Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: halloween

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    No matter when we release it, we will leave it up for two weeks. Also the scope is roughly the same as last year - new questline, new instances and new version of a hub. At least one new vanity item (new as in, not a retexture but a new item model with geometry)
    Jeebus Joel, where you pulling out these new developers from? Wow, congrats and thank you.

At least one new vanity item (new as in, not a retexture but a new item model with geometry)

It would be nice if you could change models of T5 weapons-right now you use old skins from 2008, most of them were reused countless times as T2 quest rewards, blue dungeon drops etc. Afterall if you can add new vanity items for unimportant halloween event you could also change the way highest tier raid weapons look, it can`t be that much work ...

Quote Originally Posted by Anzu View Post
    You should read the latest GD letter.
    Thank you for the prompting ~

I look forward to seeing how it goes.

No matter when we release it, we will leave it up for two weeks. Also the scope is roughly the same as last year - new questline, new instances and new version of a hub. At least one new vanity item (new as in, not a retexture but a new item model with geometry)
    You should consider extending it a bit over two weeks since around the entire 2nd week looks like it will overlap the World Boss week. I for one would greatly appreciate that gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    It would be nice if you could change models of T5 weapons-right now you use old skins from 2008, most of them were reused countless times as T2 quest rewards, blue dungeon drops etc. Afterall if you can add new vanity items for unimportant halloween event you could also change the way highest tier raid weapons look, it can`t be that much work ...
    Months of work vs a few days - they aren't comparable.

Also calling the Halloween event unimportant says more about your priorities (which is fine, but you can't expect everyone to share them) and the statistical increase in players (and shop sales and subscriptions) during events actually shows that they are very important.

Months of work vs a few days - they aren't comparable.
    Does it really take that much longer to replace items than adding new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Does it really take that much longer to replace items than adding new ones?
    Of course it does, he wouldn't have said it otherwise?
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

as long as halloween quest comes out what difference does it make if its near the 31st.. what.. are you guys freakin 8 yrs old?

Save the artwork budget for cetriss..not this t4.5 nonesense. Cetriss 12 man raid instance will be your bread and butter endgame content for a long time to come (similar to how T4 was). The entire art budget should be unleashed here (and the seasonal events)... and if you can maybe add something in the new unchained dungeons(perhaps one new item per class) that would be enough there.

The dates on these things really fluctuate depending on translation and QA approvals. So we have submitted the Conan Halloween event for QA approval, and the text is supposed to be translated by Monday.

Assume all goes well, the the date is a few days away. But making that assumption bits me in the ass a lot. If QA find a showstopper, it adds at least a day (fixing it, building a new version, retesting the version etc)
    So I have been wary about providing dates.
    Thank you Nusquam for providing an update to the timeline. I ( and surely more AOC players ) do appreciate your time and effort in taking a moment to clarify this for us. I was under the assumption that the new quest line was ready to go, and it was only a matter of getting the servers setup. Understandable if some bugs need to be squashed first. Now I'll start sending positive thoughts towards the Devs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast