Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 - Too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blows View Post
    That's what I meant with my response to Lurvi. You shouldn't forget that not everyone is at (or close to) the top of his class-knowledge or gamemechanics..
    It is very possible with a balanced raid. Only being able to do it with magestacking proves that the encounter IS not too bad, ofcourse you'll burn down addwaves with that, but not being able to do without means it is hard for the top 10% of the population in the current state..
    Well the thing is that you "don't have to" kill ALL the adds before next waves to kill the boss.It is just that it makes the encounter significantly easier on the mechanics part since you completely bypass one of them and have an easier time with one or two more ,and so it's easier tactic to pull off when you have the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Well the thing is that you "don't have to" kill ALL the adds before next waves to kill the boss.It is just that it makes the encounter significantly easier on the mechanics part since you completely bypass one of them and have an easier time with one or two more ,and so it's easier tactic to pull off when you have the dps.
    Yep. This is what I think too. Blasting trough the adds in 15 seconds makes it much easier. I figure if you have adds up with other mechanics at the same time the fight would get exponentially harder. Not really an exploit to have good dps and arrange the fight in such a way that you can benefit from it maximally but not sure if it's intended like that either.

My guess would be it is intended that you have to deal with adds WHILE dealing with other mechanics, not after each other.

I think we are a good example of an "average" progression raiding guild. We won't be world first but will tend to be middle of the pack, top 10 though. We are progressing on Yak and we expect to kill it this week. But to call it "easy" and T2.5 is a little bit off mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I think we are a good example of an "average" progression raiding guild. We won't be world first but will tend to be middle of the pack, top 10 though. We are progressing on Yak and we expect to kill it this week. But to call it "easy" and T2.5 is a little bit off mark.
    You're also not a Euro no-lifer who's been idling in TL for the past couple of months getting all the strats down into muscle memory. RA has some solid players, I've clocked you in many times on parsers, I would say if your guild can down Yakhmar then you are a -genuine- world first in T5.

C9 and Nangyuang have not done any serious raid on Testlive as far as I know. Personally I expected RA to have it down by now. You need a bit of 'luck' too figuring out the right tactics. We for example did about 3 serious raids on Yakhmar on Testlive. All 3 of them we were trying out completely wrong stuff and we still had no clue how to kill it when it got to live. We did learn a lot of things that did NOT work however and that saved us a good amount of time.

Basically you can reach a kill by eliminating all wrong options to do a boss but if you are lucky you start with the right tactic fast enough. When we got some sort of breakthrough and found a very efficient way to deal with the elements of the fight, it only took 1.5 hour to actually get it down. I remember progression on general where all guilds had full tactics for months yet wiped and wiped and wiped. This is not a boss like that at all and the only reason not more guilds have killed it yet is probably because they are wasting time doing wrong stuff. I think any guild/raidgroup that can kill general/zodiac/emperor can easily kill Yakhmar at least.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 20th October 2014 at 15:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    C9 and Nangyuang have not done any serious raid on Testlive as far as I know. Personally I expected RA to have it down by now. You need a bit of 'luck' too figuring out the right tactics. We for example did about 3 serious raids on Yakhmar on Testlive. All 3 of them we were trying out completely wrong stuff and we still had no clue how to kill it when it got to live.

Basically you can reach a kill by eliminating all wrong options to do a boss but if you are lucky you start with the right tactic fast enough. When we got some sort of breakthrough and found a very efficient way to deal with the elements of the fight, it only took 1.5 hour to actually get it down. I remember progression on general where all guilds had full tactics for months yet wiped and wiped and wiped. This is not a boss like that at all and the only reason not more guilds have killed it yet is probably because they are wasting time doing wrong stuff. I think any guild/raidgroup that can kill general/zodiac/emperor can easily kill Yakhmar at least.
    We spent about 30 mins on Yak on Testlive, and this was with 15 players, so we didn't really accomplish anything other than just messing around checking out the new boss.

In fact, what little Testlive time we did spend was mostly on Champion as it was the first boss released and we all assumed it was the first boss of T5, now it's the 3rd.

Since T5 has come out, we've spent maybe 9 hours on Yak, and that's with a lot of our regular raiders out last week so we've been a bit inconsistent and slow on progression.

However, goal is to kill it this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Valicard View Post
    You're also not a Euro no-lifer who's been idling in TL for the past couple of months getting all the strats down into muscle memory. RA has some solid players, I've clocked you in many times on parsers, I would say if your guild can down Yakhmar then you are a -genuine- world first in T5.
    Nobody stopped you or any other US guild from doing TL raids. While those as you call them "no-lifer EU" players raided on TL some other guilds were willingly spending there time on live server farming 2-3 years old content, so no one was raiding more or playing the game more just shows different priorities and dedication.

-pancake-
    Last edited by Melcom; 22nd October 2014 at 15:10.

All the guilds who spent time on test live should be rewarded for their efforts. The AOC family is very small and while competition is healthy and first t5 boss kills are awesome, being jealous or mean spirited is counterproductive. I'm wondering if some of this spite is coming from players who already burned all their bridges with US guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Nobody stopped you or any other US guild from doing TL raids. While those as you call them "no-lifer EU" players raided on TL some other guilds were willingly spending there time on live server farming 2-3 years old content, so no one was raiding more or playing the game more just shows different priorities and dedication.

The sad thing is how frustrated and desperate you are, while there are good players from US your problem is that you will never be among them, you will always stay sad frustrated forum whiner nothing more. Your jealousy is promoting antagonism towards EU players just cause you're total cripple yourself blaming others for your own misery.
    A bit exagerated - it's a videogame after all, I hope he is not seriously frustrated as he looks for it - but that's well explained point about him, totally agree.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 20th October 2014 at 16:41.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    A bit exagerated - it's a videogame after all, I hope he is not seriously frustrated as he looks for it - but that's well explained point about him, totally agree.
    I know he is half trolling and its not so serious, but I hate those crap US vs EU posts that are somehow always started by him, bashing and dividing players according to their origin/nationality.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast