Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redundant Soulshards

I love the soul shard system. I am not sure how it worked when it was kill-based; but it is perfect nowadays.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

You know that your damage must be rebalanced with that request. Sins got biggest combo dps of all classes by doing 1-step combo + miasma, that's based on both theory and facts. Only thing currently which stops them from going crazy is exactly this shard requirement. So by investing shards in 1 area you lack the other. Imo that's perfectly fine as is.
    Anyway these "buff me - nerf him" threads are just soreness for the eyes specially from veterans. Best fun factor of the game is to adapt and outperform your char's capabilities whatever the balance is. If you are not that kind of person or just simply not up to that, easiest solution is to simply switch class. Why the hell change gameplay for the others too?

Btw don't get me wrong if right steps are done with rebalancing shard system, we could get much more enjoyable gameplay with sins. But if you aim to only remove shards from the game without any drawbacks, its gonna be way too crazy.
    Last edited by Norther; 15th October 2014 at 14:51.

I think the class is fine as it is atm.

It really is ridiculous, every class gets to use their abilities to their full potential all the time as long as they're off cooldown. Assassins are the only ones that don't get that opportunity. Sure it limits dps but as the squishiest class shouldn't it have the highest DPS anyway?

That is an incorrect approach. Every class in Age of Conan is unique. The soul shard system makes it very interesting and balanced.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

To me aswell sin is very fine overall as class.
    Abiut shards and their management, imo they add just a little bit of micro-management which makes class gameplay a bit more fun.
    To be honest shards are never a problem in PvE with the correct feats.
    In PvP instead the system works a bit more nicely, preventing for example to spam GB and DW headlessy.

I like it as it is. Sin gameplay, especially in PvE, is pretty easy, having to push couple of buttons more sometimes is ok.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    To me aswell sin is very fine overall as class.
    Abiut shards and their management, imo they add just a little bit of micro-management which makes class gameplay a bit more fun.
    To be honest shards are never a problem in PvE with the correct feats.
    In PvP instead the system works a bit more nicely, preventing for example to spam GB and DW headlessy.

I like it as it is. Sin gameplay, especially in PvE, is pretty easy, having to push couple of buttons more sometimes is ok.
    DWW and GB should simply have cd so noobs cant come in, miss all combos and hit dww when they see someone low health.
    Dont play sin much, its nice class but I have fun with few others bit more. Still I agree with OP that soul shards should be if not removed than reworked. Either give some way to gain them back faster by doing dmg, for instance with SS or whatever, or reduce cost of some abilities (stun, fear and no need for shard to do knock).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12