Thread: Question about a boosted character

Default Question about a boosted character

I played AoC for a while and loved it. Took a long break and then came back. I created a new character and it asked me "do you want to start at level 50? One time offer" so I accepted. I also had a ton of offline levels lying around so I boosted the Barbarian to 80 immediately. Problem is I have level 50 gear. I was told to go do faction quests in Khatai to gear up but those level 80 mobs kick my butt. Have I painted myself into a corner and will need to spend $ in the shop to gear up? I bought the level 80 PvE sword and the PvP sword. Helped a little but still can't hang with level 80 mobs. Do I need to go back to 50 or 60 and just grind anyways. Thank you in advance for your help
    Skimino -- Stygian, Tempest of Set -- PvP

Even with green level 50 gear you could kill some enemies in northern grasslands as barbarian with berserker spec (because of those tons of CCs).

I think the main point is that you have to learn the class and how to play it... I mean you haven't played a long time and now boosted a charakter to level 80...

You don't even have to buy Item Shop Weapons, they are totaly useless, normal crafted gear is enough to solo play in khitai (even in Paikang if you know how to play your class).

I would start a new charakter...

Quote Originally Posted by L0stinth0ught View Post
    I played AoC for a while and loved it. Took a long break and then came back. I created a new character and it asked me "do you want to start at level 50? One time offer" so I accepted. I also had a ton of offline levels lying around so I boosted the Barbarian to 80 immediately. Problem is I have level 50 gear. I was told to go do faction quests in Khatai to gear up but those level 80 mobs kick my butt. Have I painted myself into a corner and will need to spend $ in the shop to gear up? I bought the level 80 PvE sword and the PvP sword. Helped a little but still can't hang with level 80 mobs. Do I need to go back to 50 or 60 and just grind anyways. Thank you in advance for your help
    Few options.

1. Group: You could run a couple old pre-khitai dungeons like Aztels/Onyx Chambers.

2. Solo: You could run around Keshetta/Commons/Atzels and kill stuff for lvl 70-80 gear.

3. Solo: Wednesday November 5th at 00:00 GMT the next World Boss starts, and just farm that a couple dozen times for T1/T2 raid gear.

I would go with option 3, get a bit of gear, then head into Khitai. Sort of all depends on how quickly you can learn to play your barb having not learned while leveling up. WB will be the easiest way to get decent gear when you don't know squat about how to play your barb.

If you have any gold get barb cultural gear, go to house of crom and get blue gear, and listen to tapwater, do world boss for easy T1/T2 gear and weapons and you will be ready to go.

wait for the next and last WB.
    farm it untill you are full t2
    profit.
    meh...

Whenever I level using offlines (30 to 80) I just hit up the trader and buy a set of crafted blues (not culture) crafted weapons, and gems for it all. And it's enough to make it in khitai.

Thx guys. Sounds like the WB is the way to go. I don't have much gold so I think I'll farm level 70 mobs for gear and try a few dungeons in the mean time. Hopefully I can learn more about how to play with the Barbarian doing that. He is set up for DPS and I downloaded that UI add-on which helps a ton. A guild mate just gave me a blue chest armor so I'm off to a good start

If any of you guys want to run with me just send me a message! I'm on the PvP server. My Barbarian is JacKym and my ToS is Skimino. Thx again!

I would hit the resource zones and do the mining / chopping / gathering /skinning quests. And farm a few hundred of the best selling resource. You will get a few rare drops as well and an evening spent on this could net you quite some gold.

Or you could host a BRC Wing 1 raid with 1 shard reserved, and sell that for 20G and get some blues from trader.

However, did not see until now that you are on Fury. That complicates things a bit if ganking is bad in the zones you pick for resource gathering.

Do a few T1/T2 runs and it should gear you up quite fast. Once you get main pieces done, surviving in Khitai should be fine with a Berserker / general build.

Unless you already have been informed, spend your AA points on Tainted Weapons and Finely Honed. Put points into Pressing Strikes on the way there (get more hit rating!). This makes you able to fill the Rogue role and join sixmen groups for PvE gear.

When there is a quest, pick it up. Always. It gets you 10-18 silvers. And roll greed on any epics that drop, roll need for the ones that are good for Barbarian. If it is trash, you might get it and sell it for 50 silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    I would hit the resource zones and do the mining / chopping / gathering /skinning quests. And farm a few hundred of the best selling resource. You will get a few rare drops as well and an evening spent on this could net you quite some gold.

Or you could host a BRC Wing 1 raid with 1 shard reserved, and sell that for 20G and get some blues from trader.
    Thx. I have no idea what a BRC Wing raid 1 with 1 shard reserved is but i'm trying to google it

I actually built my Barbarian following your post after I found it a while back...

"Bone Shatter / Jagged Cut is the Barbarians "Burn to Death" combo. Do not underestimate this combo, it should be your main combo when dpsing.

For a full dps build use this one with perks Without Warning 5 and Bone Shatter 1 http://goo.gl/tjYxi

Wreck Armor 2-3-4 should also be in your rotation. Fill with CoS IX and X."

works well. I just need to get perk points now.