Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 - Too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blows View Post
    So those "mini-set" bonusses are not in the game yet? :o
    Next patch I've been told. We killed kyllikki faster than they anticipated. Don't underestimate your player base funcom!
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Next patch I've been told. We killed kyllikki faster than they anticipated. Don't underestimate your player base funcom!
    Hahaha, that's just stupid, I mean they know what has been killed on Testlive, so they just thought: Hmm, it will probably take weeks to kill it on live after we nerfed it a bit?

Funcom hasn't accounted for this particular factor....

Quote Originally Posted by leyor View Post
    The learning curve isn't the same as the level of difficulty. Once the tactics are down, some of the bosses won't be harder than T4.
    Just to nudge the topic back from gear, I find the initial suggestion that T5 is too easy a bit funny. I'm of course writing from a not a single kill yet perspective.

But what do we actually want then? What can make PvE challenging and what is PvE skill? The gear and class knowledge check definitely looks to be in there, and it's way higher than in T4, but ofc for those who have the gear and understanding of their class don't find any challenge there. Yakhmar looks to be exactly that, just a gear check with slightly more abilities that "has" to be used, with pretty simple mechanics that point towards the single question: does your raid have the dps or have the survivability. Or are somebody willing to prove otherwise and do T5 in T3/khitai gear? and so far it looks like demanding enough for a T5 label.

Ofc we have the dance dance revolution path, but once you nail that, it doesn't make it that more challenging than the fight would be without the puzzles, it becomes a chore. Making fights longer doesn't add anything else than boredom when errors are trimmed down by experience (Imp). Most classes don't have powerful enough abilities to make raid encounters more dependent on correctly timed ability use either, at least not powerful enough to really make it mandatory without irritating random wipes.

In the end, the only way I can figure out to make it a real "challenge" is to introduce randomness, randomize timed casts, cast merges, random cast pool, random puzzle plays with endless possibilities that have to be solved in less and less time. Could be fun, at least for a while, but then again.. for who? If FC makes a raid that's completed now and then by one or two guilds, how successful is it? We all paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blows View Post
    Hahaha, that's just stupid, I mean they know what has been killed on Testlive, so they just thought: Hmm, it will probably take weeks to kill it on live after we nerfed it a bit?
    When we first killed Sheng and the Basilisk on live, Waldgeist was surprised since Funcom thought they had balanced T4 not to be killable.
    So it's not the first time that Funcoms raid-plans were destroyed

It is funny to hear people talk about the new raid being too easy...Seems like they want something closer to Zodiac, where the stupid pads bug out causing a wipe, or symbols disappear causing a wipe. That's not fun, thats funny- the first time. After that it gets slightly more annoying each time

Quote Originally Posted by weretiger302 View Post
    It is funny to hear people talk about the new raid being too easy...Seems like they want something closer to Zodiac, where the stupid pads bug out causing a wipe, or symbols disappear causing a wipe. That's not fun, thats funny- the first time. After that it gets slightly more annoying each time
    People bitch that things are too easy, but really the game being too hard is more the problem. The t4/t5 guilds don't have this problem, but it would really be interesting to find out how much of the player base has never killed T3/T4. I bet its over half the games population. I don't want these fights dumbed down, but I can see the disconnect between those that can, and the rest of the game population.

Quote Originally Posted by Fass View Post
    Next patch I've been told. We killed kyllikki faster than they anticipated.
    Wut? Did they really think a bossfight that was done on testlive would last more than a couple of days in live without ninjabuffing it? With the hardcore raiders who's been starving for 3 years?

OTOH, go there with 24 players, none of whom has ever seen the bosses on testlive, and then tell me how easy it is. Go on, I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarspice View Post
    People bitch that things are too easy, but really the game being too hard is more the problem. The t4/t5 guilds don't have this problem, but it would really be interesting to find out how much of the player base has never killed T3/T4. I bet its over half the games population. I don't want these fights dumbed down, but I can see the disconnect between those that can, and the rest of the game population.
    Yeah i wouldnt be surprised if less then 40% of the pop has actually killed all of t3. Probably less then 25 has seen all of t4. T5 is a distant dream for most.

Circle of Nine and Nangyuan got Yakhmar down today

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast