Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: T5 - Too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    From what I've seen of the fight, you would need some really excellent pro players to do it if no one had any T4 gear. Unless of course I've missed a mechanic which either makes the adds go down faster, or makes you be able to survive them and the other mechanics together longer. It seems very hard for tanks to live through both the adds and They Hunger at the same time.
    Adds move slow and They hunger has a long cast before it comes into effect. Why don't your tanks move to a more appropriate and safe distance from their add?

Also what would be easier would be to kill the adds before they hunger :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    Adds move slow and They hunger has a long cast before it comes into effect. Why don't your tanks move to a more appropriate and safe distance from their add?
    Definitely true, and something we were planning on trying next time we go in, I just hope it doesn't slow us down too far to where we end up having next add wave spawn before the previous one dies. Or having Temper cast and the adds move onto main tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Darm View Post
    Also what would be easier would be to kill the adds before they hunger :P
    From what I know of the whole fight, and from reading the one posted strat, it is really just the 2nd set of adds that comes close to the cast of "They Hunger".

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    We also could clear T3.5 in 1 hr, doesn't mean it is an "easy" instance for everyone.
    Agreed.
    I think T5 has a pretty suitable level of difficulty with a decent enough progression if they switch Champion and Vistrix order.
    Leyor

Guildleader of
    THE CIRCLE OF ETERNITY

<< Apply here! | Video >>

Quote Originally Posted by leyor View Post
    Agreed.
    I think T5 has a pretty suitable level of difficulty with a decent enough progression if they switch Champion and Vistrix order.
    Then they should nerf Vistrix accordingly from what I hear.

We'll get our first look at Vistrix tonight but it sounds like it might be a bit overtuned.

Having a "blocker" boss in the middle of an instance sucks, we had it in T3 with Hathor Ka, and Zodiac in T4.

Vistrix should be a bit more difficult than Yak, and Kylikki as the end boss should be the real blocker.
    Last edited by Texan615; 22nd October 2014 at 18:03.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Definitely true, and something we were planning on trying next time we go in, I just hope it doesn't slow us down too far to where we end up having next add wave spawn before the previous one dies. Or having Temper cast and the adds move onto main tank.

From what I know of the whole fight, and from reading the one posted strat, it is really just the 2nd set of adds that comes close to the cast of "They Hunger".
    No, actually you will find every other set of adds come with a small window to kill them prior to They Hunger

Quote Originally Posted by miamie View Post
    No, actually you will find every other set of adds come with a small window to kill them prior to They Hunger
    Ok, so that means there are really only two strategies, huge dps to burn them down before They Hunger, or tanks run away for it, hopefully get far enough away the adds don't catch back up, and run back to finish killing adds. Good to know I guess. Thanks.

Hint: Active Blocking is a big help here, Stamina regen pots ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    Hint: Active Blocking is a big help here, Stamina regen pots ftw.
    How are those 99.7% success rate tries going ?Is the the 0.3% still proccing like VoM with 24,8% crit chance ?

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    How are those 99.7% success rate tries going ?Is the the 0.3% still proccing like VoM with 24,8% crit chance ?
    Hey be nice to him. He just figured out what you find out before you even see the boss
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Wait... do you hear that? Listen carefully now... <silence> Enjoy your soon to be empty game. We did another T3/T4 run the other night I was there for the 6 1/2 hours of pain, we made some progress, made a ton of allies/friends, geared up a couple of PUGers who all but cried over vent thanking the team for a tripe raid item(to you I bet!) that he wanted for over 2 years.

BUT WAIT! Hold the presses! Where were you guys?! Oh thats right! Farm-tastic in T5(which you'll whine! again! for "lack of raid content" by the end of the year) then log off.

A clue pal, either get in the trenches and do the work with the 99% of us, or shut your mouth and sit back down... Seriously people.. it's like these 'armchair soldiers' on YouTube chiding this guy in Afghanistan for not rushing head-in to enemy fire...as they sit in their underwear watching the game in California.

Either make a serious effort to help out or just be silent! Thanks.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast