Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: T5 - Too easy?

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I think you forgot about the revenue decline before TSW. AoC should have continued to decline after, which means TSW is worth a larger share than you assume. Helps explain the population differences. TSW I believe has a better population than AoC, but it is really hard to gauge without numbers.

Back on topic:

The more time I spend in T5 Yak, the more I think the fight is unbalanced. With a reasonably balanced raid, your aoe dps is too low to reliably get through the adds. This feels like Entity all over again. Stack aoe ranged dps if you want an easier win. If the difficulty is really supposed to be at the level you have with a fully balanced raid, then the fight is much too difficult.
    Well we killed Yakmar (ofc I could not be there when he finally died a few days ago. ffs!!! ) with what I would call a balanced raid. Think we only had 2 more casters than in a totally balanced raid. Then again not many wanna play BS so we only had 1 Bs.

It's perfectly doable with a balanced raid, but yes it's tempting to stack dem casters.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Yakh I'm still convinced is doable with sub-standard geared toons(not full T4) we keep coming close with our motley band of half pugged raiders. We'll try stacking mages as this may help alleviate our DPS issues. It's adds thats killing us here because we just can't burn them down fast enough.

In other news, 24 man raiding sucks. Whoever invented it should be hanged and quartered but then again I come from old school D&D roots not this let's try to herd 24 sheeple through this tiny hole and see if they make it through..how exciting!...not.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    The more time I spend in T5 Yak, the more I think the fight is unbalanced. With a reasonably balanced raid, your aoe dps is too low to reliably get through the adds. This feels like Entity all over again. Stack aoe ranged dps if you want an easier win. If the difficulty is really supposed to be at the level you have with a fully balanced raid, then the fight is much too difficult.
    Or you can try a bit more optimal positioning both on how the adds are placed and how your mellee dps places themselves to hit them and you ll find it quite easily doable with a balanced raid.Entity was no win if you didn't stack to a degree so not the same thing.

Personally, I think AoC should implement a WoW type system for raiding with different difficulty settings. That way, more people can see the content, but the gear won't even be close to what the top raiding guilds have.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Or you can try a bit more optimal positioning both on how the adds are placed and how your mellee dps places themselves to hit them and you ll find it quite easily doable with a balanced raid.Entity was no win if you didn't stack to a degree so not the same thing.
    Positioning takes time, having mellee move takes times, ranged dps blows it up, what options do you think the guilds that are learning the fight will choose, Our first night we did a balanced raid force and it was hit and miss. Our second raid night about half way thru raid we decided to have a few folks relog and we stacked casters and got Yak under 75 and got to see more of the fights, so while BALANCED may be doable after you know the fight, stacking casters is an easier way to learn the fight. Hopefully our third raid night will produce more results.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Well, I guess we will work on trying to get melee dps to do more, but it seems quite difficult for them to come anywhere close to the dps a demo or necro is putting out. As for Entity, I believe Ronin has always done it with a perfectly balanced raid, so it is do-able.

You don't have to move them,spawn them where you want to kill them,don't move them unless you really need to..melees moving takes about as much time as broodcall castbar.I am not saying it's not easier with casters but we did it with a balanced setup from the start and when above condition are met it works fine.

Wait until you guys reach Kyliki and then you can see the true meaning of an unbalance and untested encounter.

DPS races are usually the lazy designer's way of faking actual difficulty. It's another gear on the hamsterwheel that encourages pixelwhoring by fooling people into thinking increasing numbers are necessary. Which they aren't in any way, shape or form; you can make fights of varying difficulty for entirely static stats. But without fake difficulty dependant on pure number inflation, you couldn't string anyone along with promises of ph4t l00tz.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    DPS races are usually the lazy designer's way of faking actual difficulty. It's another gear on the hamsterwheel that encourages pixelwhoring by fooling people into thinking increasing numbers are necessary. Which they aren't in any way, shape or form; you can make fights of varying difficulty for entirely static stats. But without fake difficulty dependant on pure number inflation, you couldn't string anyone along with promises of ph4t l00tz.
    That's basically inevitable as long as we continue with the 'new content provides new gear that is better than older gear' ... it's a simple stat inflation problem ... and DPS race encounters are really easy 'problems' to create, as you have said.

I guess that's why people typically call these 'gear check encounters'.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast