you didnt have all the cheats
    [** a 'The Law' insider**]: actually they(the law) flame u the most[**a The Law' insider**]: the y(the law) say u hack like a bitch
    [Group] [Aoccompanion]: oh no its hacker bowless
    [Hotranger]: i heard you were a cheater
    [Chriscause]: Sinful nice speedhack

PvPs on life-support ~

Some came over to Crom; didn't help ~ same 10/12 suck-tacular toons rotating thru. No fun or challenge. Time for us PvP'rs to move on.

It's 2nd Dec - 9:30 AM CET, there is 4 lvl 80's online on fury.

that is what happens when Game Director decides its a great idea not to allow people to play with friends, but rather with strangers. If that wasn't enough then not adding any pvp content or progression for several years also "helped" things. I have had high hopes for the new managment, but - to put things nicely - they have VASTLY underestimated how important the issue was and instead of adressing it they have added low quality content in a form of PVP Events which are no were near being somewhat popular.

When I do log to AOC I rotate 2-4 games of LT and HV and log off with a sad realisation that I have managed to achieve absolutly nothing with my game time (unless you consider strangers calling you names something to strive for).

Upcoming solo pvp arena is trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline onto it. The issue with your declaining pvp population is total social isolation of pvp players in MMO scenario (aka solo pvp content) and your solution? MORE SOLO PVP CONTENT!

Of course someone will jump the thread and post nonsence like "there is tournament mode, why won't you and 11 of your closest friends that are online, ready & willing, form two balanced premade groups and do some pvp on regular daily basis?"

My anwser to that: That's Craig Morrison's logic. The man that gave you such awesome pvp features as ranger revamp, Bori, PVE gear > PVP gear and random minigames.

I won't pretend like I all of sudden hate all the things CM have done with AOC (I remeber all too well how the game was back in 2008), but the guy butchered the pvp and crippled the pvp community.

In short I blame CM for breaking it and new team for not fixing it. You guys had a chance to make pvp streak for Torunament mode and breathe in some life in that crap system, but instead you choose not to and to add insult to injury you added paid item that is cash-shop exclusive to insure people against random strangers and bugs that would otherwise break the quest.

I personally don't think that Fury can recover at this point nor that the issues will be adressed.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    that is what happens when Game Director decides its a great idea not to allow people to play with friends, but rather with strangers. If that wasn't enough then not adding any pvp content or progression for several years also "helped" things. I have had high hopes for the new managment, but - to put things nicely - they have VASTLY underestimated how important the issue was and instead of adressing it they have added low quality content in a form of PVP Events which are no were near being somewhat popular.

When I do log to AOC I rotate 2-4 games of LT and HV and log off with a sad realisation that I have managed to achieve absolutly nothing with my game time (unless you consider strangers calling you names something to strive for).

Upcoming solo pvp arena is trying to put out a fire by pouring gasoline onto it. The issue with your declaining pvp population is total social isolation of pvp players in MMO scenario (aka solo pvp content) and your solution? MORE SOLO PVP CONTENT!

Of course someone will jump the thread and post nonsence like "there is tournament mode, why won't you and 11 of your closest friends that are online, ready & willing, form two balanced premade groups and do some pvp on regular daily basis?"

My anwser to that: That's Craig Morrison's logic. The man that gave you such awesome pvp features as ranger revamp, Bori, PVE gear > PVP gear and random minigames.

I won't pretend like I all of sudden hate all the things CM have done with AOC (I remeber all too well how the game was back in 2008), but the guy butchered the pvp and crippled the pvp community.

In short I blame CM for breaking it and new team for not fixing it. You guys had a chance to make pvp streak for Torunament mode and breathe in some life in that crap system, but instead you choose not to and to add insult to injury you added paid item that is cash-shop exclusive to insure people against random strangers and bugs that would otherwise break the quest.

I personally don't think that Fury can recover at this point nor that the issues will be adressed.
    none of the servers will, crom is gonna die soon, if we take russians, germans, americans away from crom and see whats left? nothing 1-2 guild raiding t4 and thats it ;p

but i wouldnt trust that player search thing, its broken. there was few minis running and player search showed nothing, while i swift clicked name and they were in mini game.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    "there is tournament mode, why won't you and 11 of your closest friends that are online, ready & willing, form two balanced premade groups and do some pvp on regular daily basis?"
    Ahahahah, you made my day dude!

Default PvE ... all thats left

Unfortunately ... I think PvE is all that's left in-game. I'm not a big fan of PvP, nor am I very good at it ... but I dabble. And it seems to have a small community as of late (same names Over and Over).

Quote Originally Posted by Reinauer View Post
    Unfortunately ... I think PvE is all that's left in-game. I'm not a big fan of PvP, nor am I very good at it ... but I dabble. And it seems to have a small community as of late (same names Over and Over).

It might just be the life cycle of a MMO and we might just be at the very end of it The game won't go away, but the people will.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    if we take russians, germans, americans away from crom and see whats left? nothing 1-2 guild raiding t4 and thats it ;p
    And why would you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

I think he/she was just making a point that the population is low. I tend to agree with Slith ; a bunch of new games (FPS, MMOs, etc) are out this time of year. That, coupled with the holiday season as a whole (people on holiday, etc) really takes a toll on our community.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast